follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 06-26-2012, 05:59 PM   #1
StarsGarrador
Gangnam Style Guru

Drives: Suzuki GSXF650, WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry I want my car >:( member rant thread.

I ordered about a week after they started taking orders, was still first at the dealership just had to make sure my job was set in stone. Praying I get it soon.. It didn't help that they got in a different BRZ already unspoken for and didn't call me to ask if I would like to switch to that one before they sold it..

Feel free to vent and post all the stuff you have had to deal with while waiting for your car.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:02 PM   #2
Zgrinch

Drives: 2013 Limited DGM BRZ
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
How many was your dealer allocated?

BRZGrincherhood
Zgrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:14 PM   #3
S2kphile
Resident HoneyBadger

Drives: Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
How bout your dealership telling you your BRZ is in and skipping prior engagements so you could pick up your car only to find out that it isn't the color you ordered and being told you have to wait because allocation is slim particular for your color choice. Yeah I don't have my Lighting RED BRZ-L yet.

Walk like a King, Be like a Sir, Swag it out like a Boss
S2kphile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:42 PM   #4
StarsGarrador
Gangnam Style Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zgrinch View Post
How many was your dealer allocated?
3, and I understand ordering from a higher volume dealer would have been better, just like(liked) this dealership when I ordered and had been talking to them about it for weeks. Just frustrating they way they did that to me. And since I put $2,500 down non refundable ( I know I know, but like I said I liked these guys at the time) I'm stuc waiting for them to get mine in instead of just driving aroun to get the car..
Old 06-26-2012, 06:44 PM   #5
StarsGarrador
Gangnam Style Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2kphile View Post
How bout your dealership telling you your BRZ is in and skipping prior engagements so you could pick up your car only to find out that it isn't the color you ordered and being told you have to wait because allocation is slim particular for your color choice. Yeah I don't have my Lighting RED BRZ-L yet.
I got a WRB BRZ-Limited and they pretty much said the same thing. However had they called me and said MY car was in and it was the color or some minor detail was off, all hell would have broken loose lol. I am sorry to hear that happened though. Hopefully our cars come in by July.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:56 PM   #6
Subie
Seņor Member

Drives: 2013 SSM DZE BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsGarrador View Post
It didn't help that they got in a different BRZ already unspoken for
Thank SoA for their moronic allocation system.
Subie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Subie For This Useful Post:
StarsGarrador (06-26-2012)
Old 06-26-2012, 07:02 PM   #7
chulooz
Registered you sir

Drives: 99 impreza coupe
Rookie move leaving two and a half grand as "nonrefundable"... no sympathy here. Good luck, youre stuck.
chulooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:41 PM   #8
StarsGarrador
Gangnam Style Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chulooz View Post
Rookie move leaving two and a half grand as "nonrefundable"... no sympathy here. Good luck, youre stuck.
I do not consider it a "rookie" move, I'm friends with quite a few of the guys at the dealership. I mostly hate the way Subaru handled pre-orders. Since they started making cars not pre-ordered while they had a giant list of preorders waiting. I bought my first car through this dealership when I was 16 and they helped me out greatly so when I decided to get the BRZ over the FR-S I went straight here. Non-refundable doesn't bother me when I have the cash to do so, it's more so me being disappointed in the system. Nice rhyme though, going to use it when my friends change their relationship status on Facebook
Old 06-27-2012, 07:42 AM   #9
Opie

Drives: '13 BRZ TLM Spec
Thanked 2,325 Times in 1,000 Posts
Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
I do not consider it a "rookie" move, I'm friends with quite a few of the guys at the dealership. I mostly hate the way Subaru handled pre-orders. Since they started making cars not pre-ordered while they had a giant list of preorders waiting. I bought my first car through this dealership when I was 16 and they helped me out greatly so when I decided to get the BRZ over the FR-S I went straight here. Non-refundable doesn't bother me when I have the cash to do so, it's more so me being disappointed in the system. Nice rhyme though, going to use it when my friends change their relationship status on Facebook
Sounds like your dealership is playing you since they have a non-refundable deposit. If you were truely first on their list the first car they received would've been yours as matching customer orders was SOA's top priority on the initial allocation. Since the first car that came in wasn't yours makes me believe they are holding your deposit hostage while they get other cars in to sell for a markup.

Our dealership has gotten 5 BRZ's and all matched the orders perfectly...according to Subaru, they met a 98% order fill accuracy on the first allocation (meaning of all the cars ordered by dealers, 98% matched the orders).
Old 06-27-2012, 10:40 AM   #10
StarsGarrador
Gangnam Style Guru

They sold the non preorder for msrp, no mark ups. A dealership got in a WRB BRZ unspoken for in Nashville but marked it up and wouldn't trade with my dealership. I just don't like Subaru sending cars not preordered and the people who did preorder are stuck wait listed still. Also my dealership didn't know they grey brz was coming but they should have called me when it got there
Old 06-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #11
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Drives: Stuff
Thanked 5,965 Times in 2,689 Posts
Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Quote:
They sold the non preorder for msrp, no mark ups. A dealership got in a WRB BRZ unspoken for in Nashville but marked it up and would trade with my dealership. I just don't like Subaru sending cars not preordered and the people who did preorder are stuck wait listed still. Also my dealership didn't know they grey brz was coming but they should have called me when it got there
I guess no one at your dealer checks the pipeline at all?
Tow: 2022 F-450
Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Parts: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited, 2005 Acura TSX
Projects: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited track car build
FS: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 LT CCSB 8.1/Allison with 99k miles
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:19 AM   #12
thill

Drives: 2020 SS1LE (previous 13 BRZ owner)
Thanked 1,463 Times in 802 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Just tell them you are unhappy with the way they are handling this situation and that you want them to tear up your check. If they refuse call your bank and put a stop payment on the check (they should not have cashed it) or tell them you will be getting a lawyer and just move on.

Dealerships are a dime a dozen..

And just to have some fun:

thill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:28 PM   #13
Turbowned

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Perf Pack 6MT
Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,150 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thill View Post
And just to have some fun:

Funny, that's exactly how I feel right now!

Current: 2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S 6MT
Previous: 2 BRZ's, 997 C2S, C5 RS6, C4 S6, B8 S4, GDB STi, S30 240Z, FC3S RX-7 TII, AW11/SW20 MR2, E30 318is/325i, etc.
Turbowned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:44 PM   #14
Zadkiel

Drives: CBS BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
I ordered about a week after they started taking orders, was still first at the dealership just had to make sure my job was set in stone. Praying I get it soon.. It didn't help that they got in a different BRZ already unspoken for and didn't call me to ask if I would like to switch to that one before they sold it..

Feel free to vent and post all the stuff you have had to deal with while waiting for your car.

Well if you aren't willing to drop everything and go across the country, you're whining and have no balls apparently. Not my thoughts on it.