follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 10-14-2014, 10:35 AM   #631
Andrew025

Drives: Neptune GR86
Thanked 3,505 Times in 1,806 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I actually just picked up the scout rifle you mentioned. Not bad, will probably be pretty good after the patch.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:39 AM   #632
53Driver
T64-416Ax3=13,140shp

Drives: 2002 AP1 and 2015 F-150 EB (DD)
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I finally hit lvl 26 yesterday. Picked up some legendary armor so I'm finally starting to feel like I've made progress. Realized I've been very ineffecient in how I've played this game, but I'll chalk that up to this being my first entry back into playing console games since the mid-90s. I had not been selecting bounties for missions I had already completed, but learned this weekend that is was a quick way to gain Vanguard points/marks so I ran through a few missions I had already done just to get my Vanguard rank up.

I'd like to do the raid at some point too since I haven't had a chance to try it, but still not sure how competitive I'd be as a low level 26 with only one legendary weapon in my arsenal right now. I am working on an exotic weapon bounty, but in order to get it I need to earn 500 (kills/points) in the Crucible using a weapon that utilizes Void damage.
53Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 11:17 AM   #633
wheelhaus

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2020 KTM Super Duke 1290R
Thanked 1,141 Times in 624 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Driver View Post
Are you going to have a vendor thread? Would like to see a picture or two of your 3rd brake light. Okay, back to topic...
Yes, right now it's a group buy thread.

And that exotic bounty with 500 void kills is kinda difficult... I'm still at 45ish, just need to get more proficient with my void secondary.
wheelhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wheelhaus For This Useful Post:
53Driver (10-14-2014)
Old 10-14-2014, 11:22 AM   #634
53Driver
T64-416Ax3=13,140shp

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelhaus View Post
Yes, right now it's a group buy thread.

And that exotic bounty with 500 void kills is kinda difficult... I'm still at 45ish, just need to get more proficient with my void secondary.
Thanks and yeah, I've actually considered abandoning the Exotic bounty because I was very aggravated after I did what I was first asked to do by the bounty (kill 500 Hive) and then it goes "Oh, BTW now you need 500 in the Crucible using Void damage". Ugh. First off I suck at the Crucible, secondly I hardly ever play in the Crucible (might change when I start getting better weapons/gear to be more competitive) and lastly my only weapon that uses Void damage is one of my rocket launchers (and a grenade with my Defender sub-class). I played the Crucible a few times yesterday trying to work on the bounty but everytime heavy ammo became available I was killed as I was running to get it.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:29 AM   #635
wheelhaus

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2020 KTM Super Duke 1290R
Thanked 1,141 Times in 624 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quote:
Thanks and yeah, I've actually considered abandoning the Exotic bounty because I was very aggravated after I did what I was first asked to do by the bounty (kill 500 Hive) and then it goes "Oh, BTW now you need 500 in the Crucible using Void damage". Ugh. First off I suck at the Crucible, secondly I hardly ever play in the Crucible (might change when I start getting better weapons/gear to be more competitive) and lastly my only weapon that uses Void damage is one of my rocket launchers (and a grenade with my Defender sub-class). I played the Crucible a few times yesterday trying to work on the bounty but everytime heavy ammo became available I was killed as I was running to get it.
Yeah, keep at it, you will get into more of a groove and you'll find a game type that you're more proficient in, like control is more strategic, but deathmatch is more freeform, as an example. If you can get a void machine gun, kills can come quickly but ammo is scarce.

I got my hopes up that Bad Juju would do void damage as a primary, but that was only in the Beta. ): That would have helped me hit 500 very quickly.
wheelhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wheelhaus For This Useful Post:
53Driver (10-14-2014)
Old 10-14-2014, 11:34 AM   #636
f0rge
head of infinite swagger

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Garage
I purposely took the Pocket Infinity bounty because it had no PVP component. I just have to kill 200 enemies in the nightfall using a pulse rifle and I'm done. It'll be slow but at least it's doable.
2013 Ultramarine FR-S 6MT - Car Journal - SOLD
2004 AlpineWhite M3 6MT - SOLD
f0rge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 11:51 AM   #637
53Driver
T64-416Ax3=13,140shp

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelhaus View Post
Yeah, keep at it, you will get into more of a groove and you'll find a game type that you're more proficient in, like control is more strategic, but deathmatch is more freeform, as an example. If you can get a void machine gun, kills can come quickly but ammo is scarce.

