follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 05-22-2013, 09:25 PM   #57
lionbacker54

Drives: 2013 WR Blue 6MT BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
OH - Toledo - Yark - Sales

Sales: Steve Shenifield, Dave Boehm (manager)

Story: They only had black, but since I wanted WRB, they found one which was to be delivered at the end of the month to a dealer in Indiana. They then sent out a flat bed truck to bring the car to Toledo so I didn't have to make the drive. And, they gave me 2% below MSRP
lionbacker54 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lionbacker54 For This Useful Post:
Deslock (05-23-2013)
Old 05-23-2013, 05:26 AM   #58
AR35

Drives: none
Anyone know about Subaru of Jacksonville
AR35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:34 AM   #59
Zgrinch

Drives: 2013 Limited DGM BRZ
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR35 View Post
Anyone know about Subaru of Jacksonville
They are awesome!

While I purchased my car in Tampa on a mini group buy when it was first released, I live out towards the beach so these guys have serviced my car ever since my purchase. They have done several TSB's, other maintenance items, and have done great work.

The parts manager is a member here and is a super great guy. Had a chance to go Autox for the first time ever and he was a big help in showing a noob the ropes.

Great dealership.

BRZGrincherhood
Zgrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:53 AM   #60
AR35

Drives: none
Great! I plan on buying my BRZ from them as soon as they get what i want.
AR35 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AR35 For This Useful Post:
Zgrinch (05-23-2013)
Old 05-23-2013, 09:10 AM   #61
zc06_kisstherain

Drives: SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
NJ - World Subaru Tinfalls NJ
Salesman: Girsh Berman

Service: N/A

Story:
this is my first time buying Subaru Vehicle. I visited 5-6 dealerships and 4 of them are being ass. one general at Lynnes Dealership, Bloomfield gave me this attitude "you have money to buy this car?" also sales lied when we were on the phone that price can be negotiated but when i arrived there, it wanst. anyway, back to my positive review for World Subaru located in Tinfalls NJ. it took me an hour to get there from my home but it was pleasure meeting with Girsh, sales consultant.
he got me on first spot and i couldnt walk out when he offered pricing i cannot avoid. i already knew he would tear that offer into thousands of peices if i say "i will come back" i lost battle to this guy but it's in a good way. I pre-ordered SWP since there wasnt any stock in July. he gave me frequently updates on status of order and i received a car in January 2013. by that time, i signed up 3rd party extended warranty and heard bad things about them and dealers give customers hard time cancelling it but this dealer gave me refund as soon as processing time finished!.
I will go back and buy any subaru vehicle at World Subaru and recommand to friends as well.
zc06_kisstherain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zc06_kisstherain For This Useful Post:
Deslock (05-25-2013)
Old 05-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #62
theenglishmidget

Drives: 2004 WRB STi | 2013 GBS BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quirk Subaru

MA - Braintree - Quirk - Sales

Sales: Corey Kononchuk
Story: Pleasant to deal with. Not pushy at all. Knows his stuff. Put up with me constantly badgering him for details on arrival date. Def recommend heading to speak to him if you wanna buy a brz. Hes active on this forum aswell. @Turbowned

2013 BRZ | 2004 WRX STi
theenglishmidget is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to theenglishmidget For This Useful Post:
Deslock (05-25-2013)
Old 05-24-2013, 12:18 PM   #63
MrMista

Drives: 2013 BRZ, Satin White Pearl, MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNAPoPo View Post
CO - Auroura - ShortlineSubaru - Sales

Sales: Marcus Moore
Story: Marcus picked me up at the airport, and gave me a phenomenal price on my limited brz + 1b package + chrome fuel door, roughly $1100 under invoice.
I had a good experience with Shortline Subarau as well. I wasn't picked up at the airport, that would have been nice! I worked with Sam Minick, really nice guy.
MrMista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:53 PM   #64
Gary in NJ

Drives: WR Blue BRZ, 240Z
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
PA - Stroudsburg - Ertle Subaru - Sales

Sales: Yianni Korovesis
Story: I've purchased over 15 new cars over the years. I have NEVER had a better experience then dealing with Ertle Subaru. First off my salesmen, Yianni Korovesis, was a complete pleasure to deal with. He is a young man (19 years old) that is a fellow car enthusiast (he owns a modified STi) that knows cars, and how "car-guys" think. Everyone I came in contact with at the dealership were equally as cool; from the F&I Manager to the other sales guys who just stopped by to talk cars while I waited. This was a no-haggle/no-hassle transaction. No pressure for up charges or anything. Buying a refrigerator is more of a hassle. They have my business from here on in. I drove 45 minutes to do business with Yianni and would encourage you to do the same.

Last edited by Gary in NJ; 05-24-2013 at 01:09 PM.
Gary in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gary in NJ For This Useful Post:
Deslock (05-25-2013)
Old 05-24-2013, 11:27 PM   #65
s0sl0w
Proud of Boxer

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I wanted to add the dealer I bought my car from to the list.

Lancaster County Motors, East Petersburg PA, Salesman Jonathan Furukawa.

Talked to him back in February at the Harrisburg Auto Show, told him about being interested in the BRZ and that I was saving for a '14, but that I wanted to test drive one before placing an order. A month ater I called him up and he let me test drive one they had being fully aware I had no intention of ordering one until June. Fast forward to May and I couldn't take the wait any longer, was perusing their website and saw a DGM Limited manual (exactly what I wanted) listed at MSRP with a "Call for Price". Bear in mind I live 30 miles away from the dealership.

