follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 04-13-2012, 08:24 AM   #1
SteelReign

Drives: 2009 Hyundai Sonata
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Your favorite stocks, investments, and why? Please include ticker symbol too!

It seems like there's plenty of guys on this forum that know a whole bunch about stocks and investment so I'll come out and say it: I'm a total newb at this sort of thing and I'm just getting my feet wet. Since getting my first real job out of college I've been putting the most I could toward my 401k and roth IRA, but I've been putting them into an S&P 500 index fund. It hasn't really done much besides giving me dividends.

Recently I decided to branch out and pick a few companies that I liked and seemed to have a good future and put a bit of leftover money into those ETFs. So far its beeng going alright, but I wanted to see if there's more that I'm missing out on. That comes to my question for everyone:

What's your favorite companies that you invest in (including ticker symbol) and why?
Old 04-13-2012, 12:38 PM   #2
suprachica79

Drives: free Hyundai, 2006 Kawasaki ZX6R
I like my Vanguard 500 mutual fund. It's an incredibly steady and safe fund. Took about a 33% decrease during the meltdown but has climbed I believe all the way back up to where it was.

Edit: I believe the ticker is VFINX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn248 View Post
Reminds me that I need to work on finding a JDM girlfriend, or maybe JDM modified for US use as I don't think I could learn Japanese.
suprachica79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:11 PM   #3
bambbrose
Wiring Nerd

Drives: 1994 Supra
I made a killing on GV this year, got lucky and bought in quantity at 0.2610/share.

DSM has been stable dividend
AAPL of course
SCCO, but that is a commodity play. Dividends are great
MS is a bargain below $17. They are currently priced below their book value.

Looking for BRZ FR-S in Wake County NC for testing. PM me.
bambbrose is offline   Reply With Quote