follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 10-29-2011, 05:05 PM   #57
tcseacliff

Drives: scion TC
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
What's wrong with Pioneer? I use Pioneer all the time, in all of my cars when I buy a new headunit. Never had a single problem, and I get good audio quality with them.

If you'd stop complaining for a second and look at what you'd actually be getting for 20-25K then you should be pretty impressed. Replace the seats if you aren't happy with them, add a steerig wheel with audio controls if you aren't happy not having them... replace the headunit if you aren't happy with it. If there are too many things you need to replace because you aren't happy with them, then don't buy the car! Simple as that.
Hey, pal. they are only opinions, they are like aholes , we all have them and some of them stink! just sayin. and I still would like them to offer better seats that's all what is wrong with having a wish list? lighten up!
tcseacliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:07 PM   #58
tcseacliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranzformer View Post
No audio mounted controls on the wheel. This is a true drivers car. Don't need that crap on there. And no leather either, why would you want to slide all over your seat while at the track?
you are right, but I was not planning on that kind of driving, I like leather for the feel and cleaning. and I got used to the controls , but not a deal breaker , for sure looks awesome as is!
Old 10-29-2011, 05:08 PM   #59
Spaceywilly
ZC6A2B82KC7J

Drives: 2002 WRX
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
+1 for Pioneer. Have used tons of Pioneer gear and it has always been great.

Straights are for fast cars. Turns are for fast drivers.
Spaceywilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:09 PM   #60
Jah1mon

Drives: s13 240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranzformer View Post
No audio mounted controls on the wheel. This is a true drivers car. Don't need that crap on there. And no leather either, why would you want to slide all over your seat while at the track?
Agree and Agree. There are so few cars nowadays where you find this happening.
Jah1mon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:10 PM   #61
tcseacliff

was not totally unhappy ,but with my sirius account most of the info was always cut off . sound is good , though.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:16 PM   #62
Snaps
Supra Owner

Drives: 1995 Toyota Supra UK Spec
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcseacliff View Post
Hey, pal. they are only opinions, they are like aholes , we all have them and some of them stink! just sayin. and I still would like them to offer better seats that's all what is wrong with having a wish list? lighten up!
I am lightened up I wasn't meaning to come across aggressive btw.

It's just there have been (and will continue to be) so many noobs expecting far too much from this car at the price it is at (people expecting it to be turbo, 4WD, STi version, Leather, Nav w/ 6-disc CD changer, Supra successor, etc.) and everyone that has been here for more than a couple of months is getting absolutely sick of it. There is a search, but no-one new seems to use it to actually learn about the car before hurredly posting thier opinions on what it should be and what it isn't.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:21 PM   #63
quik1987

Drives: Bugatti Veyron
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
The stereo in the mule is by JBL. Similar to many other Toyota stereos.
quik1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:23 PM   #64
sfwg

Drives: 2007 saturn ion(dd)
Quote:

It's just there have been (and will continue to be) so many noobs expecting far too much from this car at the price it is at (people expecting it to be turbo, 4WD, STi version, Leather, Nav w/ 6-disc CD changer, Supra successor, etc.) and everyone that has been here for more than a couple of months is getting absolutely sick of it. There is a search, but no-one new seems to use it to actually learn about the car before hurredly posting thier opinions on what it should be and what it isn't.
i got a warning yesterday for yelling at someone cause they asked for a turbo lol it just gets frustrating. but o well and this is a forum its like the search button is invisible to most. should put google on it then some ppl may use it lol
sfwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:26 PM   #65
Spaceywilly
ZC6A2B82KC7J

Drives: 2002 WRX
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwg View Post
i got a warning yesterday for yelling at someone cause they asked for a turbo lol it just gets frustrating. but o well and this is a forum its like the search button is invisible to most. should put google on it then some ppl may use it lol
Get used to it. Every time there is a new news article about the car, there will be a wave of new people with the same old "it should be turbo/awd" comments. I think it's best to just ignore them.

Straights are for fast cars. Turns are for fast drivers.
Spaceywilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:28 PM   #66
sfwg

Drives: 2007 saturn ion(dd)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceywilly View Post
Get used to it. Every time there is a new news article about the car, there will be a wave of new people with the same old "it should be turbo/awd" comments. I think it's best to just ignore them.
ya guess im slowly learning to lol
Old 10-29-2011, 05:29 PM   #67
Snaps
Supra Owner

Drives: 1995 Toyota Supra UK Spec
Haha agreed It just gets to me too haha. I'm on about 5 forums, have been for 3 years. At first I hardly posted, just searched for all of the things I wasn't sure about. Then when I couldn't find what I was looking for, I searched some more... AFTER that I posted to get the answer.

Sure, I made some nooby mistakes, but at least I tried to look for the information first. A lot of the people I see join here just post a new thread, often reposting information that would easily be found via searching.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:07 PM   #68
tcseacliff

Quote:

you are right, I should have searched first. i am a noob to this site but not to driving. after owning a few tc;'s was just voicing an opinion based on the photo's. I know I should/could change what I don't like, was just hoping for a little more variety when I go for a new one. did not think to search first for my opinions,and was not trying to p*ss you guys off. sorry. it is good for the price.

Last edited by tcseacliff; 10-29-2011 at 06:10 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-29-2011, 06:11 PM   #69
Leeky
3S-GTE Junky

Drives: Toyota Celica GT-Four ST205
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
There's a ton of car w that setup. For good example from Toyota is Altezza
Which want you want? Analog (left) or Digital (right)? lol
Given the choice i'd have digital. I miss the days of the 80's digital speedo/rev counter that you used to get in the MK2 Supra and the MK3 Soarer.
Leeky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 06:47 PM   #70
Godzilla35

Drives: Nissan GT-R
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I like having my speed visible in multiple areas...
I have it displaying in 3 places in my GT-R...
The way I figure, is that it's better to know how fast you're going without having to change your "angle of view" too much... and digital is easier to read than the analog on the GT-R. We made a joke that if we were ever pulled over in the GT-R, we'd just say the gauges are impossible to read (notice how 60 is almost at 6-7 o'clock! lol)

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-20...-1920x1440.jpg
Godzilla35 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brz forum, brz forums, brz interior, fr-s forum, fr-s forums, fr-s interior, frs forum, frs forums, frs interior, ft-86 interior, interior, scion fr-s forum, scion fr-s forums, scion fr-s interior, scion frs forum, scion frs forums, subaru brz forum, subaru brz forums, subaru brz interior, toyota ft-86 forum, toyota ft-86 forums, toyota ft-86 interior