follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 05-30-2018, 07:44 PM   #8177
Kenny_LongWrench
Tacticool_BRZ

Drives: ZC6 - AW11
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockysnail View Post
Do you have a link to the Ram 5.7 pulley? You only replaced the idler with the Ram 5.7?
I'm using a Gates K061010 belt and a Gates 38018 Pulley. The rest are OEM.
Kenny_LongWrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 05:45 PM   #8178
BR-ZED

Drives: 2014 WRB BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
So Sprintex keeps offering rebates on this... last month it was a $1k rebate and now (for the next 3 days) it is a $1500 rebate.

I would get the 210 SPS, but I find that
1. I really would like the 335, but can't drop $10k to build the engine right now. Might decide to do that later...
2. The dyno comparison thread clearly shows that the Sprintex kit is great on the low end, but after about 4,000 RPMs the other kits like the Jackson Racing really out perform it.

Convince me one way or the other? Those who have chosen sprintex, any regrets about not going with another SC kit?
BR-ZED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 12:01 AM   #8179
86TOYO2k17

Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Thanked 1,188 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR-ZED View Post
So Sprintex keeps offering rebates on this... last month it was a $1k rebate and now (for the next 3 days) it is a $1500 rebate.

I would get the 210 SPS, but I find that
1. I really would like the 335, but can't drop $10k to build the engine right now. Might decide to do that later...
2. The dyno comparison thread clearly shows that the Sprintex kit is great on the low end, but after about 4,000 RPMs the other kits like the Jackson Racing really out perform it.

Convince me one way or the other? Those who have chosen sprintex, any regrets about not going with another SC kit?
I am not an FI expert so hopefully others will chyme in to. But a few things

I read the 335 is too big of a blower to use for low boost, meaning you need a built engine or it will be very inefficient running low boost.

Also most of the dynos/dyno comparisons I see the 210 is on 7-9psi where as the other chargers are 9+, or ppl are on diff octane 91 vs 93 or cats vs no cats etc... not a 1 to 1 comparison.

I would not be surprised if both running 8psi same octane if the sprintex ideal ifficiency was in that 7-9 range resulting in having the least parasitic loss to spin the blower meaning more max power and/or possibly having the power sooner meaning more power through out the powerband.

I am sure someone may have the data/physics to back up or dispute these claims. But I think you are basically supposed to pick the smallest blower that can still handle the max boost you want to run and maintain it till redline. And for non built engines over 8psi is playing with Fire.

I am basically in same boat as you deciding between sprintex 210 vs Edelbrock, Harrop, or possibly JRSC but I only want to run 7-8psi myself. So leaning towards sprintex.
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 86TOYO2k17 For This Useful Post:
BR-ZED (06-17-2018)
Old 06-21-2018, 08:32 AM   #8180
revaholic

Drives: 2016 Ablaze Scion FR-S
Wondering if anyone else experiences this - sometimes when I am Rev match downshifting (car in motion, clutch in), a clicking sound comes from the drivetrain somewhere and the revs don’t go up as much as I expect, like a slight hesitation. It only occurs occasionally and can’t replicate at all in neutral. Does anyone know why this might be? Supercharger runs fine otherwise, no driveability issues. On stock exhaust if that matters
revaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 04:33 PM   #8181
ajcarson11

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited (Black)
Quote:
Originally Posted by revaholic View Post
Wondering if anyone else experiences this - sometimes when I am Rev match downshifting (car in motion, clutch in), a clicking sound comes from the drivetrain somewhere and the revs don’t go up as much as I expect, like a slight hesitation. It only occurs occasionally and can’t replicate at all in neutral. Does anyone know why this might be? Supercharger runs fine otherwise, no driveability issues. On stock exhaust if that matters

VERY interesting that you mention this -- I just recently went back to stock exhaust (except for UEL catless header) and I have this same thing happen. I've always assumed the downshift spike in the revs was causing the engine to move within the mounts, and thus the exhaust was clanking against something real quick. Curious if we find out otherwise...
ajcarson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 08:18 PM   #8182
revaholic

Interesting indeed...I wonder if it has to do with the stock exhaust being restrictive somewhere down th line. Do you definitely feel the occasional slight hesitation in the revs rising when you are rev matching? I was thinking maybe this happens with everyone but most people have aftermarket exhausts with this kit and maybe just don’t hear the little click, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajcarson11 View Post
VERY interesting that you mention this -- I just recently went back to stock exhaust (except for UEL catless header) and I have this same thing happen. I've always assumed the downshift spike in the revs was causing the engine to move within the mounts, and thus the exhaust was clanking against something real quick. Curious if we find out otherwise...
Old 06-21-2018, 08:24 PM   #8183
ajcarson11

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited (Black)
Quote:
Originally Posted by revaholic View Post
Interesting indeed...I wonder if it has to do with the stock exhaust being restrictive somewhere down th line. Do you definitely feel the occasional slight hesitation in the revs rising when you are rev matching? I was thinking maybe this happens with everyone but most people have aftermarket exhausts with this kit and maybe just don’t hear the little click, lol.
Yep -- Sometimes on my throttle blip for my downshift I push the pedal down pretty far but I end up with the 'cleank' noise and the revs hardly rise at all (almost like pushing the pedal with the car off) -- I can't control when this happens, so when I instinctively let out the clutch right as it happens the revs aren't matched and it pulls the rpm up pretty strongly.
ajcarson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 12:31 AM   #8184
revaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajcarson11 View Post
Yep -- Sometimes on my throttle blip for my downshift I push the pedal down pretty far but I end up with the 'cleank' noise and the revs hardly rise at all (almost like pushing the pedal with the car off) -- I can't control when this happens, so when I instinctively let out the clutch right as it happens the revs aren't matched and it pulls the rpm up pretty strongly.

