follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 10-10-2015, 08:07 PM   #141
continuecrushing

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FRS
Thanked 2,144 Times in 1,003 Posts
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltezza View Post
I might install mine this week, it's pretty sunny outside and the weather looks great so why not!?

I wonder how it'll sound with an Invidia N1 (Stock FP and OP)
uh, it'll sound AWESOME!!!!!!!

Any weekend is a good weekend to install this header lol
continuecrushing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to continuecrushing For This Useful Post:
Alltezza (10-10-2015)
Old 10-10-2015, 09:15 PM   #142
Alltezza

Drives: WRB Limited BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutter View Post
uh, it'll sound AWESOME!!!!!!!

Any weekend is a good weekend to install this header lol
Yeah! I can't wait. I gotta give a huge shoutout to @ck-GT86 I was the one who bought the header from him. Great guy to do business with, I'm waiting on my Grimmspeed gaskets to come in, the only thing I'm concerned with is reusing the nuts and bolts from my stock header but I don't think it would be an issue because I'll be using a new gasket anyways.
Alltezza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Alltezza For This Useful Post:
ck-GT86 (10-10-2015)
Old 10-11-2015, 01:28 AM   #143
jawn

Drives: 2015 CWP BRZ Limited
Thanked 3,946 Times in 1,757 Posts
Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
I'm waiting for mine to arrive in the mail.

jawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 03:21 PM   #144
Alltezza

Any of you guys installed your header without a tune? How long did you go before you get a CEL
Old 10-12-2015, 03:25 PM   #145
ck-GT86

Drives: '13 Raven FR-S, MT
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quote:
Any of you guys installed your header without a tune? How long did you go before you get a CEL
It's catless, should kick in in under 100 miles or so?
Old 10-12-2015, 03:28 PM   #146
continuecrushing

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FRS
Thanked 2,144 Times in 1,003 Posts
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ck-GT86 View Post
depends really. At first I drove around with no tune, and the CEL would come and go at random. Didnt turn on for the first few hundred miles, then it came on.

Then I get in the car one day and its off.

Tune or defouler mod would be the way to go!
continuecrushing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 06:10 PM   #147
Alltezza

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck-GT86 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutter View Post
depends really. At first I drove around with no tune, and the CEL would come and go at random. Didnt turn on for the first few hundred miles, then it came on.

Then I get in the car one day and its off.

Tune or defouler mod would be the way to go!
Oh alright then lol I'm trying to figure this out I'm waiting on my ECUTEK hardware to come in and then I gotta hit up Delicious tuning
The Following User Says Thank You to Alltezza For This Useful Post:
continuecrushing (10-13-2015)
Old 10-14-2015, 01:58 PM   #148
jawn

It's so pretty.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jawn For This Useful Post:
Alltezza (10-14-2015), Mr.Impreza (10-25-2015)
Old 10-14-2015, 02:01 PM   #149
drew_kar

Drives: WRB Brz / SR S14
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
This header really does punch above its weight in terms of quality

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
drew_kar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to drew_kar For This Useful Post:
theneptune86 (03-04-2022)
Old 10-15-2015, 04:42 PM   #150
Michael
Lovin' the Low Life

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Does anyone happen to have a side-by-side comparison of the Gruppe-S OP and Invidia OP? Curious if there really is much of a different since I have the Invidia one currently. I am thinking about running the Invidia OP with a Motiv Catted FP and the Gruppe-S UEL.

Searching for pictures of each OP does not really do it any justice in comparisons.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 10:40 PM   #151
Alltezza

Alright! So great news! Finally got it installed. I'll probably be back to update this post but I have to sleep and go to work soon so I'll just upload pictures.

And again shoutout to @ck-GT86 if you ever buy stuff from him or do any business with him I can vouch for him he did a great job sending this header to me REALLY FAST and he's just a great guy.

Now I'm just waiting on my ECUTEK to come in the mail so I can hit up Delicious Tuning. The only thing I will say about this is that I LOVE THE SOUND and it sounds mean as fck! I'm still running the stock OP and FP, and it sounds pretty damn mean.

I also notice that when I shift from 1st to 2nd or just shifting in general at around 3-4K RPM....there's not much of a torque dip that I feel. Maybe it's a placebo I don't know but I'm pretty sure that it helped A LOT. I can't wait for a tune to get the full benefit of this setup. I was actually looking into grabbing some JDL headers or Tomei but after seeing Drift Office's testings I was sold. This is by far in my opinion the best header you can get for the price range. I haven't driven this setup yet that much but so far I'm loving it. If anybody's reading this and is looking into grabbing some headers give Gruppe-S a shot.

