follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northern California

Northern California NorCal

User Tag List

Old 12-30-2014, 03:53 AM   #43
s2d4

Drives: R32 GTR, AW11 MR2 SC, GTS86 R
Thanked 1,223 Times in 708 Posts
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmarYasin View Post
This thread is making its way off topic, the point here is that someone purposely made a brz rear end him, not cool at all, idc how u drive or in what lane, to purposely lock your brakes to make someone crash behind u is wrong, if i was that brz i would have chased this guy an pited him against a wall
Serves them right for being a douche.

Respect others first and foremost, don't be the moron that expects people to respect you after the act of disrespecting others.
Old 12-30-2014, 12:32 PM   #44
Pkush

Drives: 2015 BRZ Series.Blue CWP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2d4 View Post
Serves them right for being a douche.

Respect others first and foremost, don't be the moron that expects people to respect you after the act of disrespecting others.
Don't know about you, but riding someone's ass and slamming on the breaks to cause an accident aren't really a wash in my book. I don't condone tailgating, but tailgating<brake checking, at least for me.
Pkush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 02:23 PM   #45
s2d4

Drives: R32 GTR, AW11 MR2 SC, GTS86 R
Thanked 1,223 Times in 708 Posts
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkush View Post
Don't know about you, but riding someone's ass and slamming on the breaks to cause an accident aren't really a wash in my book. I don't condone tailgating, but tailgating<brake checking, at least for me.
They both suck but yeah whoever swings the first punch, don't bother crying foul as I have no sympathy for such morons.
Old 12-30-2014, 05:07 PM   #46
stugray
Banned

Drives: 2013 GBS BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,445 Times in 711 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Not even close to the same:

1 - Tailgating - illegal and when an accident occurs it is the tailgaters fault %100 of the time (a small fraction of the time, the person in front might get a ticket in addition)

2 - Driving along and jamming on the brakes - occurs all of the time intentional or not. So be ready for this it is a common occurrence

So 1 = intentionally breaking the law, 2 = physics

And I will repeat myself: If you jam on the brakes and someone rear-ends you you will not get a ticket unless you intentionally tell the cop "Yeah I slammed on the brakes because this jackass was tailgating me".
And even then, I know that some cops will STILL say "well then he shouldnt have been following so close should he?"
stugray is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stugray For This Useful Post:
Koa (12-30-2014)
Old 12-30-2014, 05:53 PM   #47
Pkush

Drives: 2015 BRZ Series.Blue CWP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Looking from the way of law, yes you are correct. Simply because proving someone slammed on the brakes for no reason is impossible.

Basically what you're saying is - because no one can prove I did it on purpose, I can get away with it. And it's true. I can tell you this much - probably half of the time if you jam on the brakes for no reason you'll get rear ended, even if people are following at safe distance.

I was driving down the interstate once, and some guy decided to brake check (insurance scam maybe?) the driver behind him, who wasn't even tailgating (not the perfect following distance, but a good 4 car lengths behind). They got into an accident. I actually called the cops and told them what I saw, that it was intentional slamming on the brakes since the highway was empty. Too bad I never found out what happened afterwards.

Tailgating - illegal. Brake checking isn't? I'm simply too lazy to go search the webs for this, but brake checking and/or sudden stops on the highway are also illegal.
So we have two illegal things, but one (tailgating) is annoying and increasing the possibility of an accident. While the other is outright aimed at creating an accident. You feel me?
Pkush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 06:10 PM   #48
stugray
Banned

Drives: 2013 GBS BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,445 Times in 711 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Basically what you're saying is - because no one can prove I did it on purpose, I can get away with it. And it's true. I can tell you this much - probably half of the time if you jam on the brakes for no reason you'll get rear ended, even if people are following at safe distance.
No.
Basically what I am saying is - Dont tailgate because WHEN traffic comes to sudden stop you need to be prepared with adequate spacing.

I dont care WHAT the reason for the sudden stop IS, and physics doesn't care either.
stugray is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stugray For This Useful Post:
chas3wba0 (01-27-2015)
Old 01-26-2015, 03:49 PM   #49
fatalelement

Drives: 2015 FR-S (Halo)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stugray View Post
Not even close to the same:

1 - Tailgating - illegal and when an accident occurs it is the tailgaters fault %100 of the time (a small fraction of the time, the person in front might get a ticket in addition)

2 - Driving along and jamming on the brakes - occurs all of the time intentional or not. So be ready for this it is a common occurrence

So 1 = intentionally breaking the law, 2 = physics

And I will repeat myself: If you jam on the brakes and someone rear-ends you you will not get a ticket unless you intentionally tell the cop "Yeah I slammed on the brakes because this jackass was tailgating me".
And even then, I know that some cops will STILL say "well then he shouldnt have been following so close should he?"
I mean in the situation here, tailgating is not a criminal offense. It's a moving violation, and questionably so. Leaving the scene of an accident is a misdemeanor AT BEST, and in the event of any injury to either party, is a felony. So, if you brake check someone, they tap you, and you leave, you are inarguably the larger criminal.

But, absent OP's situation, technically yes but only assuming you aren't using the facts and are using an accident report. Intentionally brake checking instead of moving out of the way of someone driving like an asshole is more dangerous and more illegal.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
fatalelement is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fatalelement For This Useful Post:
justint5387 (01-27-2015)
Old 01-27-2015, 06:16 PM   #50
CamryDS

Drives: 2003 Camry Blue | 2013 FR-S White
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMok View Post
you know what's great though, is posting online with your name and details of how you overtly violated the law by causing an accident and leaving the scene. I'm sure karma will catch up with him sooner or later...

I think you can report that to san jose or the police with that screen shot. he openly admitted that he brake checked someone... that's completely illegal.
CamryDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 06:38 PM   #51
fatalelement

Drives: 2015 FR-S (Halo)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryDS View Post
I think you can report that to san jose or the police with that screen shot. he openly admitted that he brake checked someone... that's completely illegal.
He also openly admitted fleeing an accident that he had knowledge of his involvement in.... Which is literally the list of elements required to convict someone of fleeing the scene of an accident. I know firsthand that at least in Los Angeles, the police close a lot of cases based on dumbass Facebook posts like this haha. Here's hoping someone just tells the cops.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
fatalelement is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fatalelement For This Useful Post:
CamryDS (02-02-2015), tigermack (01-28-2015)
Old 02-02-2015, 03:26 PM   #52
CamryDS

Drives: 2003 Camry Blue | 2013 FR-S White
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Hell if no one does it here I'm going to send it to the cops. It's completely stupid that someone would brake check anyone in this case =/
CamryDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 04:37 PM   #53
ZOMFGAARON
A Demon

Drives: Raven GT86
Thanked 1,321 Times in 701 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Any update on this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ZOMFGAARON is offline   Reply With Quote