follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 05-18-2011, 02:25 PM   #113
SCIONIZED

Drives: Beater
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
If that is an FRS then why are they trying camoflage it when we already seen the concept car? Could it be Toyotas Ft-HS concept car?
SCIONIZED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:27 PM   #114
bofa

Drives: Ms. Daisy
Looks nothing like the FT-HS... camo is common while still working out production decisions.
bofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:29 PM   #115
FR-HachiRoku

Drives: 03 Mustang Mach 1 & 01 Jetta VR6
My hope is being restored after seeing these newer pics!
FR-HachiRoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:35 PM   #116
PAImportTuner
Turbo Mafia Presidente

Drives: U Mad?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCIONIZED View Post
If that is an FRS then why are they trying camoflage it when we already seen the concept car? Could it be Toyotas Ft-HS concept car?
Ok now that's just stupid.

Anyways, I said when the first spy shots were a Subaru and these pics just cement that. Although I could still be wrong, perhaps Subaru and Scion might look identical externally but only having different powerplants, badges and different design and material in the interior.

So Subaru might have the aero and turbo standard. Scion might just have the optional aero package, along with choice of TRD upgrades like i/h/e/springs.
PAImportTuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:37 PM   #117
PAImportTuner
Turbo Mafia Presidente

Drives: U Mad?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-HachiRoku View Post
My hope is being restored after seeing these newer pics!
Yeah I can possibly deal without the budging panels after seeing this. As long as I can fit 255/265 width tires I'm going to be happy.
PAImportTuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:37 PM   #118
Franisco

Drives: D31a
Not feeling that spoiler at all..especially if the damn thing ends up being a scion. Its just asking for punishment. The lip kit looks decent though.
Does anyone else see Mitsu FTO at all?
Franisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:39 PM   #119
iff2mastamatt
Feeling Iffy?

Drives: it like I stole it
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franisco View Post
Not feeling that spoiler at all..especially if the damn thing ends up being a scion. Its just asking for punishment. The lip kit looks decent though.
Does anyone else see Mitsu FTO at all?
It probably will be an option, just like on the Imperza now.
iff2mastamatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:44 PM   #120
bofa

Drives: Ms. Daisy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAImportTuner View Post
Ok now that's just stupid.

Anyways, I said when the first spy shots were a Subaru and these pics just cement that. Although I could still be wrong, perhaps Subaru and Scion might look identical externally but only having different powerplants, badges and different design and material in the interior.

So Subaru might have the aero and turbo standard. Scion might just have the optional aero package, along with choice of TRD upgrades like i/h/e/springs.
How does this cement that? Also power plants are shared between the two. What do you mean by different design? I think for the most part you'll see close similarities except for the lighting, interior and maybe a few visual cues. At this point I'm even wondering if they will have the same stock wheels.
bofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:44 PM   #121
Rome

Drives: DC5-S
The more I look at these new photos the more I see its resemblence to the FR-S. The camo is really good at making it look a bit slab sided but in the picture a few posts up you can see the body line rear fender bulge on the rear quarter panel. Obviously it won't be as menacing as the 5 axis concept but I think it will still look great. I predict it will be a cross between the MKII and MKIII when all is said and done.
Rome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:45 PM   #122
Traum

Drives: Honda POS
Not digging the wing nor the aero kit. The wing is too big and the lines too flamboyant, and it really doesn't go together well with the tame-looking body panels on the car. The aero kit looks too much like a tacked on afterthought. The whole thing just doesn't go well together.

Bring back the Five Axis FR-S. That one was the winner by far.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:48 PM   #123
ydooby

Drives: Toyota MR2 Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Not digging the wing nor the aero kit. The wing is too big and the lines too flamboyant, and it really doesn't go together well with the tame-looking body panels on the car. The aero kit looks too much like a tacked on afterthought. The whole thing just doesn't go well together.

+100000

No ugly wing and tacked-on bodykit please. Keep it clean and integrated like the FR-S!
ydooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:50 PM   #124
Jay Grey

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited DGM MT
Garage
Doesn't look bad at all... As long as the car doesn't look fugly, has good specs & is a decent price I'm still in for getting it. Everyone is so woried bout styling, wings & etc. The first couple of years is gonna be swormed with styling, wings & other accessories for the FR-S to purchase. You can put the money in to make it to ur liking. I don't think Scion is gonna have too many accessories for this car cuz its gonna probably come standard with some things. I just want my RWD car, being a Toyota/Scion owner I hope it turns out well. If not the money I save will just have to go to a project build.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:51 PM   #125
FR-HachiRoku

Drives: 03 Mustang Mach 1 & 01 Jetta VR6
At least there getting closer to the FRS with the aero kit, but ifnthey could get it as close to the FRS as possible that would be the best.
FR-HachiRoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:54 PM   #126
Jay Grey

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited DGM MT
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post

I agree!!! Doesn't have to be the 5axis FR-S, but at least a very very similar version of it. Just get rid of the wheels, make them 17's. Get rid of the carbon brake system & put regular rotors and brakes. And put some new headlights & taillights that meet specs & then everything is good.