follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 01:16 PM   #113
drifter

Drives: truck and old car
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Michael, if these numbers are true, then perhaps you can take all this skeptism as a huge compliment, meaning, you have accomplished something that is impossible for others to believe.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:19 PM   #114
fsevofq400

Drives: Coming - ZC6 MT, SWP Limited
Just to be clear, so right now we're seeing a 40whp gain on a mustang dyno from a full exhaust system with no tune. I think we can safely say it'll break 200whp with a tune.

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the header really made a big difference. If it was just the headerback (midpipe+catback), I'd expecting it would only be only about a 10whp gain.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:22 PM   #115
fsevofq400

Drives: Coming - ZC6 MT, SWP Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZWood View Post
I stopped by the shop and talked to Michael @ vivid for about an hour, he is very knowledgable, and honest. The car had 855 miles on it and with the I/h/e it sounded amazing. I'm not a huge fan of the burned tips in general, but they looked great on the blue car. I have no doubt these numbers are legit. It idled quietly and had a nice deep tone at revs. This system will find its way to my car within a couple weeks.
So you got to hear it in person? lucky!
question: did it have the rasp I hear in the video on the first page? That's about the only thing that would prevent me from buying this. Really want to know how it sounds like in person
Old 07-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #116
clayrush

Drives: FRS,09 370z, 00 CelicaGT-S, 85 300Z
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I'll put up a dyno from my shop. But it's gonna be about a month before I can order it.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:27 PM   #117
blu_

Drives: SWP BRZ LTD
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don@Accelerated View Post
Is Agency Power Vivid Racing?
As far as I know it is the same company, which is just another reason to not believe anything these guys claim. This company has the worst track record that I know of in the import tuner business.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:31 PM   #118
blu_

Quote:
When the 2006 WRX came out people did the same thing. How can a WRX stock make almost as much as a STi.. NEVER... lol You all asked for me to post up dyno stuff and I did.
Quote:
I'm not about to put something up that can not be backed up. I will say results will vary, Each car is broke in different, runs different and so on. You guys forget, Its not a Toyota motor. Its a Subaru. You can get these types of gains just off a tune on some Subaru's. And this motor runs very well. We were all surprised at the high number.

These quotes alone show me he is just trying to take money from ignorant kids. I mean come on.... comparing turbo cars with this?
Old 07-20-2012, 01:32 PM   #119
SkullWorks
Banned

Drives: SSM LT MT BRZ
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Lot's of haters in here.

I have several Base BRz/FRs dyno plots on the Dyno Down at SRMotorcars,

First guy in SoCal with the AP full header back exhaust get in contact with me VIA PM and we can back up this claim so the haterade can quit flowing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SkullWorks For This Useful Post:
Lee358 (07-20-2012), Sall (07-20-2012)
Old 07-20-2012, 01:33 PM   #120
EZWood
BAMF

Drives: 13 fr-s, whiteout, MT. 94 ZJ
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsevofq400 View Post
So you got to hear it in person? lucky!
question: did it have the rasp I hear in the video on the first page? That's about the only thing that would prevent me from buying this. Really want to know how it sounds like in person
There wasn't any rasp. When I heard it there was no load, it was just a free rev. The video doesn't do any justice for the sound. The only exhaust I've heard that can compare to this is the auto car exhaust in the exhaust sticky. Seriously the only way to really appreciate the tone is to hear it in person. I'm gonna try to make it down to vivid soon to see if I can arrange for a ride around the block and make an assessment on power difference with my butt Dyno.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:37 PM   #121
drifter

Drives: truck and old car
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu_ View Post
As far as I know it is the same company, which is just another reason to not believe anything these guys claim. This company has the worst track record that I know of in the import tuner business.
I guess it is the same company. Interesting reviews on YELP regarding this company, both good and bad. Neg reviews seem to be centered on customer service as opposed to the actual product.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/vivid-racing-gilbert
The Following User Says Thank You to drifter For This Useful Post:
blu_ (07-20-2012)
Old 07-20-2012, 01:53 PM   #122
Sall
Sallbaru

Drives: raven FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullWorks View Post
Lot's of haters in here.

I have several Base BRz/FRs dyno plots on the Dyno Down at SRMotorcars,

First guy in SoCal with the AP full header back exhaust get in contact with me VIA PM and we can back up this claim so the haterade can quit flowing.
i think thats gonna be me mike ...
The Following User Says Thank You to Sall For This Useful Post:
SkullWorks (07-20-2012)
Old 07-20-2012, 01:55 PM   #123
vividracing

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Thanked 1,065 Times in 617 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Quote:
These quotes alone show me he is just trying to take money from ignorant kids. I mean come on.... comparing turbo cars with this?
Really? What does turbo car have to do with NA? When the WRX came out. Everyone said it could not make power like a STi. Few places did and then everyone burned them at the stick for it. Then over a short time it came out that Subaru under rated the power of the car and the rest is history. And a bunch of haters stood with their foot square in their mouths.

I see what you are trying to do and really its very old. Maybe time to move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter View Post
I guess it is the same company. Intere
sting reviews on YELP regarding this company, both good and bad. Neg reviews seem to be centered on customer service as opposed to the actual product.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/vivid-racing-gilbert
Yelp is Yelp.... Take it for what it is. I'm pretty straight forward in this.

We have had a change over in people. Those people are gone and well I am here as well as other good staff in the office. I have come from the Subaru world myself. I am doing everything I can to make things better and build a future. But really some people just have to let go and move on. Vivid has been around longer then most shops out today. You have to do something right to keep the doors open.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:07 PM   #124
blu_

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividracing View Post
Really? What does turbo car have to do with NA? When the WRX came out. Everyone said it could not make power like a STi. Few places did and then everyone burned them at the stick for it. Then over a short time it came out that Subaru under rated the power of the car and the rest is history. And a bunch of haters stood with their foot square in their mouths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vividracing View Post
I'm not about to put something up that can not be backed up. I will say results will vary, Each car is broke in different, runs different and so on. You guys forget, Its not a Toyota motor. Its a Subaru. You can get these types of gains just off a tune on some Subaru's. And this motor runs very well. We were all surprised at the high number.
The problem with your statement is bolded above. You can't compare tuning turbo'd cars like the WRX to tuning NA cars. You are just making ignorant people think they can expect to something that they can not.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:09 PM   #125
97gst

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Dyno back to back, exhaust vs open dump.

No exhaust makes power, they only lose more less than others.

Exhaust looks nice, but in the end it's a shiny hollow tube. There is no magic here to "make" the kind of power being claimed.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:13 PM   #126
Synack
Boosted

Drives: Sideways
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97gst View Post
Dyno back to back, exhaust vs open dump.

No exhaust makes power, they only lose more less than others.

Exhaust looks nice, but in the end it's a shiny hollow tube. There is no magic here to "make" the kind of power being claimed.
Exactly, I personally don't care what exhaust I end up with as long as it sounds good and is 70mm (~2.75in).

Closed Thread