follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 12-03-2012, 04:34 PM   #1
Yruyur

Drives: Scion fr-s asphalt M/T
Thanked 1,631 Times in 941 Posts
Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool cop stories

So I'm going about 25 over the speed limit today on the freeway. The car in front of me finally gets out of my way so I punch it. Turns out there is a unmarked suv highway patrol about five car lengths ahead of him and in the next lane over. I fly by him. He speeds up so I figured it was just a regular catching up to look at the car. I have my windows down and he comes up right next to me. Taps his siren that freaks the shift out of me. I look over and we make eye contact. I slow and get behind him.

I'm just glad I didn't get a ticket today. He could have been a **** but instead just put me in my place.

Most of us don't like cops because they give us tickets. But they are just doing their jobs. Anyone have any stories?

Sent from my flux capacitor using Taptalk
Old 12-03-2012, 04:46 PM   #2
Celica00

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yruyur View Post
So I'm going about 25 over the speed limit today on the freeway. The car in front of me finally gets out of my way so I punch it. Turns out there is a unmarked suv highway patrol about five car lengths ahead of him and in the next lane over. I fly by him. He speeds up so I figured it was just a regular catching up to look at the car. I have my windows down and he comes up right next to me. Taps his siren that freaks the shift out of me. I look over and we make eye contact. I slow and get behind him.

I'm just glad I didn't get a ticket today. He could have been a **** but instead just put me in my place.

Most of us don't like cops because they give us tickets. But they are just doing their jobs. Anyone have any stories?

for the reasons they've given me tickets in my frs (3 to be exact), utter bull crap. doing their job would be to leave me alone if im not being dangerous or illegal. not giving me tickets as an excuse to brag about their 600 hp camaro.

i'm glad you got lucky though
Celica00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:05 PM   #3
Shagaliscious
Banned

Drives: Firestorm FR-S (MT)
Thanked 2,478 Times in 1,166 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
I've gotten lucky a few times, where I thought I would get pulled over, but didn't. The luckiest, I was doing 65-70 in a 45 zone, passed a cop...but there was way too much traffic behind me for the cop to pull out, dodged a bullet there. The only time a cop was cool, was when he marked my speed down to 40 in a 35 zone (was doing 50). He asked if I had any points on my license, I told him no sir, and he said we'll keep it that way.
Shagaliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shagaliscious For This Useful Post:
M-17 (12-04-2012), Yruyur (12-03-2012)
Old 12-03-2012, 07:14 PM   #4
ALbadboy

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited (WRB MT)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagaliscious View Post
I've gotten lucky a few times, where I thought I would get pulled over, but didn't. The luckiest, I was doing 65-70 in a 45 zone, passed a cop...but there was way too much traffic behind me for the cop to pull out, dodged a bullet there. The only time a cop was cool, was when he marked my speed down to 40 in a 35 zone (was doing 50). He asked if I had any points on my license, I told him no sir, and he said we'll keep it that way.
Well let's hope it stays that way because, once you get those first points, they just love adding more on.

I had the same experience the first time I was ever pulled over when I was 16, cop was cool and let me go with a warning doing 65 in a 50.
ALbadboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:25 PM   #5
travace

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yruyur View Post

its not the ticket that pisses me off. if i am speeding im willing to pay a ticket. its when the cops are total ****s to you for no reason. my last time pulled over the cop was not cool at all and was yelling at me and everything.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:57 PM   #6
SubieNate

Drives: 2013 FR-S Ultramarine
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
This one time, I went by a cop at 10 over and he didn't pull me over. Cool cop.

Non 86 related:

A couple years back I was out at Avila Beach with a group of friends doing some photography, and on the way home I made a right turn on a no right on red intersection RIGHT in front of a CHP. Didn't see the sign til I was halfway through the intersection and at that point there wasn't much I could do. Tried to turn off on the next street in the hopes that he wouldn't follow me. He did, and pulled me over. A friend of mine who's in law school was in the car with me and told me to tell him that I got off the main road so it would be safe when he pulled me over.

Cop: Where you headed?

Me: Just back to San Luis Obispo.

Cop: Then why did you turn here?

