follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 05-23-2018, 02:01 PM   #631
DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Thanked 4,095 Times in 2,045 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I wanted to add in here,(I don't think a photo is necessary) the 2017+ catback fits onto the older gen BRZ/FRS. I just swapped my tired, rusted stock catback for a 2017 performance pack catback and everything likes up perfect. Axleback flange is notably different however.
DarkPira7e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 05:31 PM   #632
gpvecchi

Drives: Toyota 86 GT Limited PP (Model G)
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
I'm planning an ACE header and Fujitsubo front pipe: what catback do you suggest? The quietest, please...
gpvecchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 05:14 AM   #633
churchx

Drives: 2014 GT86
Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,436 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Usual set of stock/Q300/Ace Laguna?
churchx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 05:57 AM   #634
gpvecchi

Drives: Toyota 86 GT Limited PP (Model G)
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Thanks, I thought of Q300, but many said that it’s quite loud after break in...
Laguna has just center exit and stock sounds ugly when decatted..
gpvecchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 08:11 PM   #635
Chuckls
Moutain Runner

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
CNT V2 UEL
Stock OP/FP
GReddy Evo GT catback

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVDHzqcocKU]GReddy EvoGT catback on BRZ tS - YouTube[/ame]
Chuckls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 11:39 PM   #636
dika423

Drives: 2013 Premium BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hi 86 fam!

This is my setup:
- Tomei UEL header
- Nameless OP/FP combo, catless, with helmholtz resonator
- Corsa catback exhuast

This video shows a sound clip Pre and Post OFT stage 2 tune.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igQmTOTIVio&t=15s[/ame]
dika423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 02:53 PM   #637
mikeg7827

Drives: 1995 Ford Probe
Urgent Questions:

After researching here and on google, I am confused.

Is there a suitable equivalent to the Invidia Catless Resonated Front Pipe?

I see that Megan Racing has something similar, it just doesn't say that it is resonated but it has what looks like either a resonator or cat in the photos?

I attempted to purchase the Invidia N1 dual exhaust for my 19 BRZ and Invidia Catless resonated front pipe but the front pipe is sold out everywhere. I was just advised today it is on backorder and wont be available till late December or sometime in January.

What would you guys recommend as a suitable replacement for the catless resonated front pipe? Also is there a difference between auto Vs manual transmission for the front pipe?
mikeg7827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 03:12 PM   #638
Vital

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg7827 View Post
Urgent Questions:

After researching here and on google, I am confused.

Is there a suitable equivalent to the Invidia Catless Resonated Front Pipe?

I see that Megan Racing has something similar, it just doesn't say that it is resonated but it has what looks like either a resonator or cat in the photos?

I attempted to purchase the Invidia N1 dual exhaust for my 19 BRZ and Invidia Catless resonated front pipe but the front pipe is sold out everywhere. I was just advised today it is on backorder and wont be available till late December or sometime in January.

What would you guys recommend as a suitable replacement for the catless resonated front pipe? Also is there a difference between auto Vs manual transmission for the front pipe?
You can try the HKS Dual resonated front pipe or the 1320 dual resonated front pipe both are catless with dual resonators. There is not really any difference between a manual or auto trans front pipe, but just beware that there are certain front pipes that won't fit the Automatic transmission because the resonators or cats would interfere with the auto trans. Another thing you can look into is getting a High-Flow Cat front pipe. Berk has a high-flow cat front pipe that is reasonably priced.
Vital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 09:13 AM   #639
FRS_FIEND
Whats next?

Drives: '13 Asphalt FRS MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
[quote=FRS_FIEND;1602175]BORLA UEL HEADERS PERRIN OVERPIPE INVIDIA RESONATED FRONTPIPE AND INVIDIA Q300 CATBACK (FIRST CLIP) REMOVED THE AXLEBACK FOR FUN IN THE 2ND CLIP LOL WHAT THE HELL RIGHT

ps this was the catbacks first day also would love to say THIS IS A PERFECT DAILY SETUP. ZERO DRONE YUP cruising around youll forget you even have all the parts installed until you get on the throttle. absolutely love this setup my iPhones audio does not do it justice

[ame]http://youtu.be/lh4YHatiyQc[/ame]

I ENDED UP having a pro WELD MY FRONTPIPE TO MY MIDPIPE. i however installed all these parts myself heres a look up the skirt of my frs lol (at our autoshop on base)

Here's a 95+ mph fly by in Mexico

Here's cold start. I walk around the back so you can here the low rumble idle once it warms and calms down

Here's a slow drive by clip and quick rev clip sorry about the video quality audio sounds great though. My stocks were on because I deployed before being able to put on my new Michelin pilot super sports I put my Advans and michelins as soon as I got back, I've driven so little since I still have those Michelins now in 2018 lol

for our new 86 owners to see and hear!

