follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 06-12-2018, 03:32 PM   #85
Side

Drives: 2018 BRZ tS
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcm47 View Post
Who daily drives their tS and how many miles daily?

Around 140 miles daily for me
140 miles per day? I just barely crossed 1400 miles total.
Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 11:00 PM   #86
rcm47

Drives: 13’ FRS (traded), 18’ CWP BRZ tS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Side View Post
140 miles per day? I just barely crossed 1400 miles total.
I passed 2000 miles today. Bought it back in April. I drive 140 miles a day when I’m home in California which is only about half the year so it’s not as bad as it sounds. Haha
rcm47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 11:20 AM   #87
JeremyR

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
WOW that's a lot of miles you guys commute! I'd go crazy if I had to drive that much everyday

REALMS BRZ Build Thread
HKS|Parts Shop MAX|Battle Version|ADVAN|Beatrush
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 06:19 AM   #88
J1Avs

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Anyone running the STi Short Shifter w/ their tS? I'm actually surprised this didn't come with it from the factory, but I'm thinking it might be a worthy investment. Thoughts??
J1Avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 11:16 AM   #89
Elliotw

Drives: '18 BRZ tS, '18 GTI SE, '11 RS
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by J1Avs View Post
Anyone running the STi Short Shifter w/ their tS? I'm actually surprised this didn't come with it from the factory, but I'm thinking it might be a worthy investment. Thoughts??
I have it. Makes the shifts a little shorter. IMO not worth it. BRZ has such a great Manual.
Elliotw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Elliotw For This Useful Post:
Adam_L (07-02-2018)
Old 07-03-2018, 10:19 AM   #90
yurikaze

Drives: 2018 BRZ tS (CBS), AE86 GT-S, MA70
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
@Veloist , is it almost time for a tS VIN list? ��
yurikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yurikaze For This Useful Post:
Side (07-03-2018)
Old 07-03-2018, 12:37 PM   #91
firekat

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ tS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Mine came with the STI Short Throw Shifter as a listed option. I just assumed that since it was the tS model it was one of those pieces of optional equipment that is installed on all the tS cars.

Guess not.
firekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 04:00 PM   #92
Swabodda
Magnificent Bastard

Drives: '18 WRB BRZ tS 15/500 - 2013 Tundra
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
[1) Roger
2) 0053
3) World Rally Blue
4) Texas

5) Hey everyone! I'd been really interested in a BRZ or 86 since last year and when I heard about the tS I instantly fell in love. I went and sat in one in early April just to see if I'd like the fit. Of course I did, and my mind was pretty much set that I would be buying a tS. Before that visit to the dealership I was leaning towards one in white but the one I sat in was World Rally Blue and it was perfect in person. That was the color for me!

Fast forward a few months and I'd finished paying off my Truck and the wife's SUV and it was getting closer to being time for the weekend car. I'd seen some posts on some other threads about how much people were paying for their tS's and decided I wanted to see what I could really get one for in my area. Being an idiot, I somehow thought that the easiest way to do that would be to use TrueCar. This was Wednesday of last week sometime during lunch. I found out very quickly that I would soon be inundated with offers from dealers all over the city. One dealer in particular took the time to call me, ask me if I'd be willing to buy one if I got the right price (all of them were still at MSRP or above all over town) and if I would do so before the end of the month, which was Saturday. I knew what I'd be willing to pay so I told him to see what he could do, but that it had to be in WRB. He called back with a price I liked and had the car brought over from a sister dealership. Little did I know it was the same one I sat in some months back! Long story short, I secured financing on Thursday, took a sick day to buy the car on Friday and left the car at the dealership until Wednesday because we were headed to Orlando Friday night and my garage was full of junk. I cleaned out the garage on Tuesday and picked up the car just yesterday. Funny thing is that I had to have a friend drive it home for me as I have never driven a manual before. I've got some learning to do, but I haven't stalled it yet!

At any rate, she'll be garage kept, driven 2 - 3 days per week. I don't plan on going beyond header, exhaust, a tune and maybe going e85. I have no desire for FI.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Swabodda; 07-20-2018 at 10:04 AM.
Swabodda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Swabodda For This Useful Post:
Elliotw (07-05-2018), Side (07-05-2018)
Old 07-06-2018, 10:36 PM   #93
Swabodda
Magnificent Bastard

Drives: '18 WRB BRZ tS 15/500 - 2013 Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veloist View Post
Possibly next month since there are still about 15 cars that don't have VINs yet.
@Veloist- Were you able to compile the list yet? I'm also debating getting some personalized plates. Apologies if you posted it and I missed it.
Swabodda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 01:05 PM   #94
BryanE

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcm47 View Post
Who daily drives their tS and how many miles daily?