Me: I knew you were going to pull me over and I wanted it to be as safe as possible.

Cop: Okay, license and registration please.

Me: Yes Officer.

He goes back to his car, comes back a couple of minutes later.

Cop: Nathan, did you know that there was a warrant out for your arrest?

Me: deer in headlights.

Cop: I'm just kidding, have a nice afternoon and pay attention to the signs on your way home.

Me: Thank you officer, *nervous laugh*

Officer walks away.

My friends: BAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

It took a little while for me to really think that was funny.

Nathan
SubieNate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SubieNate For This Useful Post:
Giccin (12-04-2012), Guff (12-03-2012), kwood9000 (12-08-2012), M-17 (12-04-2012), RRnold (12-04-2012), Stevieray (12-03-2012), StOpNG0x (12-03-2012), whataboutbob (12-03-2012), Yruyur (12-03-2012)
Old 12-03-2012, 09:52 PM   #7
DeeezNuuuts83

Drives: 2006 Evo IX SE
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I was let off once by CHP for being in the carpool lane by myself... which is the easiest ticket they could give, but the guy was cool.

Ironically, I had applied for CHP the following year, and I did a ride along. We let go A LOT of people (the officer said he doesn't waste his time with people doing anything less than 80) while having issued several very legitimate tickets (people going 90+).
DeeezNuuuts83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:55 PM   #8
Xenocide117

Drives: 2008 Honda Fit Vivid Blue Pearl
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83 View Post
I was let off once by CHP for being in the carpool lane by myself... which is the easiest ticket they could give, but the guy was cool.

Ironically, I had applied for CHP the following year, and I did a ride along. We let go A LOT of people (the officer said he doesn't waste his time with people doing anything less than 80) while having issued several very legitimate tickets (people going 90+).
There is always a bigger fish they would rather bag. Going up the Grape Vine they will roar through traffic just putting the fear of god into people.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:59 PM   #9
Yruyur

Drives: Scion fr-s asphalt M/T
Thanked 1,631 Times in 941 Posts
Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubieNate View Post

Non 86 related:

A couple years back I was out at Avila Beach with a group of friends doing some photography, and on the way home I made a right turn on a no right on red intersection RIGHT in front of a CHP. Didn't see the sign til I was halfway through the intersection and at that point there wasn't much I could do. Tried to turn off on the next street in the hopes that he wouldn't follow me. He did, and pulled me over. A friend of mine who's in law school was in the car with me and told me to tell him that I got off the main road so it would be safe when he pulled me over.

Me: I knew you were going to pull me over and I wanted it to be as safe as possible.

Cop: I'm just kidding, have a nice afternoon and pay attention to the signs on your way home.

Officer walks away.

Nathan
Lol that's hilarious

Old 12-03-2012, 10:58 PM   #10
whataboutbob
AutoX-10/10ths every run

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S AT Firestorm
Thanked 1,842 Times in 1,001 Posts
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubieNate View Post

Non 86 related:

Officer walks away.

Nathan
HaHaHa, you got trolled by the po-po.

Thanks for sharing.

[ Delicioustuning | Counterspacegarage | RS-R USA | Cusco USA | SPL Parts | ACE Header | Stark Performance | Infinite Motion | Ciro Racing | Build thread:Here ]
[ GR Corolla Core in White w/LSDs on wish list ]
whataboutbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:15 AM   #11
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: Yaris HBK, Audi 09' TTS<Had>
Thanked 1,899 Times in 966 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I've got several stories..

First story was told to me by my friend. There was this guy he knew (from traffic school) that was pulled over roughly 6-8 times by the same cop and with the same citation. This man was driving in the carpool lane by himself with a big ass costco bear in his passenger seat.

The man argued that there was more than 1 in the car thus, he was allowed to use the carpool lane. Rofl.

Another story...
It was a couple years back when my younger sister decided to be a douche bag to my parents. I was upstairs at the time when I heard a bunch of shouting and screaming. My younger sister (I really hate her enough to not acknowledge her as my sister but I will do it here) decided to fight with my parents. It went from a shouting fight into a physical fight with my step mom apparently. There was blood on both parties and I was told to call the cops. So.. I call the cops and at night most cops will never be alone. They're in pairs. The first cop comes in forces my sister to sit down and he actually started scolding her and my parents were telling a story to him at the time.

