follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 10-05-2015, 09:37 AM   #1
Taaato

Drives: Grey Toyota 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Buddyclub Tail Lamp Problem!

Hey guys, first time posting and would appreciate any suggestions on this matter. I recently installed Buddyclub tail lights on my 86 along with the relay that came with it. What followed was the failure of my drls/low beams/high beams/indicators. Dash as well as my tails automatically light up when I start the car and all that's visible on the dash is that the high beams and fog lights are on despite the fact that I don't have either of them on. My guess is it has to do with the relay but I'm not quite sure. Hope you guys can help, thanks!
Taaato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 06:22 AM   #2
elBarto

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Try to switch back to stock flasher relay, if all is well ask for a new one (warrenty) or order the tapturn flasher relay.

send using mind controle
Old 10-06-2015, 07:01 AM   #3
Cole
Not a troll

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 5,399 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elBarto View Post
Try to switch back to stock flasher relay, if all is well ask for a new one (warrenty) or order the tapturn flasher relay.

send using mind controle
Your BCM is kill. That's going to be an expensive fix at the dealership.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 11:12 PM   #4
LED86

Drives: Black 86 GTS
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I think your friend messaged me on facebook. To me it sounds like one of your fuses is blown. For what reason Im not sure.

I would switch back to stock relay and see if that fixes anything.
If not then check the fuses in the fuse box under the steering wheel/pedal area. Check the back of the cover for the main ones like "tail, fog, DRL etc" pull them out and see if connection is broken. Replace with a suitable new fuse and if it blown again then something is shorting. Check wires on the tail light or any wiring you think may have been changed.
LED86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buddyclub taillights, failure, gt86, issue, relay