So I called and left him a message, he called the next morning and gave me a straight up price immediately (1,300 off MSRP) checked on the details I was interested in and guaranteed me that price for a week and a half. The best part was how he/they handled my trade. I emailed him the VIN and details of the my car and everything I'd done to it. after a phone call to clarify some details they came back with a number that was very close to payoff and $1k better than any other dealer had offered, SIGHT UNSEEN. This of course had me worried that they might bait and switch me when they saw the car (my car was very clean but you never know..) and try to lowball me.

Instead when I arrived late in the evening Jonathan took one look at the car commented on how clean it was and when I asked for an extra few hundred for the difference in trade-in offer and payoff he gave it to me without a moments hesitation.

Jonathan also got me set up a while later with the dealer computer to set up the configurable options and touched up a paint chip on the inside of the driver door.

C/N: Great sales guy put up with my difficult ass, gave me a fair value on my trade, sight unseen, and didn't pull any bullshit games when it came time to sigh papers.
s0sl0w is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to s0sl0w For This Useful Post:
Deslock (05-25-2013)
Old 05-25-2013, 12:10 AM   #66
ragnarok

Drives: 240sx
This is a great thread, thank you everyone for your input!
ragnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:58 AM   #67
Lokki

Drives: 2013 BRZ, Galaxy Blue, Manual trans
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Exceptional Dealer experience Annapolis Subaru

I am not sure if this is the correct forum for this. I did not see a forum directly related to “Exceptional Dealer experiences” so I posted this here. Please let me know if I need to repost it to another area.

Please understand that I am not affiliated with this dealership or any of the staff in any way.

On August 19th I took ownership of My GBS BRZ Limited from Annapolis Subaru. I had an amazing time in the process. The salespeople at this dealership knew all of the details on this car, enough to impress me and my gear-headed brain. A couple peeps on their staff have highly modded cars of their own and clearly appreciate the potential of the BRZ.

There were a few difficulties starting out. The car I originally wanted was the Galaxy Blue Silica, but there were none available so I ordered the black one.

The black was scheduled to arrive at the Port of Baltimore about 1 week from my order date but was delayed. This caused a little confusion and stress. I know of so many people that have had horrible experiences with dealers and their lying and bait and switch. I was very afraid that this was the case with my car.

I was pleasantly surprised to find out that this was not the case with Annapolis Subaru and their staff! They kept us routinely informed about the location and progress of my car. They typically spoke to us at least 2-3 times a day with a status and location, or simply to calm our fears. During this confusion the dealer went above and beyond the norm and shopped around for other cars. They discovered that there was a Galaxy Blue Silica available at another dealer in VA and notified me! We arranged for a dealer transfer and I got my original preference! They didn't have to do this, they could have just waited until the black arrived, which it did the day after the Blue was located. By the time the whole process was complete the dealer wound up with two extra Black BRZ's on their lot because they were trying to accommodate my needs. They took me and my concerns seriously and I am able to clearly state that this dealer was AMAZING.

At the delivery, I was introduced to all of the staff, walked around the garage and introduced to the mechanics and parts managers that will be responsible for the maintenance on my car. I was very surprised to find out that the dealership has a Speed Shop on site with a rep who is very knowledgeable about Subaru specific performance Mods.

We then went upstairs to the salespersons area where he spent over an hour going over in explicit detail the features of my car. We went over the maintenance agreement and then went outside to my car where he set up my blue tooth and radio, and showed me how to make any adjustments to the settings. Overall he spent about 2-3 hours with me!

Again I am not in anyway affiliated with Annapolis Subaru but My spouse and I always try to promote any businesses that we feel go above and beyond what is expected. If anyone in the Baltimore Annapolis area ever needs an HVAC system or Privacy fence we also can highly recommend businesses that excel in those items as well

Lokki
Lokki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:33 PM   #68
DoomsdayJesus
In Autobahn withdrawl

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited Man., WRB
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
WA - Olympia - Hanson - Sales

Sales: Lorelai

Story: I used USAA and Costco car buying service. I was dealing with Peninsula Subaru in Bremerton at first, but the guy I was talking to there, DJ, said they had a WRB on the lot, which was false. When I went to Hanson to get a quote from them (I wanted to see who'd give me the best trade-in on my 330Ci as well), they said they'd beat the trade-in value and their city tax rate was lower than Peninsula (it was a negligible difference, but still). They took a day to have the car transported from another dealer, but were above-board with me about it. They got me the options I wanted, I had to eat a few port-installed ones I didn't, but in the end I got out with a $5500 trade-in and a car a fart above invoice. The only thing that ticked me off was that they factored the tax rebate on my trade-in as part of the $5500 instead of tacking it on to the $5500, which was pretty shady.

Seriously though, use internet pricing. There is no reason for haggling anymore. Ever.
DoomsdayJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoomsdayJesus For This Useful Post:
Deslock (09-17-2013)
Old 09-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #69
Ralph Spoilsport

Drives: 2013 BRZ, WRB
Manchester Subaru, Manchester NH.

Gary Smith, sales.

Gary is well known on Nasioc, no real news here. He's an STi driver (at least, last I checked) so basically one of us.

Price & trade in valuation were where I needed to be and service was exceptional. Car was delivered waxed, rainx-ed, debadged and un-drilled without me even having to ask. Gary tells me that in recon that's known as the "Gary Special"
Ralph Spoilsport is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ralph Spoilsport For This Useful Post:
Deslock (09-17-2013)
Old 09-16-2013, 12:13 PM   #70
zenfamily
Fixed, but slightly bent

Drives: 13 Red BRZ, 05 Big Winged ABP LGT
Perry Subaru, Virginia Beach, VA - service.

I went in with condensation in the passenger side tail light. They checked for issues with the driver side as well (they actually recommended to check it), and replaced both with great eagerness.
zenfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zenfamily For This Useful Post:
Deslock (09-17-2013)