follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 04-23-2014, 12:00 AM   #29
raul
Lap time enthusiast

Drives: Asphalt '13 FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG David View Post
Setup for autocross is different from tracking. Dedicated setups are required to be the best. Every setup requires unique overall balance and that part requires refinement. Obviously driver skill is very important as well to harness the best out of the car.
Agreed, dedicated setups are the way to go. I have a set of Feal 441s and while I have not driven on more expensive setups, but I can personally say they behave great at the track, including Sebring's bumpy turn 17. However, they seem to do even better at the Autocross.
raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:10 PM   #30
dizzario
Banned

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thgear View Post
i am sorry for being a ****, but please replace your initial paragraph with this:

Hey FT86,
Recently, I got the opportunity to test out FEAL SUSPENSION's new coilover kit for the FR-S/BRZ. These are assembled by hand and customized to your requirements. They were designed (since I doubt he personally builds each unit, but if he does, then keep the word build) built by Odi Bakchis¬-a professional Formula D drifter.

i would also refrain from statements such as

So you know these coilovers can take a beating and they're made by enthusiasts for enthusiasts! (poor relationship link, there are many enthusiasts who aren’t very professional and plenty of professionals who aren’t very enthusiastic…)

Instead i would say something like. "these are durable coilovers" (assuming they are, in fact, made from thicker/stronger material or better designed and or produced.

Sorry to quote from 4 months ago but this just pissed me off. Why don't you get off your ass and call Odi? Better yet, you can PM me your number and I'll have him call you when I pick up my 'custom' configuration tomorrow...oh wait...he WILL be assembling them by hand so I'll have to hold it for him.

It's just the blatant ignorance of your post that got my attention. I just searched 'Feal' on the forums to see if anyone was using them since I'm grabbing a set tomorrow. You'd be surprised just how incorrect you are.
dizzario is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dizzario For This Useful Post:
Shoebox (03-28-2016)
Old 07-30-2014, 07:21 PM   #31
Model Citizen
Lacking brains

Drives: frz
Odi called me to talk about my sti revalves going on my forester a few years ago.

Unless somethings changed hes the one doing the work. Of course that was a while back and before all the coils being sold.
Model Citizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:49 PM   #32
dizzario
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model Citizen View Post
Odi called me to talk about my sti revalves going on my forester a few years ago.

Unless somethings changed hes the one doing the work. Of course that was a while back and before all the coils being sold.
Just called him to see if I can swing by tomorrow. I was asking about different 441 setups and he said that there are variations for street, road race, and even off-road. He and his brother are the main people in the shop whenever I've been down his way. He even said that he would need a minimum 24hr notice on what I wanted because it has to be assembled by him before I can pick it up. When I said what I was hoping to achieve (low ride but above average comfort) he said he could definitely fine-tune a street/road race variation to suit my needs. He's still doing all the work. Last I remember coming from his own mouth was that he isn't even drifting that much because he focuses on his shop a lot more. I'm pretty sure that I was at his shop when he said that. Awesome, stand up guy in a business that's seeing too many outsourced Chinese parts labeled as Japanese.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:15 PM   #33
jebuwh
Village Idiot

Drives: '13 FR-S Ultramarine Manual
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzario View Post
Just called him to see if I can swing by tomorrow. I was asking about different 441 setups and he said that there are variations for street, road race, and even off-road. He and his brother are the main people in the shop whenever I've been down his way. He even said that he would need a minimum 24hr notice on what I wanted because it has to be assembled by him before I can pick it up. When I said what I was hoping to achieve (low ride but above average comfort) he said he could definitely fine-tune a street/road race variation to suit my needs. He's still doing all the work. Last I remember coming from his own mouth was that he isn't even drifting that much because he focuses on his shop a lot more. I'm pretty sure that I was at his shop when he said that. Awesome, stand up guy in a business that's seeing too many outsourced Chinese parts labeled as Japanese.
He is a legit dude. He used to do all my dirt bike revalves and rebuilds when I was riding a ton. He is good at what he does.

I will be going the feal route on my car as well eventually.
jebuwh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:06 PM   #34
7thgear
i'm sorry, what?

Drives: Canada
Location: I rock a beat harder than you can beat it with rocks
Thanked 2,506 Times in 1,268 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Sorry to quote from 4 months ago but this just pissed me off. Why don't you get off your ass and call Odi? Better yet, you can PM me your number and I'll have him call you when I pick up my 'custom' configuration tomorrow...oh wait...he WILL be assembling them by hand so I'll have to hold it for him.

