follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 07-22-2014, 02:16 PM   #1
Shady195

Drives: '13 10 Series FRS #1203
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What do I need for an independent tuner..

I'd like to at somepoint have my car tuned by a local tuner. I REALLY was looking at getting something like the OFT but im curious to know if this device could be used by a tuner in order to tune the car? I'd love to get one to play with and use the maps it comes with, but once I have an exhaust and any other goodies on my car, maybe even FI down the line I want to know if it will be possible with something like the OFT or would something like the ECUTEK be more applicable?
Shady195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 03:54 PM   #2
fantah

Drives: 2013 BRZ Premium Black
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
you can do datalogs from oft. Also you can use romraider to modify the OTF maps to your liking, such as setting lauch controls, flat foot shifting, blah blah blah
fantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:04 PM   #3
Xero-Limit

Drives: JDL Turbo FRS, 335SC BRZ (ret)
Thanked 1,547 Times in 525 Posts
Mentioned: 380 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady195 View Post
I'd like to at somepoint have my car tuned by a local tuner. I REALLY was looking at getting something like the OFT but im curious to know if this device could be used by a tuner in order to tune the car? I'd love to get one to play with and use the maps it comes with, but once I have an exhaust and any other goodies on my car, maybe even FI down the line I want to know if it will be possible with something like the OFT or would something like the ECUTEK be more applicable?
I'm not sure you'll have too much luck locally, but we have folks coming in from Canada, mid atlantic, and down south even. The gas spent on the drive is usually nothing in comparison to how much you save by not wasting extra hours on street or dyno tuning. Usually with base maps that are highly refined, you don't need more than a short cruise or an hour on the dyno to really maximize things. Helps to specialize.
Xero-Limit is offline   Reply With Quote