follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 10-09-2016, 05:38 AM   #155
notout86

Drives: GTS 86 auto
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellslinger View Post
Sway bars. I can't get up my driveway without three wheeling it. Also, I don't track my car so it was pretty much a useless mod.
Does your car have the torsen diff. & if it does, do you get a sound like marbles rolling around when one rear wheel is up in the air?

A couple of times recently I heard marbles and now I wonder if a rear wheel up was the reason.
Old 10-09-2016, 01:00 PM   #156
shellslinger

Drives: Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by notout86 View Post
Does your car have the torsen diff. & if it does, do you get a sound like marbles rolling around when one rear wheel is up in the air?

A couple of times recently I heard marbles and now I wonder if a rear wheel up was the reason.
Yeah I guess you could say so. But it sounds like abs is kicking in or something.
shellslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shellslinger For This Useful Post:
notout86 (10-09-2016)
Old 10-10-2016, 12:41 PM   #157
kch
Senior Misanthrope

Drives: 2015 BRZ Series.Blue CWP
Thanked 1,168 Times in 645 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by notout86 View Post

That's probably the ABS. A Torsen-type diff is great on the road, but fails completely when one wheel is up in the air.
kch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kch For This Useful Post:
notout86 (10-10-2016)
Old 10-10-2016, 10:50 PM   #158
jxl00

Drives: scion frs 2014
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
berk track pipe. also, honestly after all my mods I think the car was designed well as stock and any performance mods are a waste of money.
jxl00 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jxl00 For This Useful Post:
weederr33 (10-10-2016)
Old 10-10-2016, 11:10 PM   #159
Bowen
Powered by Crickets

Drives: 14' SWP MT Limited BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jxl00 View Post
berk track pipe. also, honestly after all my mods I think the car was designed well as stock and any performance mods are a waste of money.
Disagree, wider tires and UEL headers+tune are a game changer. Smoothing that torque curve out has made the car much more enjoyable.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
PollosHermanos (10-11-2016), SlammedSilly (10-11-2016), Th3rdSun (10-11-2016)
Old 10-10-2016, 11:13 PM   #160
irod1021

Drives: 2013 Red FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowen View Post
Disagree, wider tires and UEL headers+tune are a game changer. Smoothing that torque curve out has made the car much more enjoyable.

I was about to say the same

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
irod1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 10:23 AM   #161
PollosHermanos

Drives: 2014 SWP BRZ Limited 6SP
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowen View Post

Same here. World of difference.

[closes browser window full of coil over options]

1990 Laser RS - Lights go up, lights go down ||1992 MX-6 Coupe - Hah ... no || 2001 Integra GSR - Almost rice. Risotto || 2003 IS300 - A nice car but no fun. || 2011 Stage I GTI - Lots of fun. Would buy another

2014 BRZ - That BRZ. So hot right now.
PollosHermanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 11:11 AM   #162
driftartist
Kurenai Samurai

Drives: Red and manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by daiheadjai View Post
Not sure I'd agree. Throttle response felt much better with the lightweight pulley.
It was immediately noticeable after installing, and uninstalling (returning the car to stock) that shifts were smoother and rev-matching easier (throttle blips responded faster).

You won't get any power out of it - you just access what you have a bit sooner.
Plus the crank rotation is no longer dampened and will in the long run cause issues which is a really neato mod.
driftartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 11:42 AM   #163
daiheadjai

Drives: 2003 S2000, 2008 Fit
Thanked 1,154 Times in 688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftartist View Post
Plus the crank rotation is no longer dampened and will in the long run cause issues which is a really neato mod.
This has been debunked for boxer engines. Wouldn't mess with the pulley if an inline though.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
daiheadjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 01:31 PM   #164
driftartist
Kurenai Samurai

Drives: Red and manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by daiheadjai View Post
This has been debunked for boxer engines. Wouldn't mess with the pulley if an inline though.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
I understand why that would make sense, but thats not what rebello racing in the ca bay area says. and while a boxer engine has considerably less vibration and torsion, it is still possible to do damage over time. You are correct on the inline engines but it still applies to the boxer as well.
driftartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 01:40 PM   #165
Bowen