I've noticed that there isn't an issue if I 'squeeze' the gas pedal on the downshifts rather than stabbing it. This behaviour you're describing sounds exactly like what I'm experiencing but it only happens if I quickly stab the gas.
Old 06-30-2018, 05:46 PM   #8185
trackrat.e30

Drives: 2017 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by J1Avs View Post
Any fitment issues on your 2017? I have a 2018 tS, and the Sprintex 210 w/o intercooler is the running contender right now. Looking for something simple and safe, for just a bit more power without putting too much strain on the motor. It's my DD (when I do actually have to drive to work), and will likely AutoX it like 2-3 times per season.

If anyone else has any insight, please feel free to chime in?

Thanks!
No fitment issues for me. 2017 toyota 86. Had to grind down a small part of the alternator, but that is something you already have to do with all of them. From what I understand, most of the other kits don't fit the 2017+. Glad I went sprintex!! Just be careful if you get an oil cooler, the 2017 stock airbox is bigger and will interfere with the lines at the oil filter. This is also my daily driver. That is why I chose the Sprintex kit. I had it tuned by Delicious, they are great!
trackrat.e30 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trackrat.e30 For This Useful Post:
J1Avs (06-30-2018), riboyster (07-05-2018)
Old 06-30-2018, 07:53 PM   #8186
J1Avs

Drives: 2018 BRZ tS
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackrat.e30 View Post
No fitment issues for me. 2017 toyota 86. Had to grind down a small part of the alternator, but that is something you already have to do with all of them. From what I understand, most of the other kits don't fit the 2017+. Glad I went sprintex!! Just be careful if you get an oil cooler, the 2017 stock airbox is bigger and will interfere with the lines at the oil filter. This is also my daily driver. That is why I chose the Sprintex kit. I had it tuned by Delicious, they are great!
Did you go intercooled or non-intercooled? Have you noticed any rubbing from from the pulley/belt on the hood? Someone mentioned that as an issue. From the research I’ve done, the JRSC and Cosworth work, but also are both much more expensive!
J1Avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 09:42 PM   #8187
trackrat.e30

Drives: 2017 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by J1Avs View Post
Did you go intercooled or non-intercooled? Have you noticed any rubbing from from the pulley/belt on the hood? Someone mentioned that as an issue. From the research I’ve done, the JRSC and Cosworth work, but also are both much more expensive!
I removed the insulation on the inside of the hood and haven't had any issues. I have the intercooled version. Totally worth it.
trackrat.e30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 03:41 PM   #8188
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,682 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to pop in and let all of you know that Phase 10 RaceROM is finally here for all model years and all regions of the world (Not just the initial 2013-2014 and 2017-2018 release), from 2013-2018 models on USDM, European, Asian, JDM (Yes it's different), and Gulf spec ECU's. Our entire tune library has been updated to accommodate the new software, and we are now rolling out these tunes to new and existing customers. A lot of our customers running Innovate/Sprintex kits have been asking about this update, so I wanted you all to be among the first to know that our Delicious tunes are all built up and vetted out for the new software.

The latest version is denoted as V25.00. Though RaceROM 10 is really a complete and utter overhaul of the way we do tuning on these cars, some of the more important changes are as follows:

- Improved tip in throttle response throughout entire rev range
- Completely overhauled closed loop correction outside of factory closed loop scenarios
- Completely overhauled Flex Fuel implementation. Ethanol content, ethanol ignition advance, and more are now all dedicated parameters in EcuTek. The way Flex Fuel is programmed is also far superior in RaceROM 10, and allows much tighter integration into the tune. What this means for the end user is a smoother transition between fuel types, and a smoother ramp in power delivery as ethanol content increases or decreases.
- Dedicated custom map to warn you when your AVCS system has failed to activate in a timely manner, letting you know before you push the car and risk potential damage.
- Vastly improved control over fueling in medium to full load areas.
- Improved transition from low load MAF calculation to high load VE calculation.
- Improved drivability.
- Addressed a particular bug where some vehicles would experience a hesitation in high gear, partial (20-40%) throttle pulls. This was typically experienced when trying to pass on the highway, for example.

If you have any questions about this update, feel free to contact me via email at sales@delicioustuning.com.com. This update takes what is already a great supercharger kit, and improves it more than we previously thought possible.
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
chaoskaze (10-08-2018), Kenny_LongWrench (07-06-2018), riboyster (07-05-2018), sato (07-06-2018)
Old 07-05-2018, 05:00 PM   #8189
riboyster

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Thanks zach!
Old 07-17-2018, 11:12 AM   #8190
max20s14

Drives: 14' Raven M/T - 02' is300
Is this kit still available? FT86SpeedFacyory has it labeled as discontinued and CSG has it labeled as backordered
max20s14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2 whp better than n/a e85, 2 whp? you're an idiot., 2screwsbetterthan0screw, 65 whp better than na e85, bspt fittings ftl, hate u all me no have sc, im just here for the tags, inorite!, it's no turbo but, only big numbers matter, screwyou, whine sexier than turbo, whines_more_than_your_gf, wts grey market butthurt.