follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
BT, dpfarr

Old 11-16-2016, 02:53 PM   #1835
Silverfox

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ, Edelbrock SC, E-85
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatFlip View Post
I would guess throttle mapping? Although the throttle mapping on the CARB tune is very similar to stock, imho it feels a tad bit "softer". Going from the CARB tune to the DT tune, I was really surprised how "touchie" the throttle was. Great for spirited driving, a little too jerky for daily driving. I've gone used to it since, so I've been driving around with the DT tune.

I had the exact same experience. Now that I'm used to the Delicious tune it's a great DD/spirited run setup. Definitely took some time to get used too. Can't drive in sandals now though haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Silverfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 02:55 PM   #1836
CounterSpace Garage

Drives: Subaru BRZ / Toyota 86 Experts
Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox View Post
I had the exact same experience. Now that I'm used to the Delicious tune it's a great DD/spirited run setup. Definitely took some time to get used too. Can't drive in sandals now though haha.

"More responsive".
CounterSpace Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CounterSpace Garage For This Useful Post:
DeliciousTuning (11-16-2016), Silverfox (11-17-2016)
Old 11-16-2016, 06:00 PM   #1837
menikmati

Drives: 2015 BRZ, 2005 STI
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I'll look into getting a Delicious Tune if it'll definitely make throttle blipping easier.

I'm trying to see if I should go with their Edelbrock or FNG tune. I only plan on running 91 (although I do have the Delicious FF kit from being NA) since E85 would require larger injectors (and injector scaling on the tune), fuel pump, and possibly clutch.
menikmati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 07:15 PM   #1838
BigFatFlip
sleep, drive, eat, repeat

Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 Outback
Thanked 3,796 Times in 1,981 Posts
Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
I'll look into getting a Delicious Tune if it'll definitely make throttle blipping easier.

I'm trying to see if I should go with their Edelbrock or FNG tune. I only plan on running 91 (although I do have the Delicious FF kit from being NA) since E85 would require larger injectors (and injector scaling on the tune), fuel pump, and possibly clutch.
Why go FNG when they already have an edelbrock specific one? They will optimize it for what ever fuel you are running 91 or 93
BigFatFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 07:41 PM   #1839
CounterSpace Garage

Drives: Subaru BRZ / Toyota 86 Experts
Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:

PM us when ready.
CounterSpace Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 07:56 PM   #1840
menikmati

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatFlip View Post
Why go FNG when they already have an edelbrock specific one? They will optimize it for what ever fuel you are running 91 or 93
I've been seeing people going with FNG and was wondering why.

Is there a maximum ethanol percentage that can be used before having to upgrade injectors/fuel pump? If I don't get upgraded injectors and a fuel pump, I basically just have the Delicious FF hardware sitting my engine bay doing nothing.
Old 11-16-2016, 10:34 PM   #1841
menikmati

Found an anomaly that I was able to repeat:

In the parking lot at low speed (~10 MPH or less) in 2nd gear, if I push the clutch in and leave the gear shifter in 2nd, the RPMs will rise to 2-2.1K and hover there, but they immediately drop back down to idle when the gear shifter is pushed into the neutral position. This is all occurring while the clutch is depressed.

I was able to repeat this also with 3rd gear, traveling at around 30 MPH to make a turn into a complex and pushing the clutch in while leaving the gear shifter in 3rd had the same results.

When stopped, the RPMs are not affected by any of the gears when the clutch is pushed in.
Old 11-17-2016, 12:35 AM   #1842
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,177 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:

In the parking lot at low speed (~10 MPH or less) in 2nd gear, if I push the clutch in and leave the gear shifter in 2nd, the RPMs will rise to 2-2.1K and hover there, but they immediately drop back down to idle when the gear shifter is pushed into the neutral position. This is all occurring while the clutch is depressed.

I was able to repeat this also with 3rd gear, traveling at around 30 MPH to make a turn into a complex and pushing the clutch in while leaving the gear shifter in 3rd had the same results.

When stopped, the RPMs are not affected by any of the gears when the clutch is pushed in.
That's actually normal! It'll happen in the other gears too when you're rolling, although rpm and speed will vary.

It can also be turned into full blown automatic revmatching if you'd like.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 03:03 AM   #1843
Silverfox

Quote:

If you already have a flex fuel kit and plan on buying a DT tune I would just bite the extra few and go with larger injectors and a fuel pump. Once you have spent a few months on this kit running 91 you'll wish you had. It's plenty fun, but the desire for more power coupled with the fact that you already own the flex fuel kit will eat at you.

Old 11-17-2016, 10:34 AM   #1844
taiguy

Drives: 2013 Black BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:

Same behavior and coincidentally this is what's going on whenever my CEL gets thrown for a high idle. Normal idle while in neutral for me right now is 900-1000 RPM.
taiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 12:56 PM   #1845
menikmati

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
That's actually normal! It'll happen in the other gears too when you're rolling, although rpm and speed will vary.

It can also be turned into full blown automatic revmatching if you'd like.
Thanks for the input, Mike. I had no clue that it was normal operation. As soon as I saw the idle rise and hover, I immediately thought I had a vacuum leak of some sort.

Quote:
If you already have a flex fuel kit and plan on buying a DT tune I would just bite the extra few and go with larger injectors and a fuel pump. Once you have spent a few months on this kit running 91 you'll wish you had. It's plenty fun, but the desire for more power coupled with the fact that you already own the flex fuel kit will eat at you.

I have a feeling you might be correct on that.
Old 11-17-2016, 01:37 PM   #1846
Silverfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by taiguy View Post
Same behavior and coincidentally this is what's going on whenever my CEL gets thrown for a high idle. Normal idle while in neutral for me right now is 900-1000 RPM.

My idle normally sits at 900-1000 as well with my DT tune. On the CARB it was usually around 500-700.

Old 11-17-2016, 07:32 PM   #1847
taiguy

Drives: 2013 Black BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
My idle normally sits at 900-1000 as well with my DT tune. On the CARB it was usually around 500-700.

Can someone else chime in with what a "normal" idle should be with the CARB tune? Mine starts at 2k when the engine is cold and settles down to 900 once it's warm.
taiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 09:45 PM   #1848
paiceyfan

Drives: 2014 Porsche Cayman S
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Is there a normal idle? Mine is stock except for the SC and the idle bounces between 500 and 900 RPM constantly. I hope there are those whose idle is constant.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk