follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
FT86 Motorsports
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Great Lakes

Great Lakes IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, WI

User Tag List

Old 03-07-2018, 11:19 PM   #1
Faulkner

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Oil Change and Winter Storage

So I stored the FR-S this winter and all is well with her. However, I put about 25 miles on the engine without changing the oil first. I'm concerned I could've cycled some condensate/water through the engine now. Oil has been changed since but would storing for 12ish weeks and 25 miles harm me much?

Thanks
Faulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 07:09 PM   #2
SCQTT
ZWEI KOLBEN

Drives: 2017 86 Halo 6MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm sure you are fine. It is my understanding that you should store with fresh oil and just use that in the spring. If you store with old oil the acids form combustion in the oil could etch the bearings over time. I think this is pretty much overkill and I would not worry about it unless I was storing a very expensive vintage airplane. I think the small amount of condensation in your oil will evaporate when you car is brought up to temps. It is not like coolant being mixed in your oil. At least this is my opinion/understanding.
SCQTT is offline   Reply With Quote