follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 12-03-2023, 09:55 PM   #9367
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: GR Corolla
Thanked 3,017 Times in 1,859 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unplugem View Post
I quite like it, as it looks like it came off a WRC car. I wouldn't pay $1,400 for it though.
I think you'd really like the whole Tom's kit for the GRC (I'm not a fan at all). Can only imagine the price on any of those pieces.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 10:03 PM   #9368
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: GR Corolla
Thanked 3,017 Times in 1,859 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
This was the original Grow spoiler design in case anyone was curious:

Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaotic Lazagna For This Useful Post:
ichitaka05 (12-03-2023), Spuds (12-03-2023)
Old 12-03-2023, 10:09 PM   #9369
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,325 Times in 7,383 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Random Thoughts - Part III The Search for Spark (No Politics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
Tomei appears to use slip fittings which I've had enough of for one build. Plus it's more expensive.

HKS 4-1 is more expensive with worse collectors, shorter primaries, and not rotational firing order.

HKS 4-2-1 has all the same problems plus seems to be out of production.

Borla seems to only have uel anymore. And even then it's got the same problems as HKS.

Not sure what would make headers themselves loud with the rest of the exhaust being stock. Maybe the pipes are thinner? It's hard to find actual specs online and the person on the other side of the phone didn't know anything.

I don’t think I would sweat your initial decision. If you are concerned, call and ask the ceramic coater what their process is. What is there pre processing procedure? How many coats? Inside and out? You shouldn’t have a corrosion issues with 304 unless the coating is compromised. I’ve also never seen 304 develop anything but minor surface corrosion unless improper filler material was used on the weld.

I used to have parts made for corrosive environment at my old job, basically a chlorine pool. Of course the idiot cad guy would just specify “stainless steel” on the drawing. So we would get some parts that would surface rust but that was it, never had a failure. It was because the venders were just using whatever stainless they had on hand since we didn’t specify it on the drawing. It was while walking a trade show in CA and found a company that sold passivation and pickling chemicals for stainless. When I asked what the process was the lightbulb went off on what was happening. We had very good luck with passivated 304 stainless, but we did it for purely cosmetic issues. It was still cheaper than having the part made out of 316 the first time. Even then, I don’t see un-passivated raw 304 developing anything more then mild surface corrosion.
Spuds (12-03-2023)
Old 12-03-2023, 10:49 PM   #9370
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,052 Times in 8,327 Posts
Mentioned: 677 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Saw this quote from one of hopecore vid.

One day… or day one.

Simple yet interesting view. I’m currently in Day 7 of getting my ass back in shape (other than sphere lol). Need to get back into 175~185 again…
Old 12-03-2023, 10:56 PM   #9371
Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,433 Times in 6,148 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post

One day… or day one.

Simple yet interesting view. I’m currently in Day 7 of getting my ass back in shape (other than sphere lol). Need to get back into 175~185 again…
It's a race then! I probably have further to go though and you have a 7-day head start.
The Following User Says Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
ichitaka05 (12-03-2023)
Old 12-03-2023, 10:58 PM   #9372
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
It's a race then! I probably have further to go though and you have a 7-day head start.

Getting back to shape buddy is always welcome. Helps motivate!

I might be 7 days head start, doesn’t mean I’m a head.

We can do it!
Old 12-03-2023, 10:59 PM   #9373
Spuds
The Dictater

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
I don’t think I would sweat your initial decision. If you are concerned, call and ask the ceramic coater what their process is. What is there pre processing procedure? How many coats? Inside and out? You shouldn’t have a corrosion issues with 304 unless the coating is compromised. I’ve also never seen 304 develop anything but minor surface corrosion unless improper filler material was used on the weld.

I used to have parts made for corrosive environment at my old job, basically a chlorine pool. Of course the idiot cad guy would just specify “stainless steel” on the drawing. So we would get some parts that would surface rust but that was it, never had a failure. It was because the venders were just using whatever stainless they had on hand since we didn’t specify it on the drawing. It was while walking a trade show in CA and found a company that sold passivation and pickling chemicals for stainless. When I asked what the process was the lightbulb went off on what was happening. We had very good luck with passivated 304 stainless, but we did it for purely cosmetic issues. It was still cheaper than having the part made out of 316 the first time. Even then, I don’t see un-passivated raw 304 developing anything more then mild surface corrosion.
Yeah I was just answering the question from a few pages back lol. I sweat the deciding for the last 3 months, I'm pretty sure on the header, just need to sort out coating details.

And I learned something new today so thanks!
NoHaveMSG (12-03-2023)
Old 12-03-2023, 11:25 PM   #9374
Unplugem

Drives: GR86 (Sold) -> C6 GS Edelbrock SCed
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Getting back to shape buddy is always welcome. Helps motivate!