I don't really have any videos except for a 6 second video from snapchat that a buddy of mine took for me I think I was having too much fun with my car(;

If you guys are interested in it let me know and I'll upload it somewhere.

Last edited by Alltezza; 10-15-2015 at 10:54 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alltezza For This Useful Post:
ck-GT86 (10-16-2015), jawn (10-15-2015)
Old 10-15-2015, 11:30 PM   #152
jawn

Quote:

Now I'm just waiting on my ECUTEK to come in the mail so I can hit up Delicious Tuning. The only thing I will say about this is that I LOVE THE SOUND and it sounds mean as fck! I'm still running the stock OP and FP, and it sounds pretty damn mean.

I also notice that when I shift from 1st to 2nd or just shifting in general at around 3-4K RPM....there's not much of a torque dip that I feel. Maybe it's a placebo I don't know but I'm pretty sure that it helped A LOT. I can't wait for a tune to get the full benefit of this setup. I was actually looking into grabbing some JDL headers or Tomei but after seeing Drift Office's testings I was sold. This is by far in my opinion the best header you can get for the price range. I haven't driven this setup yet that much but so far I'm loving it. If anybody's reading this and is looking into grabbing some headers give Gruppe-S a shot.

I don't really have any videos except for a 6 second video from snapchat that a buddy of mine took for me I think I was having too much fun with my car(;

If you guys are interested in it let me know and I'll upload it somewhere.

Nice! I'd love to hear your thoughts on the loudness/drone of the headers with the N1. I've been holding off getting a catback until I get a feel for how loud the headers are by themselves.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:06 AM   #153
Alltezza

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawn View Post
Nice! I'd love to hear your thoughts on the loudness/drone of the headers with the N1. I've been holding off getting a catback until I get a feel for how loud the headers are by themselves.
LOL I don't think I'm the right guy to ask about loudness. The Invidia N1 and Gruppe UEL actually doesn't bother me at all. The drone is there at 2.5-4K RPM and after driving it for 30 minutes to work this morning. It doesn't bother me at all.

The only thing I noticed is that there's little to no drone when just driving around the city, but when I'm on the interstate going 70-80 to work there is that constant drone that may or may not bother you. For me I either listen to my car sing or just blast music.
Also I would like to point out that I'm 22 years old so that could be a huge factor as to why this doesn't bother me...maybe I'm just young LOL.

When I have a friend with me in the car I noticed that I had to talk a little bit louder but other than that it's not that much of a big deal. At least to me it's not. This is also just first impressions so far, maybe down the road I might be like "Alright this is wayyy too damn loud" but I don't think that'll be the case for me....I hope not at least lol!

Now my friend had an S2000 with the Invidia N1 on it and he couldn't stand it because of the drone. He said it sounds AMAZING when he gets on it but the drone with the commute going back and forth to work was not doing it for him.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:36 AM   #154
jawn

Quote:
LOL I don't think I'm the right guy to ask about loudness. The Invidia N1 and Gruppe UEL actually doesn't bother me at all. The drone is there at 2.5-4K RPM and after driving it for 30 minutes to work this morning. It doesn't bother me at all.

The only thing I noticed is that there's little to no drone when just driving around the city, but when I'm on the interstate going 70-80 to work there is that constant drone that may or may not bother you. For me I either listen to my car sing or just blast music.
Also I would like to point out that I'm 22 years old so that could be a huge factor as to why this doesn't bother me...maybe I'm just young LOL.

When I have a friend with me in the car I noticed that I had to talk a little bit louder but other than that it's not that much of a big deal. At least to me it's not. This is also just first impressions so far, maybe down the road I might be like "Alright this is wayyy too damn loud" but I don't think that'll be the case for me....I hope not at least lol!

Now my friend had an S2000 with the Invidia N1 on it and he couldn't stand it because of the drone. He said it sounds AMAZING when he gets on it but the drone with the commute going back and forth to work was not doing it for him.
Gotcha. Probably not my thing, then. I'm not big on drone, and I probably should have a stealthier setup living where I do.

Tags
gruppe, gruppes, header, uel, unequal length