Instagram: @angelb_af

Last edited by FRS_FIEND; 01-08-2019 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Additios
FRS_FIEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 08:54 PM   #640
AllThePeat

Drives: 2019 Autox BRZ & 2021 GTI (Daily)
Only have a cold start for now and a couple pics — Corsa Catback with Invidia Catless & Resonated Front Pipe

Super happy with the results...good amount of noise when on the loud pedal, but after the cold start she calms down and is very manageable sound wise. Turns heads when you are on it!! No rasp/drone

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7NmFqbidV1M[/ame]

2021 GTI | Daily

Last edited by AllThePeat; 04-30-2019 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Spelling
AllThePeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 07:07 PM   #641
Chuckls
Moutain Runner

Drives: BRZ
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoWV__8EO98[/ame]
Chuckls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 08:21 PM   #642
Glitchy86

Drives: Red 86
Hey guys hopefully I'm in the right thread.

I'm saving up to get a catback in a month or two.

I like deep sound exhaust I have been watching so many videos of different catbacks and has narrow it down to these 3.

Greddy evo gt
Invidia N2
Borla S (something not sure about the name)

I know the sound on the video on YT are not very accurate and sadly not many 86's around where I live (Saudi Arabia).

Based of YT videos I like the Greddy's sound the most but I'm so afraid about how low the exhaust is. I'll be installing new wheels and will be installing the Eibach pro kit. Will the Greddy evo gt be scraping every where I go? Or it won't be that much of a difference with 1" drop. I'm worried the most about angled "roads" like going up in the parking lot....etc.

As for the Invidia N2 I'm not sure if the sound of it is very deep like the greddy or borla, some videos shows it as a deep sounding exhaust and some not. If you have one or heard one pls share your thoughts.

Finally the Borla which I like how deep the sound of it but it seems very quiet from the videos I've seen, again if you have one or heard one IRL please share your thoughts.

Your help is appreciated, Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Glitchy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 08:25 PM   #643
kev0

Drives: '14
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchy86 View Post
Hey guys hopefully I'm in the right thread.

I'm saving up to get a catback in a month or two.

I like deep sound exhaust I have been watching so many videos of different catbacks and has narrow it down to these 3.

Greddy evo gt
Invidia N2
Borla S (something not sure about the name)

I know the sound on the video on YT are not very accurate and sadly not many 86's around where I live (Saudi Arabia).

Based of YT videos I like the Greddy's sound the most but I'm so afraid about how low the exhaust is. I'll be installing new wheels and will be installing the Eibach pro kit. Will the Greddy evo gt be scraping every where I go? Or it won't be that much of a difference with 1" drop. I'm worried the most about angled "roads" like going up in the parking lot....etc.

As for the Invidia N2 I'm not sure if the sound of it is very deep like the greddy or borla, some videos shows it as a deep sounding exhaust and some not. If you have one or heard one pls share your thoughts.

Finally the Borla which I like how deep the sound of it but it seems very quiet from the videos I've seen, again if you have one or heard one IRL please share your thoughts.

Your help is appreciated, Thanks in advance.

If a deep, throaty sounding exhaust is waht you're looking for, then you should look at the MXP Comp RS, R400 and Dezod.
kev0 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kev0 For This Useful Post:
Glitchy86 (08-23-2019)
Old 08-23-2019, 08:28 PM   #644
Glitchy86

Drives: Red 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev0 View Post
If a deep, throaty sounding exhaust is waht you're looking for, then you should look at the MXP Comp RS, R400 and Dezod.
MXP comp RS are really loud aren't they? I heard they are the loudest with the Invidia N1. I don't want something that is screaming loud tbh.

I will look at videos for the R400 and the Dezod.

Thanks for the help.

Glitchy86 is offline   Reply With Quote