follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 09-09-2016, 10:06 PM   #43
Koj

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Iceman, you plan to go on Nur in October ?
Koj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 02:31 AM   #44
brzest

Drives: '15 BRZ
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Thank you!

I turn everything off, but i don't use the pedal dance as it makes almost no difference to me (braking is a bit better but i haven't tested it properly on track).
I might get the new Beastronix 86Nanny PD when it comes out as it makes it much easier, the pedal dance itself is a PITA for me and i just don't bother(or don't remember) to do it every time i go on the track...

Depends on how fast you're going, the ring has so many bumps and elevation changes that VSC goes crazy, i remember doing my first ever lap with VSC Sport and it was a huge mistake even though i wasn't pushing hard at all.
Yeah, the VSC Sport is downright dangerous IMO. The reason I asked is that I noticed the traction/stability light went off in your video every now and then, but it tends to do that when 'just' pushing the button for everything off.
brzest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 08:09 AM   #45
Iceman

Drives: GT86
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koj View Post
Iceman, you plan to go on Nur in October ?
I wish... But i'm afraid i won't go back until 2017, but when i do i'm hoping to stay there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brzest View Post
Yeah, the VSC Sport is downright dangerous IMO. The reason I asked is that I noticed the traction/stability light went off in your video every now and then, but it tends to do that when 'just' pushing the button for everything off.
You can see the light flashing sometimes when i brake hard, as it does when the electronic brake distribution kicks in
Old 09-12-2016, 12:07 PM   #46
Koj

Drives: Toyota GT86
Garage
ok Iceman, I will inform you if I go there with MaximeT or others...
Koj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 03:16 PM   #47
MaximeT

Drives: GT86-ACE-JRZ-RPF1-Essex
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koj View Post
ok Iceman, I will inform you if I go there with MaximeT or others...
Looking at all the crashes this weekend, kinda not sure

I will learn the track and take a decision. Lacking a bit of time at the moment.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:55 AM   #48
brzest

Drives: '15 BRZ
Noticed you're on your second set of CUP 2's. How happy are you with those. I see your first set lasted 12000 km, any idea roughly how much of that was track driving/agressive street driving (vs. normal commuting)?
How are they towards the end of their life, I read there's a huge cliff when they are getting a little more worn (whereas AD08's go pretty well untill the very end)?
Trying to decide what to replace my old Advan AD08's with, it's going to be either the CUP2's or AD08R's.
brzest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 07:05 AM   #49
Iceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by brzest View Post
Noticed you're on your second set of CUP 2's. How happy are you with those. I see your first set lasted 12000 km, any idea roughly how much of that was track driving/agressive street driving (vs. normal commuting)?
How are they towards the end of their life, I read there's a huge cliff when they are getting a little more worn (whereas AD08's go pretty well untill the very end)?
Trying to decide what to replace my old Advan AD08's with, it's going to be either the CUP2's or AD08R's.
I'd say around 50-60% was track/fast road.

The only reason i took them off is because the thread was already pretty close to 1.6mm which is the legal minimum(here in Spain, at least) and i wanted to go to the Nürburgring with a fresh set. But i have them stored as i can probably get 1 or 2 trackdays out of them! Grip was still excellent.

I like PSC2's better than AD08R's.
Old 05-22-2018, 07:25 PM   #50
Iceman

Long time without posting here, so I decided to update the first post. Currently at 95,000km and on my 4th set of Cup 2's, it makes a bit more noise thanks to the lightweight titanium Tomei 60S catback and I got these fancy new coilovers last Monday:

JRZ RS Pro3, with custom Eibach springs. 90N/mm front, 110N/mm rear.

I will be installing these during this week, hopefully by thursday or friday I will have it done and aligned.

I'm going back to the Nürburgring in 6 weeks, where the car will be corner balanced and re-aligned at Raeder Motorsport, so I hope to see some improvement.

Here are some of my latest videos:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqN5z0OLX2g"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqN5z0OLX2g[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuEh1PnWmw0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuEh1PnWmw0[/ame]
The Following User Says Thank You to Iceman For This Useful Post:
TeutonicShift89 (08-30-2018)
Old 11-09-2018, 09:08 PM   #51
cool7

Drives: BRZ WRB
Any updates in regards to the JRZs?
cool7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 01:13 PM   #52
Viper8

Drives: Scion FRS
Nice work representing in the 'ring! There were some $$$$ cars you flew by out there!
Viper8 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Viper8 For This Useful Post:
Iceman (11-11-2018)
Old 11-11-2018, 08:39 PM   #53
Iceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool7 View Post
Any updates in regards to the JRZs?
I totally forgot about this thread

I couldn't be happier about the JRZ's, the ride is reasonably comfortable considering the springs I'm using (almost triple the stock rates). The balance of the car remains pretty much the same, but corner speed is now on a whole new level.
3-ways adjustability is also a very nice thing to have! I currently switch between 3 different "base" setups, the one I got for the Nürburgring(by Raeder), one for bumpy roads and daily driving, and another one for low grip or rain.

I corner balanced and aligned the car at Raeder Motorsport (aka Manthey Racing) and I did 17 laps(a lot of them wet) around the Nordschleife this year. I didn't get any clean laps, too much traffic and yellow flags, but I managed to improve my previous laptime within the 4th lap, easily. I was lapping consistently on high 8:2X's despite the traffic/flags and that says a lot, previous years I would be 20-30 seconds slower on the same conditions.
Best lap was 8:25 and my virtual best was 8:18.

This is that 4th lap, 8:26 BTG without pushing too hard (I was lifting on some high speed sections):

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGWUaUXLZ-k[/ame]

There are some more on my channel and I have some left to upload. I didn't get a lot of footage though because my camera died... Time for a Hero 7 I guess...!

I will come back next year and do a trackday anyway, it's the only way to drive there without too much traffic... And I just need more laps!

Here are some pictures BTW...

JRZ's installed:

How the car sits now, perfect height IMO!

Some air action at the ring

Also some pics from last weekend at the Vasco Sameiro circuit during a very wet trackday(video coming soon as well)

Oh, the car weights now 1230kg (2711lbs) with a full tank, I'm very pleased with that. However I plan on going lower with a lithium battery. I also have some carbon bucket seats that I may use for track duty only, will see how it goes...

Next will be a set of CSG Brembos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper8 View Post
Nice work representing in the 'ring! There were some $$$$ cars you flew by out there!
Thanks! That's very common at the ring, you can see very expensive cars going slow and really cheap/slow cars going insanely quick! And the other way around too, obviously
The Following User Says Thank You to Iceman For This Useful Post:
Vin (11-13-2018)
Old 12-22-2020, 02:59 PM   #54
EB86

Hi

This car still going?

Any updates?

How is the suspension? and how are the cup2's compared to Direzza?
EB86 is offline   Reply With Quote