follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southwest

Southwest AZ, NM, NV, OK, TX, UT

User Tag List

Old 07-20-2012, 02:11 PM   #365
Anthony @ 86WORX

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[QUOTE=i saw you last week! on the 95, going on the ramp towards the 15. looks awesome while moving that low[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Haven't started the Miata since I got the FR-S. I may take her out this weekend
Anthony @ 86WORX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:13 PM   #366
Anthony @ 86WORX

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-S teve702 View Post
Sorry, messed up on the quote on the last post. Can you take some night shots so we can see how they look lit up?
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342807993.607632.jpg
Views: 763
Size:  164.0 KB

Not a full night shot but you get the idea.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:47 PM   #367
Unleashed

Drives: 13' WRX
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
@Koji_Online Did you think about going full coilovers? Titan performance is offering great deals on some BC BR coilovers with SWIFT springs and free dampener extenders so you can adjust the rears without tearing into the car any. I plan on buying them on the first and a few other Cusco support pieces.

@TuxedoCartman Thank you for the helpful and funny review of the parts installed. let me know how well mike treats you, I might take my things over there to him and Mori.
Unleashed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Unleashed For This Useful Post:
Koji_Online (07-20-2012)
Old 07-20-2012, 06:18 PM   #368
Koji_Online
N7 Spectre

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86 (Ablaze - 6MT)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unleashed View Post
@Koji_Online Did you think about going full coilovers? Titan performance is offering great deals on some BC BR coilovers with SWIFT springs and free dampener extenders so you can adjust the rears without tearing into the car any. I plan on buying them on the first and a few other Cusco support pieces.
I didn't know BC sold them with SWIFT springs installed; that's hella awesome; I'm still probably going just springs because:

-cost effective & I'm trying to save for other things like the Vortech SC just announced on the forum today! =D

- MotoP (prominent forum member, taught Ken Gushi how to drift (source?), has a lot of tech info. & track time) said that the stock dampers are already well stiff for solid track use; he tried out some coils & said they were un-necessary even when set to soft all the way around =D
The general talk around the forum is that the stock dampers will handle most if not any spring, really well.

I'm definitely looking into the Cusco strut bar with brake master stopper, & the oil catch can, sooner rather than later; don't want my engine to get dirty, especially with all the crazy rev drifting we're getting ourselves into haha!

& about monday; I have the funds bro, lets tear this up! I'm bringing a friend Aaron Escobedo, he's been drifting for a good part of 8 years, & does a lot of vegasdrift events in his Turbo FC; he's the guy who started teaching me at the Gymkhana spot & hopefully we can learn a lot from him on monday.

Dude, I went to the gymkhana spot last night & got a solid 30mins before security... & there were 2 trailers there in the middle instead of just one! That spot is hella fun; when security pulled up we dipped quick without even stopping to talk or see who it was, but actually came back; I just wanted to talk & ask if we could chill; hoping it would be that security guard who knows Aaron & would let us drift... it ended up being that same lady who kicked you & me out last time we went =/

& I have a new spot that feels like ice... even Ryo got good slides outta the FWD celica, we actually looked good tandem drifting =P
Imma show you this weekend; its named the Skidpad haha!

Koji_Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:13 PM   #369
FR-S teve702

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S 6MT Argento
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Went to Cars and Coffee between 9:30am to 10:15am. I know I was kind of late when I got there so I didn't really see anyone where we usually park except for a Nissan GT-R R33. I parked around the corner of BJ's to check the forums on my phone and noticed a young kid get out of a red car parked a distance away and come over to take some snap shots of my car with his camera. It was pretty hot today. I didn't mind coming out as it was a good excuse for me to go cruising in my FR-S.
Still wanna do a group drive one day when everyone is available.
FR-S teve702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:19 PM   #370
Anthony @ 86WORX

Quote:
Went to Cars and Coffee between 9:30am to 10:15am. I know I was kind of late when I got there so I didn't really see anyone where we usually park except for a Nissan GT-R R33. I parked around the corner of BJ's to check the forums on my phone and noticed a young kid get out of a red car parked a distance away and come over to take some snap shots of my car with his camera. It was pretty hot today. I didn't mind coming out as it was a good excuse for me to go cruising in my FR-S.
Still wanna do a group drive one day when everyone is available.
If I didn't stay up till 4 last night I probably would've gone to C&C today. If I'm not mistaken there is a scion meet today so I'll try and make that this afternoon.
Old 07-21-2012, 03:23 PM   #371
FR-S teve702

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S 6MT Argento
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHRFRS View Post
If I didn't stay up till 4 last night I probably would've gone to C&C today. If I'm not mistaken there is a scion meet today so I'll try and make that this afternoon.