Around 140 miles daily for me
I do about 50 miles daily just to and from work. About to hit the 2k mile mark since owning it May 5th with only 5 on it.
BryanE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:56 PM   #95
Veloist

Drives: ‘93 MR2, ‘22 GR86, ‘23 GR Corolla
Thanked 1,713 Times in 668 Posts
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yurikaze View Post
@Veloist , is it almost time for a tS VIN list? ��
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swabodda View Post
@Veloist- Were you able to compile the list yet? I'm also debating getting some personalized plates. Apologies if you posted it and I missed it.
I'm working on it but it will take a while since I'm approaching it differently. What I usually do is just cherry-pick the special edition cars when I look up each VIN, but this time I'm recording what each VIN is and then will filter out the tS's.

There's one tS out there that is throwing me off because it doesn't have a VIN yet, and I'm not sure if it'll be a VIN after the sequence or within the sequence of tS's, because right now every tS seems to be less than #J9601000.

Also an update on the availability:

World Rally Blue = 87 available
Crystal Black Silica = 42 available
Crystal White Pearl = 64 available
Old 07-11-2018, 03:15 PM   #96
Chikna

Drives: 2018 BRZ TS 244/500
Quote:
I picked up yesterday, and the sticker has the following:

Standard Option: 03
STI Short Throw Shifter
Interior Illumination Red ???
Rear Bumper Applique
Cargo Tray

To be honest you, I didn't like the short throw shifter at all. Regular is better like from first to neutral and second bit longer is worth and come on it's a manual.
Chikna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 03:30 PM   #97
yurikaze

Drives: 2018 BRZ tS (CBS), AE86 GT-S, MA70
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veloist View Post

There's one tS out there that is throwing me off because it doesn't have a VIN yet, and I'm not sure if it'll be a VIN after the sequence or within the sequence of tS's, because right now every tS seems to be less than #J9601000.
Santa Monica has a few in the 900's, that's the highest I've seen.
yurikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 12:07 PM   #98
C1Y3R

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ ts
1. Chris

2. 0205

3. Crystal White Pearl

4. Connecticut

5. A few years back i spun a bearing on my 2012 wrb wrx hatch. It was stage 2, on coils and rs05rr's, with a nice loud pur from the tomei exhaust, it was perfect and I had planned on keeping it for a long time. In the end I rebuilt it and traded it toward a new 2016 golf r. The R was easily the best daily I've owned, the interior was leagues ahead of my wrx and with the at the time new carplay feature I was sold. I didnt want a sti with the same ej motor but wanted awd with a 6 speed so it really was my only option. The R was a missile, ate up turns, rocketed down highways, it was perfect power wise but in the end just lacked character and soul.

For these reasons after a year of owning it I was already looking for something else. When the 2017 refresh came out I was very interested but living in New England the winter part kept me away having never owned a rwd car. Anyways, about a month ago now i was looking on my local subie dealers site and saw they had a ts in white which is the color I always wanted on a brz so I decided to take a ride there just to look at it. I didn't expect much based off pics online but in person even covered in dust it was just stunning, and just me. So I said screw winter and I went back the next day. I made out very well on my trade and got my payments lower than what they were in my golf r which was my goal. I haven't been this happy driving since my wrx, it really is a great feeling to be so connected to the road with a factory car. My golf r was so numb and quiet in comparison, it was so good at what it did it took the fun away. Although I thought the wing would be a bit much I've grown to love it, it suits the cars aero kit and black wheels well and I feel like you can really feel it at higher highway speeds as i effortlessly carve through the air. For me a big draw to the ts was that although you could add all the parts later on, maybe even for cheaper with other brands, this car was all put together so it saves me time and headaches down the road, also I love the red on the interior.

Problems I've encountered thus far are the same weird tapping noise coming from the front of the car when i hit bumps that others have mentioned which occurred immediately after leaving the dealer, oddly it seems to disappear after a few miles of driving though. Also my headunit can be very laggy when working with spotify at times, other times it just stays black and need to be turned off/on again to get going(typical subaru audio smh). Lastly I'm not a huge fan of alcantara seats and wish they were leather and more bolstered like my R, in the summer my back feels like a furnace against it. Thus far I don't regret my decision at all, I drive it whenever I have free time on all the country road twisties we have around here, and honestly once I get going I could care less about the lack of power, the only time i notice it is when I go to pass on the highway. I can definitely see myself keeping this car long term. I will be getting a winter wheel setup, most likely enkeis on blizzaks, but other than that for now it will be untouched aside from my tinted windows. I'm thinking next spring maybe doing coils because the wheel gap is a bit much and a catback for some extra noise, but for now I love the way it drives. I'm really glad I didn't listen to all the negativity surrounding these cars and this model in particular. You just don't get it until you drive one.

Last edited by C1Y3R; 07-13-2018 at 02:52 PM.
C1Y3R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C1Y3R For This Useful Post:
Dok Henz (07-19-2018), Side (07-13-2018), yurikaze (07-13-2018)