follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Xero Limit
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota 86 / Scion FR-S / Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southern California

Southern California SoCal


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-21-2019, 08:07 PM   #1
ric342
FR-S driver
 
ric342's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Drives: ULTRAMARINE Scion FR-S
Location: 805
Posts: 390
Thanks: 241
Thanked 77 Times in 53 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
valve spring procedures

Correct me if im wrong, but to fix the recall all the pulleys including the waterpump pulley need to be removed right? I ask, because not even 2k miles into the fix my almost new waterpump pulley is making noise. I take it to the dealer and they say that the pulley is bad. I had replaced them not six months prior to the recall. My thoughts are that the tech used a gun to tighten them and damaged it, and now im facing the consequences. What are your thoughts?
__________________
mod on
ric342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 08:29 PM   #2
humfrz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 24,282
Thanks: 18,904
Thanked 22,362 Times in 12,264 Posts
Mentioned: 558 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ric342 View Post
Correct me if im wrong, but to fix the recall all the pulleys including the waterpump pulley need to be removed right? I ask, because not even 2k miles into the fix my almost new waterpump pulley is making noise. I take it to the dealer and they say that the pulley is bad. I had replaced them not six months prior to the recall. My thoughts are that the tech used a gun to tighten them and damaged it, and now im facing the consequences. What are your thoughts?
Why did you replace the pulleys?

Did you replace them with OEM pulleys or aftermarket light weight pulleys?


humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 08:41 PM   #3
ric342
FR-S driver
 
ric342's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Drives: ULTRAMARINE Scion FR-S
Location: 805
Posts: 390
Thanks: 241
Thanked 77 Times in 53 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Why did you replace the pulleys?

Did you replace them with OEM pulleys or aftermarket light weight pulleys?


humfrz
ya, i bought the greddy pulley kit belt was due and I figured that I would kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
__________________
mod on
ric342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 08:46 PM   #4
humfrz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 24,282
Thanks: 18,904
Thanked 22,362 Times in 12,264 Posts
Mentioned: 558 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ric342 View Post
ya, i bought the greddy pulley kit belt was due and I figured that I would kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
Since they were aftermarket, the dealer may not accept responsibility -

However, you could ask them.


humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Possible recall on the 86 regarding valve spring tanner CANADA 84 11-28-2019 10:32 PM
Valve spring recall meadowz06 Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB 115 06-08-2019 11:38 PM
valve spring issue? nikitopo Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB 1037 05-01-2019 10:55 PM
BRZ Valve Spring Recall mrhemi Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB 6 03-01-2019 04:35 PM
Valve Spring Recall venturaII New England 13 02-25-2019 08:41 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.