follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 06-27-2012, 07:30 PM   #211
My1FastFRS

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine Scion FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by luscious View Post
The panels on the outside of the center console where it meets my knees..to harsh! I wish we had the padded ones that the GT86 got I am going to have to look into doing something about this myself!
Omg this x1000, I try to rest my knee there and man it hurts. I think I may try to find some black memory foam and try to stick it on there. Maybe anyways, don't want to mess the side of that up with some sort of double sided tape or anything.
My1FastFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:55 PM   #212
Freakinjared

Drives: 2008 xB, 2013 FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by azian_advanced View Post
i was expecting this to be one of the main downfalls with owning an automatic. i'm surprised no one commented on this til now.
Definitely agree with this. I just faux-shift with the Stick instead now. Also makes me feel like I'm driving a real MT...haha
Freakinjared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:31 PM   #213
russv
First 86

Drives: Scion FRS Argento Automatic
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EsoBOFH View Post
Again.. check again? Mine fold down from inside... FR-S
Mine folded down on their own after a sudden stop!

Life is short...NO BORING CARS
russv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:14 AM   #214
DetroitJake

Drives: '13 FR-S 6MT / '14 Prius-C
Garage
Stupid point I know, but hey that stereo sucks man.
Not that I care right now (because I'm enjoying the sport in the car), but eventually I might like to hear my music again.
The way it sounds right now, Id be better off to just toss it and save myself a pound or two. I doubt the Bespoke option is gonna fix it. It will take at least a head unit and speakers to achieve acceptable (ideally with an amp too, but I don't want to ruin my interior to run the wires)
Horrible sound. Bass distorts easily even at flat setting.
I really wish this car had a premium stereo option (with good speakers and external amplifiers).
DetroitJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:36 AM   #215
FRSjeff

Drives: FR-S (red manual)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2 View Post
I hate that some dealers are being jackholes and charging a "market adjustment" fee.
Yes, they are not being too upfront on their bogus add ons. Yesterday, Elmore Toyota/Scion came back with $9,000 in add-ons including $3,995 for nav! Ridiculous! He said the car is being packaged that way. I laughed and walked out. Today, Penske Scion of Downy installed LoJack "on my way there" for an additional $1,700. I was disappointed and walked away. They sales guys seemed cool enough. They said it was management and they are frustrated by management pulling this crap. I don't know who to believe. I just need to continue practicing patience.
FRSjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:47 AM   #216
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Drives: Limited BRZ
Thanked 8,344 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
I found out today that with proper equalizer settings, the ipod music sounds REALLY good.

The radio not that good because sound changes by station.

Edit: Nevermind, I have a BRZ.
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:32 AM   #217
Grimlock

Drives: BRZ and NA
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZWood View Post
You shouldn't touch the shifter unless shifting, the blind spots can be taken care of with sticky round adjustable mirrors that rotate put right in the lower inside corners, and the clutch engaging at the top facilitates heel toe shifting.
How are you heel-toeing? In all of the methods I've seen you use your left foot for the clutch and the right foot for the brake and gas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
The seat belt rubs my neck a bit
Agreed. But I wear a lot of shirts with collars and it doesn't rub with those shirts on (the belt pushes against the collar).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagaliscious View Post
Well this is a bummer. The center console where the cupholder isn't adequate? I have 2 pair in my current car...
I want storage that isn't visible. I'd really like a cover for the center console. I'll ditch the cupholders as I don't drink in my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post

What's the point of the little indent between the cup holder and the shifter? Honestly I just don't know and it bugs me. It looks like an after thought, I'm sure the manual says its for coin storage or something ridiculous, but it just seems like it was meant for something else that got deleted from the design.
Heated seats in the BRZ. I wish they would have done something interesting for those of us without heated seats. It just looks cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by empower-auto View Post
Stock wheels and tires. Cheap cheap cheap...
The tires are actually expensive. They are there more for fuel economy ratings than anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khyron686 View Post

- Seat recline/memory: Have to readjust every time you use backseat.

- Seatbelt into neck: Need to lower the entry, or get a proper plastic guide. Raising seat height helps a bit but I want to be LOW.