There is? Where and what time?
FR-S teve702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:33 PM   #372
Anthony @ 86WORX

Quote:
3pm @9645 west tropicana. I believe they are doing a car wash there and making a video for the sinplicity car group.

7pm @2605 south Decatur (aloha kitchen). That is the actual car meet/greet.

The guy who organizes it is also the distributor for killerwaxx and will be selling products there.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:41 PM   #373
Koji_Online
N7 Spectre

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHRFRS View Post
3pm @9645 west tropicana. I believe they are doing a car wash there and making a video for the sinplicity car group.

7pm @2605 south Decatur (aloha kitchen). That is the actual car meet/greet.

The guy who organizes it is also the distributor for killerwaxx and will be selling products there.

Hey guys, man I overslept; me & Unleashed were playin XBoxLive Halo until about 3 haha; thougth I could wake up, but it just didn't happen.

I'd be interested in the 7pm meet, I could probably find a good detailer to help me with my hood =P

Old 07-21-2012, 08:07 PM   #374
Unleashed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koji_Online View Post
I didn't know BC sold them with SWIFT springs installed; that's hella awesome; I'm still probably going just springs because:

-cost effective & I'm trying to save for other things like the Vortech SC just announced on the forum today! =D

- MotoP (prominent forum member, taught Ken Gushi how to drift (source?), has a lot of tech info. & track time) said that the stock dampers are already well stiff for solid track use; he tried out some coils & said they were un-necessary even when set to soft all the way around =D
The general talk around the forum is that the stock dampers will handle most if not any spring, really well.

I'm definitely looking into the Cusco strut bar with brake master stopper, & the oil catch can, sooner rather than later; don't want my engine to get dirty, especially with all the crazy rev drifting we're getting ourselves into haha!

& about monday; I have the funds bro, lets tear this up! I'm bringing a friend Aaron Escobedo, he's been drifting for a good part of 8 years, & does a lot of vegasdrift events in his Turbo FC; he's the guy who started teaching me at the Gymkhana spot & hopefully we can learn a lot from him on monday.

Dude, I went to the gymkhana spot last night & got a solid 30mins before security... & there were 2 trailers there in the middle instead of just one! That spot is hella fun; when security pulled up we dipped quick without even stopping to talk or see who it was, but actually came back; I just wanted to talk & ask if we could chill; hoping it would be that security guard who knows Aaron & would let us drift... it ended up being that same lady who kicked you & me out last time we went =/

& I have a new spot that feels like ice... even Ryo got good slides outta the FWD celica, we actually looked good tandem drifting =P
Imma show you this weekend; its named the Skidpad haha!
I had no idea the stock struts are that good, i might just get a good set of springs then as well to save money ad just lower the car, I really need camber adjustment as well for my fitment.

Looking forward to that Vortech. Accelerated's turbo kit looks promising but i dont wanna void my warranty just yet. sticking with exhaust and maybe intake filter for now.

Im going looks first on this and then when the warranty expires, performance.

Lets drift it up on monday man! Also maybe sunday night we can hit up the Skidpad location.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:42 PM   #375
Koji_Online
N7 Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unleashed View Post
I had no idea the stock struts are that good, i might just get a good set of springs then as well to save money ad just lower the car, I really need camber adjustment as well for my fitment.

Looking forward to that Vortech. Accelerated's turbo kit looks promising but i dont wanna void my warranty just yet. sticking with exhaust and maybe intake filter for now.

Im going looks first on this and then when the warranty expires, performance.

Lets drift it up on monday man! Also maybe sunday night we can hit up the Skidpad location.
Definitely me too; I'm going the same route, mostly looks until warranty is up =P

I'm down for drifting tomorrow, might actually be going tonight too; lmk when you get out man

Old 07-21-2012, 08:43 PM   #376
Koji_Online
N7 Spectre

The Voodoo shift knob is finally available in the Pearl finish! Check it out =D

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9079

@Unleashed did you get your voodoo in already?

Old 07-21-2012, 09:48 PM   #377
Unleashed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koji_Online View Post
The Voodoo shift knob is finally available in the Pearl finish! Check it out =D

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9079

@Unleashed did you get your voodoo in already?

Yeah I got it like 2 days after ordering! Really like it! Kinda wish it was heavier than the stock one but the lighter feel does give you better feedback.

Forgot to say, i will be going all cusco brace and suspension pieces in the very near future. I want this car to handle exceptionally well, I'm young now and can put up with a semi-rough ride haha.
I won't be getting off until 12 for sure tonight so you'll probably be done then, i'll text you though.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:57 AM   #378
Auto-Hauss

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S-Asphalt
I just picked up my FRS a few days ago. Hello everybody!
Auto-Hauss is offline   Reply With Quote