It's just the blatant ignorance of your post that got my attention. I just searched 'Feal' on the forums to see if anyone was using them since I'm grabbing a set tomorrow. You'd be surprised just how incorrect you are.

you missed the point of my post entirely but good for you!
Old 08-06-2014, 12:31 PM   #35
dizzario
Banned

Quote:
you missed the point of my post entirely but good for you!
Enlighten me, please. I'm only pointing out that you lumped this particular producer into a category that most others fit into. This is the internet and here you can post random bullshit without any basis in facts because you can do it anonymously and simply ignore any flak you might receive. Just because you CAN, however, does't mean you SHOULD.

'Merica.
JPxM0Dz (08-06-2014)
Old 08-06-2014, 12:50 PM   #36
7thgear
i'm sorry, what?

Drives: Canada
Location: I rock a beat harder than you can beat it with rocks
Thanked 2,506 Times in 1,268 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Enlighten me, please. I'm only pointing out that you lumped this particular producer into a category that most others fit into. This is the internet and here you can post random bullshit without any basis in facts because you can do it anonymously and simply ignore any flak you might receive. Just because you CAN, however, does't mean you SHOULD.

'Merica.

the original post, which has since been extensively edited, was a grammatical nightmare and read like a copy-pasted, b-rated, tuner-mag-styled marketing hype containing all noise and no signal.

By your own admission, you stumbled in here quite late and choose to pick a fight with a non-issue as I explicitly stated to keep original wording pertaining to a single sentence if Odi did in fact build each shock individually. I wasn’t denouncing the claim merely questioning it, as I was under the impression FEAL suspensions are assembled by HotBits according to a specified design.

If this has since changed then good for them, but again, that wasn’t the point of my post.

You stumbled into a party that has long since been brought to a close, the floors cleaned, the walls painted and the house sold to a new owner who is now half-chuckling at the sight of you standing there with your hat on backwards, bottle of 40 in hand, demanding to be let in cuz Joey told you it was gonna be dope.

themajesticone (08-06-2014)
Old 08-06-2014, 03:39 PM   #37
dizzario
Banned

Quote:
the original post, which has since been extensively edited, was a grammatical nightmare and read like a copy-pasted, b-rated, tuner-mag-styled marketing hype containing all noise and no signal.

By your own admission, you stumbled in here quite late and choose to pick a fight with a non-issue as I explicitly stated to keep original wording pertaining to a single sentence if Odi did in fact build each shock individually. I wasn’t denouncing the claim merely questioning it, as I was under the impression FEAL suspensions are assembled by HotBits according to a specified design.

If this has since changed then good for them, but again, that wasn’t the point of my post.

You stumbled into a party that has long since been brought to a close, the floors cleaned, the walls painted and the house sold to a new owner who is now half-chuckling at the sight of you standing there with your hat on backwards, bottle of 40 in hand, demanding to be let in cuz Joey told you it was gonna be dope.

...if you weren't so up your own ass with trying to dazzle the folks on here with your eloquent use of the English language I'd give you props. Unfortunately, you seem like an egotistical twat.

The issue is with your 'questioning' because you ONLY questioned his statement. Why not fish out an answer yourself instead of posting on this thread? Maybe my posting here is a form of forum-karma you brought upon yourself?
Shoebox (03-28-2016)
Old 08-28-2014, 11:01 AM   #38
yomny

Drives: 2013 FRS Whiteout
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
This reply goes to the idiot that thinks he's smarter than the rest of us. If the OP wants to write Odi assembled these naked at night wearing night vision goggles then who the hell are you to say other wise. You may be great with grammar but and idiot when it comes to understanding "the point"of this thread. Aside from that! Does anyone know if the coil overs adjust rebound only or rebound/compression together like the BC coils. Thanks.
yomny is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yomny For This Useful Post:
Shoebox (03-28-2016), SwaggFPS (12-22-2016)
Old 11-27-2019, 09:51 AM   #39
RenegadeWRX

Drives: 2013 BRZ 1999 Subaru Impreza
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yomny View Post
This reply goes to the idiot that thinks he's smarter than the rest of us. If the OP wants to write Odi assembled these naked at night wearing night vision goggles then who the hell are you to say other wise. You may be great with grammar but and idiot when it comes to understanding "the point"of this thread. Aside from that! Does anyone know if the coil overs adjust rebound only or rebound/compression together like the BC coils. Thanks.
https://fealsuspensionstore.com/feal...s-toyota-gt86/

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
RenegadeWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 06:30 AM   #40
Captain Snooze
Because compromise ®

Drives: Red Herring
Thanked 9,346 Times in 4,127 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeWRX View Post