follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires.

User Tag List

Old 07-14-2019, 07:14 PM   #1
Geex

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Spacers, studs, and lugnuts

Hey guys,

Currently running 18x9.5 et38 wheels, I purchased 3mm slip on spacers for the rear.

I've been reading around the forum that 3mm was the max on stock studs, i'm also still on stock lug nuts is this going to be a problem ? Will I have proper thread engagement ? Just want to be 100% positive.

Thanks.
Geex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 12:18 PM   #2
Vital

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geex View Post
Hey guys,

Currently running 18x9.5 et38 wheels, I purchased 3mm slip on spacers for the rear.

I've been reading around the forum that 3mm was the max on stock studs, i'm also still on stock lug nuts is this going to be a problem ? Will I have proper thread engagement ? Just want to be 100% positive.

Thanks.
i highly doubt you're going to need a 3mm spacer for the rears to fit, it should fit without the spacers. It might actually be a good idea to use a 3mm spacer up front because thats where you might rub. You can actually use stock lug nuts on wheels as our stock lug nuts are already 60 degree conical shaped. Also, are you on stock suspension and what tire size are you using?
Vital is offline   Reply With Quote