follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 03-04-2013, 02:22 AM   #71
bestwheelbase

Drives: 1985 P-Type
Thanked 2,058 Times in 1,098 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchlanez View Post
I'm surprised people here don't believe racism like this exists.
It is a good thing. Shows progress. But still - people must realize this is not hard to believe. It (unfortunately) happens all the time!
bestwheelbase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:23 AM   #72
Guff
Now w/ over 400 womprats!

Drives: BRZ LZR
Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,424 Posts
Mentioned: 301 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Garage
Stay strong, my friend. I've dealt with racism all my life too.

The way I see it, for every idiot like this, there's 30, 50, maybe a hundred people out there who are tolerant and accepting, and I'm very thankful for that.

Just be glad whatever damage occurred can be buffed out!
Guff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:24 AM   #73
shishand

Drives: Whiteout
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I Don't understand how you can comprehend this kind of shit, I feel really bad for you for the fact that you have to put up with this kind of shit, but you ought to be a little more aggressive if people are like this in your town, please carry a knife and maybe a CO2 pistol metal BB for your own safety, you shouldn't tolerate this kind of shit, i know violence isn't the answer, but your own life was in danger here thanks to some racist fucks.

i had a somewhat similar experience, im persian myself, i was cruising down the free way with cruisecontrol on at 65mph in my lane, some hillybilly white, old guy in a red truck literally changes in to my lane going 50mph and i was only a couple of feet away and i was changing the music actually and had to slam my brakes slightly and i beeped at him and he had the urge to flip me off as well, so i change lanes, go infront of him and back into his lane and slow down for him to get near my car, literally slowed down to 45mph but he just slowed down more and just went away pretty much.

I hope the best for you mate, be careful!

Also, when you tried speeding away, did they keep up well? just curious @VesperLynn
shishand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:34 AM   #74
sho220

Drives: FR-S MT & FJ Cruiser
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shishand View Post
I Don't understand how you can comprehend this kind of shit, I feel really bad for you for the fact that you have to put up with this kind of shit, but you ought to be a little more aggressive if people are like this in your town, please carry a knife and maybe a CO2 pistol metal BB for your own safety, you shouldn't tolerate this kind of shit, i know violence isn't the answer, but your own life was in danger here thanks to some racist fucks.

i had a somewhat similar experience, im persian myself, i was cruising down the free way with cruisecontrol on at 65mph in my lane, some hillybilly white, old guy in a red truck literally changes in to my lane going 50mph and i was only a couple of feet away and i was changing the music actually and had to slam my brakes slightly and i beeped at him and he had the urge to flip me off as well, so i change lanes, go infront of him and back into his lane and slow down for him to get near my car, literally slowed down to 45mph but he just slowed down more and just went away pretty much.

I hope the best for you mate, be careful!

Also, when you tried speeding away, did they keep up well? just curious @VesperLynn
WTF???? Seriously...terrible advise. Good luck with your BB gun (or knife) when the other guy pulls out his .45

sho220 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sho220 For This Useful Post:
Giccin (03-04-2013)
Old 03-04-2013, 02:34 AM   #75
VesperLynn

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quote:

Not at all. I've learned that if I keep this car above 4,500 RPMs it's actually got quite a bit of grunt. Nothing like the 340HP STI I've got sitting in the driveway, but it's still not a "Gay BRZ" like they yelled out the window along with everything else they yelled. I was in 4th gear heading on the off ramp kind of thing and it's only one lane and the switched right next to me. It's pretty narrow and then drops off immediately after. They were pushing us towards the edge, so I just dropped it down into 2nd and blipped my throttle up, let the clutch loose and got ahead. Slowed back down to the 35MPH zone and was they were tailgating me the whole time. Got to the stoplight when they threw a full coffee all over the car. Followed them for about 200 yards to make sure I got the license plate. They pulled off to the side of the road and the guy got out and I got the license plate number and drove off. Went to the girlfriends house and dropped her off and washed the car.

I think it helped that I was running the Potenzas off of my WRX, they gave me a little extra grip to put that power down. Can't wait to see how my car preforms with the new racing clutch I have to put in and it's lightened flywheel.
VesperLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:48 AM   #76
SilentAngel

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
That's pretty crazy. Really didn't expect something like this to come outta OR. Haven't heard any bad things about Oregon and i actually have a few relatives up there. I may be moving up that way in a couple years, but i'll probably be more towards the Seaside area. Never really experienced any sort of racism before, but i know of it. I would definitely would recommend the camera's i just recently bought 1 for the front of my car and plan on buying a rearview camera in another couple months. Be safe man!!
Old 03-04-2013, 02:52 AM   #77
Jeong

Drives: pet dragon
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Im korean and theres alot of racist pricks out there. Id like to have a concealed arms license but im 19 and living in cali.