I might be 7 days head start, doesn’t mean I’m a head.

We can do it!
Do you live in Japan? If you do, I'm sure you have tried natto. I've heard a lot of people in Japan eat it every day. I just found it at a local market where I live. I've been eating it daily for a week now and I've found that it really gives me energy to workout harder. I've heard that natto is famous in Japan for being a super health-food.
Unplugem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 11:33 PM   #9375
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Quote:
Do you live in Japan? If you do, I'm sure you have tried natto. I've heard a lot of people in Japan eat it every day. I just found it at a local market where I live. I've been eating it daily for a week now and I've found that it really gives me energy to workout harder. I've heard that natto is famous in Japan for being a super health-food.

No I don’t live in Japan. Yes, I’ve heard of natto. Yes, it can be healthy for your body… just don’t look at how much sodium it has.

Living in US, natto ain’t easy to come by. Plus to eat natto, majority of the time, you gotta eat w rice. Rice = sugar & carb. Trust me tofu & rice are my fav things to eat! You gotta kill me to take it away from me… but realistically speak those 2 can kill me, if I don’t keep working out!
Old 12-03-2023, 11:37 PM   #9376
NoHaveMSG

Garage
Quote:

One day… or day one.

I’ve been working at the same, new job helped a lot. I am down almost 10lbs in the last two months even after thanksgiving. Last week at work I averaged over 22k steps M-F, half that time carrying 40-80lbs lol.
ichitaka05 (12-03-2023), Spuds (12-04-2023)
Old 12-03-2023, 11:40 PM   #9377
NoHaveMSG

Garage
I bought a bunch of these 24” magnetic strips at HF for 1.50/ea for Black Friday. Been using them for garage organization. Kind of liked the idea of using my toolboxes for larger tools, specialty tools, and sockets while keeping everything else in easy reach.

bcj (12-04-2023), ichitaka05 (12-03-2023), Spuds (12-04-2023), x808drifter (12-04-2023)
Old 12-03-2023, 11:49 PM   #9378
Unplugem

Drives: GR86 (Sold) -> C6 GS Edelbrock SCed
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
No I don’t live in Japan. Yes, I’ve heard of natto. Yes, it can be healthy for your body… just don’t look at how much sodium it has.

Living in US, natto ain’t easy to come by. Plus to eat natto, majority of the time, you gotta eat w rice. Rice = sugar & carb. Trust me tofu & rice are my fav things to eat! You gotta kill me to take it away from me… but realistically speak those 2 can kill me, if I don’t keep working out!
The only thing in natto that has sodium is the optional flavor packet. I don't use the flavor packet; I use the mustard packet and throw the soy sauce/flavor packet in the trash. It tastes decent, even without rice, as long as you add some fresh lemon juice, green onions, and cilantro.
Natto is difficult to find in the U.S., I had to go to a small family-owned Asian food market in order to get it.
The reason why I suggested natto is because it dramatically increases blood-flow, so your muscles get pumped way better if you eat natto before working out.
Unplugem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Unplugem For This Useful Post:
ichitaka05 (12-03-2023)
Old 12-04-2023, 12:09 AM   #9379
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Quote:
I’ve been working at the same, new job helped a lot. I am down almost 10lbs in the last two months even after thanksgiving. Last week at work I averaged over 22k steps M-F, half that time carrying 40-80lbs lol.

Nice! I don’t do much labor work anymore & sit all day doesn’t help…

Quote:
The only thing in natto that has sodium is the optional flavor packet. I don't use the flavor packet; I use the mustard packet and throw the soy sauce/flavor packet in the trash. It tastes decent, even without rice, as long as you add some fresh lemon juice, green onions, and cilantro.
Natto is difficult to find in the U.S., I had to go to a small family-owned Asian food market in order to get it.
The reason why I suggested natto is because it dramatically increases blood-flow, so your muscles get pumped way better if you eat natto before working out.

Not only the sauce, but natto itself is a high sodium. Natto is “soy” beans.

I still do enjoy eating natto once a while. Thanks for the advice though.
Old 12-04-2023, 01:28 AM   #9380
Spuds
The Dictater

Quote:
Yeah I/we need to find something that makes me move again, preferably something my wife likes to do too. Neither of us have the motivation to exercise for exercises sake.

Well except now I've challenged Ichi to a race and I hate losing more than I hate exercise.
NoHaveMSG (12-04-2023)

Tags
have you turned it off/on, i heart my boxer, i still hate you all, kiss me, maple syrup, multipass, next one is a prequel, ow my balls, special_k abandoned you, the search for more money