follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 06-28-2012, 10:59 PM   #43
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,193 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rabble, rabble, rabble!

I hope all the preorders get their cars soon! :happy0180:
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:02 PM   #44
speedracer38

Drives: 2015 CWP Subaru BRZ Series.Blue
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
I ordered April 12th and drove my car home May 31st.....sorry to hear it has taken you guys such a long time to get a car! Subaru of New England did a fantastic job getting the allocations filled.
speedracer38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:25 AM   #45
r1eater

Drives: 370Z
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zadkiel View Post
So apparently 1 car represents the whole brand/manufacturer? Really? Just because a Corvette is awesome, that doesn't mean I can't dislike Chevy/GM as a whole? Just because the Viper is awesome, I can't dislike everything else Dodge/Chrysler produces(Yes, I'm aware the Viper is technically an "SRT" vehicle now)? That's what is laughable.
LOL thanks for making my point. One car doesnt represent the entire brand so why would you swear THE ENTIRE BRAND off because of the ordering process? hahahaha
r1eater is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to r1eater For This Useful Post:
huma (06-29-2012)
Old 06-29-2012, 08:21 AM   #46
Opie

Drives: '13 BRZ TLM Spec
Thanked 2,325 Times in 1,000 Posts
Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Garage
Here is what every dealer was told about the BRZ ordering process from the get go, if your dealer is telling you otherwise...they either ignored this or are doing it on purpose.

Memo #1 from SOA:
Quote:
BRZ Sold Orders to begin March 1st

FROM:Subaru of America, Inc.DEPARTMENT:SalesDATE:02/27/2012 CATEGORY: Veh Sales/Mktg
We would like to remind Subaru dealers that SOA will be opening the Sold Order system Thursday, March 1 at 9:00 EST to accept BRZ orders.

It is important dealers fully understand the order filling process as you submit your sold orders.

In summary, allocations for the 7 months May-November have been developed for each dealer. Fulfillment of a dealer’s allocation quantity will be spread basically pro-rata over the 7-month period and will not accelerate based on the number of sold orders submitted nor will it be reduced based on the number of sold orders other dealers submit.

The most important factor is for individual dealers to ensure their sold orders are submitted in the order with which they want them filled. SOA will look to fill the oldest sold order within a dealer’s allocation from the pool of cars available irrespective of when that order came in versus any other dealer’s order.

Regional Distribution Managers have communicated in detail the BRZ allocation program to the Zones and can help clarify with any questions you may still have regarding this process.
Paragraph #3 - "The most important factor is for individual dealers to ensure their sold orders are submitted in the order with which they want them filled." So if you are #1 on your dealers list and they have already gotten other cars they lied to you!

Memo #2:
Quote:
BRZ Sold Orders

FROM:Subaru of America, Inc.DEPARTMENT:SalesDATE:03/01/2012 CATEGORY: Veh Sales/Mktg
The BRZ sold order system is opening today at 9:00AM ET.
To assist with the process, here are a few Frequently Asked Questions answered:
·How many BRZ can I get?
Each dealer has an assigned allocation number for the launch period May – November
·How will my sold orders be filled?
SOA will try to fill sold orders on a "first in first out" prioritization of each individual dealerships assigned allocation quantity.
·What if I submit more than my allocation quantity?
Sold orders that are submitted that exceed the dealers allocation quantity will be accepted into the sold order system but are not expected to be filled during the May- November time frame.
·Should I cancel in the system a canceled customer sold order?
Yes! This is important. There is the possibility of greater cancellations as a result of neither Subaru or Scion releasing pricing. When orders are filled, the next order in your queue will filled. If that is for a canceled customer order and you have a “live” sold order customer waiting, it will not be the next. SOA will try to fill the earliest order if it is not canceled.
·How will I see these on the pipeline report?
All BRZ orders when entered will go on a hold status as wait listed. Orders will show NO delivery information, once we received confirmation that your vehicle is available from FHI it will be scheduled and you will see a delivery time.
·How was my allocation number developed?
Allocation quantities were based on 75% 2011 CY WRX/STI sales and 25% 2011 CY total car sales.
Who do I call if I have additional questions?
Please call your Subaru Regional Distribution Professional.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:15 PM   #47
Zadkiel

Drives: CBS BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1eater View Post
LOL thanks for making my point. One car doesnt represent the entire brand so why would you swear THE ENTIRE BRAND off because of the ordering process? hahahaha

Except the way you worded it was making an argument for the opposite. The way you said it was that the performance of this one car would make me rethink my position.