- Storage/Sunglasses: Hopefully new center console addresses.

- Ingress/Egress: I'm a skinny guy and yet getting in and out I still scuff panels with my shoes etc.
I agree with these things. I guess my biggest complaint so far is lack of covered storage. The center console is fine, but I really want a cover for it.
Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:08 AM   #218
Rob_g

Drives: 2010 4Runner Trail
Quote:
Originally Posted by azian_advanced View Post
i was expecting this to be one of the main downfalls with owning an automatic. i'm surprised no one commented on this til now.
It's not really a downfall because you can still shift with the transmission lever by pushing it forward or backward. I love how the transmission does automatic rev matching for you!

Rob
Rob_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:12 AM   #219
Rob_g

Drives: 2010 4Runner Trail
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
How are you heel-toeing? In all of the methods I've seen you use your left foot for the clutch and the right foot for the brake and gas.

Agreed. But I wear a lot of shirts with collars and it doesn't rub with those shirts on (the belt pushes against the collar).

I want storage that isn't visible. I'd really like a cover for the center console. I'll ditch the cupholders as I don't drink in my car.

Heated seats in the BRZ. I wish they would have done something interesting for those of us without heated seats. It just looks cheap.

The tires are actually expensive. They are there more for fuel economy ratings than anything else.

I agree with these things. I guess my biggest complaint so far is lack of covered storage. The center console is fine, but I really want a cover for it.
The seats in the BRZ aren't that great. They are different, but I wouldn't say they are better. On a hot summer day, I'd rather be sitting in cloth seat than leather. In the winter, cloth doesn't need heating anyhow, only leather really does.

I do wish there was more storage space and I would love a right arm rest.

Rob
Rob_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:41 PM   #220
smbrm

Drives: Scion FRS Ht Lva(AT)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
This won't solve it for everyone, but everything I need it for uses USB for charging, so I bought a "flush" USB charging plug like this one for it that is now permanently installed. You can connect a cable to it and leave the cupholder in place.

That's just an example. I bought mine at WalMart because it came with a black iPod charging cable which I also wanted. The two together were $10, but its not rounded like the one in the example from Amazon.
I am assuming the first one here:

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/powerplu...ox=&addFacet=#

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/revive-p...cable/10045724

At Cdn Walmarts they are at least 50% more!!!
smbrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:43 PM   #221
Grimlock

Drives: BRZ and NA
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_g View Post
The seats in the BRZ aren't that great. They are different, but I wouldn't say they are better. On a hot summer day, I'd rather be sitting in cloth seat than leather. In the winter, cloth doesn't need heating anyhow, only leather really does.

I do wish there was more storage space and I would love a right arm rest.

Rob
I was referring to the blank panel in the center console where the switches for the heated seats go. I wish there were something there. I don't car for heated seats or leather seats either.
Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:10 PM   #222
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,965 Times in 11,387 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smbrm View Post
I am assuming the first one here:

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/powerplu...ox=&addFacet=#

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/revive-p...cable/10045724

At Cdn Walmarts they are at least 50% more!!!

Yes, the one I used was the first one you posted, not the retractable one.
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:53 PM   #223
fuddbutter
Potato Farmer

Drives: #SLOBRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
I hate that it comes in Auto... seriously.. its a sports car, if you are too lazy to change gears you have bought the wrong car!

Also hate i have a 4 - 6 month wait before mine arrives sad fudd.
fuddbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:03 PM   #224
tdoggy57

Drives: Asphalt Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuddbutter View Post
I hate that it comes in Auto... seriously.. its a sports car, if you are too lazy to change gears you have bought the wrong car!

Also hate i have a 4 - 6 month wait before mine arrives sad fudd.
I can still change gears in my auto just fine lol
tdoggy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tdoggy57 For This Useful Post:
AZOOZ_95 (04-19-2013), Exhaust (07-08-2012), iBRZ (11-29-2012), SPEEDGOD (08-27-2012), stalon320 (07-14-2012), VesperLynn (04-16-2013)

Tags
ha ha!, hate, playerhatersball, potatopants