Meanwhile the other officer was just hanging outside and I really dislike all the shouting when I'm studying for a class so I decided to leave. Well, as I went outside the other officer stopped me and we ended up chatting for a bit. He was asking where I was going and what was the problem in there. I explained and decided to leave because it was around midnight and I really needed sleep. So as I'm walking away he asks if he can take me on a date sometime. Lol Weird moment.

Another time was when I was driving and I was pulled over by city police. Well instead of giving me a ticket he asked me to go visit the Sergent in the city because the Sergent asked me to come in. Well.. I went in and his question was -- how to cook a certain Vietnamese dish. ._. True story.

Another time was when I was pulled over for speeding. I just told him I needed to pee really bad and he let me off. hah

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
Yashio Factory Pink adds +10HP to anything.
TOYOTA FT-86
Giccin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Giccin For This Useful Post:
M-17 (12-04-2012), meWant (12-04-2012), RRnold (12-04-2012)
Old 12-04-2012, 01:23 PM   #12
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 6,254 Times in 2,673 Posts
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giccin View Post
I've got several stories..

First story was told to me by my friend. There was this guy he knew (from traffic school) that was pulled over roughly 6-8 times by the same cop and with the same citation. This man was driving in the carpool lane by himself with a big ass costco bear in his passenger seat.

The man argued that there was more than 1 in the car thus, he was allowed to use the carpool lane. Rofl.

Another story...
It was a couple years back when my younger sister decided to be a douche bag to my parents. I was upstairs at the time when I heard a bunch of shouting and screaming. My younger sister (I really hate her enough to not acknowledge her as my sister but I will do it here) decided to fight with my parents. It went from a shouting fight into a physical fight with my step mom apparently. There was blood on both parties and I was told to call the cops. So.. I call the cops and at night most cops will never be alone. They're in pairs. The first cop comes in forces my sister to sit down and he actually started scolding her and my parents were telling a story to him at the time.

Meanwhile the other officer was just hanging outside and I really dislike all the shouting when I'm studying for a class so I decided to leave. Well, as I went outside the other officer stopped me and we ended up chatting for a bit. He was asking where I was going and what was the problem in there. I explained and decided to leave because it was around midnight and I really needed sleep. So as I'm walking away he asks if he can take me on a date sometime. Lol Weird moment.

Another time was when I was driving and I was pulled over by city police. Well instead of giving me a ticket he asked me to go visit the Sergent in the city because the Sergent asked me to come in. Well.. I went in and his question was -- how to cook a certain Vietnamese dish. ._. True story.

Another time was when I was pulled over for speeding. I just told him I needed to pee really bad and he let me off. hah
Not the craziest stories I've heard but very amusing. And did you know the Sarge before hand to make such a request or did the cop just randomly see some asian girl and assumes she must know how to cook a certain dish?

Education is Important, but Race Cars are more Importanter
M-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:37 PM   #13
TOMIMOTO

Drives: MY00 Impreza 2.5RS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Last edited by TOMIMOTO; 12-04-2012 at 10:52 PM.
TOMIMOTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:12 PM   #14
Shagaliscious
Banned

Drives: Firestorm FR-S (MT)
Thanked 2,478 Times in 1,166 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALbadboy View Post
Well let's hope it stays that way because, once you get those first points, they just love adding more on.

I had the same experience the first time I was ever pulled over when I was 16, cop was cool and let me go with a warning doing 65 in a 50.
Oh yea, i'm sure if I had points, he would've wrote it down as 50 in a 35 zone.

I actually forgot to add the funny part. When the cop was writing the ticket, he inadvertently honked his horn. When he got back to my car, he said "didn't you hear me honk my horn to tell you to get out of the car and put your hands on your head?" I shit my pants, looked at him with my eyes wide open and said "WHAT?" He started laughing and told me he was just joking. It's really funny looking back on it now, but it wasn't so funny when it happened.
Shagaliscious is offline   Reply With Quote