follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 03-06-2014, 04:09 PM   #1
GOT FR-S

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S (Firestorm)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
P3 Guage - Extra Sensor Install help

I usually try to search the forums before I post anything. However, my searches have resulted with nothing for the extra sensors.

Can someone send me a link to this topic if I am wrong please.

I have the P3 gauge with 2 extra sensors. One is for oil pressure and not sure if I should use one for Oil temp as I am sure we have a oem sensor that the P3 reads from already or any recommendations?.

Its possible I am mentally challenged. lol. But I dont fully understand how I am to install these sensors. I have the Vortech V2 Kit and the way the fittings look I dont understand how they would fit in. I checked the P3 site also and no metion of it. And theres no instructions.

Any help appreciated!
Vortech SC. Rev Work Header, Perrin over pipe, Invidia resonated top pipe, Greddy EVO3 exhaust, Perrin Light weight crank pulley, Gofast bits lightweight waterpump & alternator pulleys, Perrin Trans & Shifter mount, MTec Shift springs. Cusco rear diff brace, 1pc Alum Drive Shaft (Drive Shaft Shop), ATC performance clutch & Flywheel, Whiteline Positive traction bushings. Grimspeed hood struts. EcuTek Tune.

Last edited by GOT FR-S; 03-06-2014 at 04:31 PM.
GOT FR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:10 PM   #2
Bigmaxy

Drives: Pegasus GTS86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hey mate. Prob best to post this in the p3cars thread but still.
My one reads oil temp natively. Not need to an extra sensor for that.

In order to read oil pressure you would need to use a sensor that outputs between 0-5v and utilise one of the analogue inputs on the p3 gauge. You would then setup the input in the gauge with what the reading would be at 0v and what it would be at 5v and how many decimal places you was. The gauge takes care of the rest.

Good luck.
Bigmaxy is offline   Reply With Quote