I got my hopes up that Bad Juju would do void damage as a primary, but that was only in the Beta. ): That would have helped me hit 500 very quickly.
So is it 500 kills or points? To be honest, it's a little confusing to me. If it is 500 kills, that's going to take me forever! I feel like I am being forced into the PvP thing and that's not what I have enjoyed about this game. It's funny, cause I finally dowloaded the Destiny APP and spent sometime reading in the forums sections this morning. Seems like a lot of people are upset, especially the people who identify as PvE types. One guy on there has a pretty epic tirade about the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f0rge View Post
I purposely took the Pocket Infinity bounty because it had no PVP component. I just have to kill 200 enemies in the nightfall using a pulse rifle and I'm done. It'll be slow but at least it's doable.
Okay, to show my ignorance again, did it say on the bounty whether there was a PvP elelement to it when selecting it? I selected the one I did because I saw the whole, "kill 500 Hive to activate it" and I thought "hey, that won't be so bad". I didn't realize it was then going to morph into a "now you have to go to the Crucible and earn a bunch of stuff to get it" type of affair.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:56 AM   #638
Andrew025

Drives: Neptune GR86
Thanked 3,505 Times in 1,806 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
So is it 500 kills or points? To be honest, it's a little confusing to me. If it is 500 kills, that's going to take me forever! I feel like I am being forced into the PvP thing and that's not what I have enjoyed about this game. It's funny, cause I finally dowloaded the Destiny APP and spent sometime reading in the forums sections this morning. Seems like a lot of people are upset, especially the people who identify as PvE types. One guy on there has a pretty epic tirade about the game.

Okay, to show my ignorance again, did it say on the bounty whether there was a PvP elelement to it when selecting it? I selected the one I did because I saw the whole, "kill 500 Hive to activate it" and I thought "hey, that won't be so bad". I didn't realize it was then going to morph into a "now you have to go to the Crucible and earn a bunch of stuff to get it" type of affair.
The exotic bounties are multi part and are different from each other.
Your best bet is to look up the bounties on the web before selecting them.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:59 AM   #639
53Driver
T64-416Ax3=13,140shp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew025 View Post
The exotic bounties are multi part and are different from each other.
Your best bet is to look up the bounties on the web before selecting them.
Thanks. Live and learn I guess. I guess I was naive when I got this game, didn't realize it was going to take so much research outside of it to know what I was doing lol. Games were much simpler 20 years ago.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:14 PM   #640
f0rge
head of infinite swagger

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Since they didn't tell you what gun you were getting I stopped and looked them up and checked the requirements at the same time. That helped make my decision.
2013 Ultramarine FR-S 6MT - Car Journal - SOLD
2004 AlpineWhite M3 6MT - SOLD
f0rge is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to f0rge For This Useful Post:
53Driver (10-14-2014)
Old 10-14-2014, 01:31 PM   #641
53Driver
T64-416Ax3=13,140shp

Quote:
Since they didn't tell you what gun you were getting I stopped and looked them up and checked the requirements at the same time. That helped make my decision.
Such a simple solution and yet I was so excited to get en exotic weapon bounty I became dumb in the moment.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:44 PM   #642
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!

Drives: Accord 2.0T, Silverado
Thanked 2,208 Times in 1,072 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Did you guys see the patch notes?

ARs getting a nerf, Scout rifles getting a rather huge buff. Somehow pulse rifles get no love and will continue to be useless.

I guess now I'm looking to replace my Shadow Price this week. I was dead set on The Devil You Know but the scout rifle buff has me looking at the A.1F19X-RYL.