I carry a bat in my trunk for safety. I know its not as intimidating as a gun but most people dont carry guns in their vehicle being in cali so a bat does just fine. Plus theres alot of stupid asian gang shit that goes on in oc and i like to have some safety.
Jeong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:52 AM   #78
VesperLynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentAngel View Post
That's pretty crazy. Really didn't expect something like this to come outta OR. Haven't heard any bad things about Oregon and i actually have a few relatives up there. I may be moving up that way in a couple years, but i'll probably be more towards the Seaside area. Never really experienced any sort of racism before, but i know of it. I would definitely would recommend the camera's i just recently bought 1 for the front of my car and plan on buying a rearview camera in another couple months. Be safe man!!
This is the first experience since I was younger where there has been such blatant racism. I was really in awe from the whole situation and it really caught me off guard. Usually everyone in the town I live in mind their own business and are pretty polite when it comes to driving. Just a freak event I guess.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:55 AM   #79
shishand

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho220 View Post
WTF???? Seriously...terrible advice. Good luck with your BB gun (or knife) when the other guy pulls out his .45
I'm sorry i didn't mean it in a situation like that, i was assuming they were teenagers or just hooligans like that, if they look like they are gang related or such i would just get away as well, but still having some type of protection for your self is better than nothing!

Luckly where i live, in Irvine, i never even dealt or heard of such things.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:59 AM   #80
shishand

Quote:
Originally Posted by VesperLynn View Post
Not at all. I've learned that if I keep this car above 4,500 RPMs it's actually got quite a bit of grunt. Nothing like the 340HP STI I've got sitting in the driveway, but it's still not a "Gay BRZ" like they yelled out the window along with everything else they yelled. I was in 4th gear heading on the off ramp kind of thing and it's only one lane and the switched right next to me. It's pretty narrow and then drops off immediately after. They were pushing us towards the edge, so I just dropped it down into 2nd and blipped my throttle up, let the clutch loose and got ahead. Slowed back down to the 35MPH zone and was they were tailgating me the whole time. Got to the stoplight when they threw a full coffee all over the car. Followed them for about 200 yards to make sure I got the license plate. They pulled off to the side of the road and the guy got out and I got the license plate number and drove off. Went to the girlfriends house and dropped her off and washed the car.

I think it helped that I was running the Potenzas off of my WRX, they gave me a little extra grip to put that power down. Can't wait to see how my car preforms with the new racing clutch I have to put in and it's lightened flywheel.
If you dont mind me asking, how many of them were they and how old did they look?

Also, have you done anything with their license plate info or such?
Old 03-04-2013, 03:04 AM   #81
VesperLynn

Quote:
If you dont mind me asking, how many of them were they and how old did they look?

Also, have you done anything with their license plate info or such?
There were three. Two females up front, one male in back. They were all in the later 20's, early 30's age range. The typical rednecks we get around here.

And yes, reported it to the local police station and they reported it to state police for whatever reason. Don't know if the vehicle was stopped or anything. Going in tomorrow to follow up and see what can be done. My car was damaged in the incident... (like I've said earlier, only scratches, but still it's damage.)
Old 03-04-2013, 03:26 AM   #82
SilentAngel

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quote:
This is the first experience since I was younger where there has been such blatant racism. I was really in awe from the whole situation and it really caught me off guard. Usually everyone in the town I live in mind their own business and are pretty polite when it comes to driving. Just a freak event I guess.
Sounds about right then. Most places are usually really mellow and calm like, but there is always the few people that are ignorant and do stupid things such as this.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:58 AM   #83
shishand

Quote:
There were three. Two females up front, one male in back. They were all in the later 20's, early 30's age range. The typical rednecks we get around here.

And yes, reported it to the local police station and they reported it to state police for whatever reason. Don't know if the vehicle was stopped or anything. Going in tomorrow to follow up and see what can be done. My car was damaged in the incident... (like I've said earlier, only scratches, but still it's damage.)
ah they are the worst. good luck mate, keep us updated !
Old 03-04-2013, 04:43 AM   #84
jstans84
Banned

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenshuo View Post
the dashboard cam is only gonna record what's in front of it. If OP parked his car somewhere and those civic drivers did something behind the car, how can that be recorded?
OP said they drove infront of him to throw the coffee also it would get an actual video of their car and plate.
jstans84 is offline   Reply With Quote