Seems like a few of you really love TDYK, thoughts on the scout?
Thank god. Also all the butthurt about Vex Mythoclast.. HUGE +30% damage reduction. It was ridiculously OP though, the only real counter to it was a super. I never really thought pulse rifles were useless, but my biggest problem with them was that a couple I used, when aiming down sights, took up the entire bottom half of the screen.. That's a whole lot of FOV blocked...

I'm leveling up my Devil You Know with Third Eye, but I have a legendary scout rifle as well, The Aries Nemesis X4. I loved it for PVE but didn't use it for PVP a whole lot yet. Gonna see how that works out.

Quote:
Don't lie. You wanted a full auto fusion rifle.

Quote:

Depends. Thorn requires 500 points in Crucible with void damage. You get 5 points per kill and lose 2 for each death. Bad Juju requires 500 points as well. The way its system works is you get 25 points per kill (75 if you're a warlock) and there is no punishment for death.

So here's my PVP tip. Get good with a fusion rifle if you're on a map that relies on close quarter combat. If you can get a good void damage fusion rifle with high impact (because impact determines how hard the gun hits per round, not the DPS number) and you get used to having it precharged and ready to go, you're going to outgun the shotty users every time, especially now with the range nerf. It's probably the hardest weapon in the game to get used to, but once you get in a groove it can absolutely dominate.

People complaining about PVP and PVE going on the same stats... yeah, that happens in just about every game. I've also seen the "Destiny needs resilience like Warcraft!" stuff as well.. Except what they don't tell you (or didn't know) is that Blizzard decided it was for the best to remove it.

Exotic bounties don't show what all of the steps are going to be. Best bet is what f0rge said below, and google it before you pick one.

Quote:
First time I got an exotic bounty I was excited and almost picked.. friend of mine in my fireteam said STOP, GOOGLE IT FIRST. So yeah, that helped.
n2oinferno is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to n2oinferno For This Useful Post:
53Driver (10-14-2014)
Old 10-14-2014, 01:50 PM   #643
53Driver
T64-416Ax3=13,140shp

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2oinferno View Post
Thank god. Also all the butthurt about Vex Mythoclast.. HUGE +30% damage reduction. It was ridiculously OP though, the only real counter to it was a super. I never really thought pulse rifles were useless, but my biggest problem with them was that a couple I used, when aiming down sights, took up the entire bottom half of the screen.. That's a whole lot of FOV blocked...

I'm leveling up my Devil You Know with Third Eye, but I have a legendary scout rifle as well, The Aries Nemesis X4. I loved it for PVE but didn't use it for PVP a whole lot yet. Gonna see how that works out.

Don't lie. You wanted a full auto fusion rifle.

Depends. Thorn requires 500 points in Crucible with void damage. You get 5 points per kill and lose 2 for each death. Bad Juju requires 500 points as well. The way its system works is you get 25 points per kill (75 if you're a warlock) and there is no punishment for death.

So here's my PVP tip. Get good with a fusion rifle if you're on a map that relies on close quarter combat. If you can get a good void damage fusion rifle with high impact (because impact determines how hard the gun hits per round, not the DPS number) and you get used to having it precharged and ready to go, you're going to outgun the shotty users every time, especially now with the range nerf. It's probably the hardest weapon in the game to get used to, but once you get in a groove it can absolutely dominate.

People complaining about PVP and PVE going on the same stats... yeah, that happens in just about every game. I've also seen the "Destiny needs resilience like Warcraft!" stuff as well.. Except what they don't tell you (or didn't know) is that Blizzard decided it was for the best to remove it.

Exotic bounties don't show what all of the steps are going to be. Best bet is what f0rge said below, and google it before you pick one.

First time I got an exotic bounty I was excited and almost picked.. friend of mine in my fireteam said STOP, GOOGLE IT FIRST. So yeah, that helped.

Great advice, I'm really kicking myself in the butt for not thinking to Google it first. I must have got Thorn, because it says kills will speed up your process and deaths with slow it down. Considering I die about as much as I get kills in PvP, I guess it basically means I will spend forever trying to get it.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:51 PM   #644
53Driver
T64-416Ax3=13,140shp

I guess I also need to start practice my fusion rifle skills. So far I haven't been a fan of them but guess it's cause I didn't know how to use them properly.