follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 08-24-2017, 10:34 PM   #43
BaatLuk

Drives: Evo X
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotsureaboutbrz View Post
It's The first and only special edition that provides a performance improvement... pre Ts
I get that, which is nice. However, it just seems that for some reason (probably people don't like the color?), they are selling slow, maybe even slower than Limited with PP. Only 500 started selling early this year (March?), 5-6 months later there are still 40+ sitting in dealer lots.
BaatLuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 11:07 PM   #44
NeverInTime

Drives: '17 BRZ PP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
For those who are shopping for a Series.Yellow, dealers are starting to get anxious. I had a short and to the point phone call today with a Subaru Internet Sales person from a SoCal dealer where they said; "We just want to get rid of these (Series.Yellows). They're sitting on our lot, and the next model years are coming." I didn't even ask about the Series.Yellows, they just offered a price right when I said I was looking for a BRZ.

Given the number of these cars still around (there's a dealer down here that has 3 on the lot for some reason), I think there's a pretty high chance that someone can get a solid deal (around 1k below invoice) on one of these cars closer to the end of the year.
NeverInTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 05:44 PM   #45
BaatLuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverInTime View Post
For those who are shopping for a Series.Yellow, dealers are starting to get anxious. I had a short and to the point phone call today with a Subaru Internet Sales person from a SoCal dealer where they said; "We just want to get rid of these (Series.Yellows). They're sitting on our lot, and the next model years are coming." I didn't even ask about the Series.Yellows, they just offered a price right when I said I was looking for a BRZ.

Given the number of these cars still around (there's a dealer down here that has 3 on the lot for some reason), I think there's a pretty high chance that someone can get a solid deal (around 1k below invoice) on one of these cars closer to the end of the year.
Wow that's the kind of honesty rarely seen with dealers! How much did they offer to sell it to you? I still haven't been able to replicate the deal that someone from Houston got ($26.3k) over a month ago. I don't know if SoCal dealers are greedier or the cost of doing business in CA is really that much higher.

At this point, what would you guys do? Get a great deal on a Series.Yellow or order a MY18 WRB/CWP Limited with PP? The only thing I like about MY18 is Carplay.
Old 08-25-2017, 07:43 PM   #46
NeverInTime

Drives: '17 BRZ PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaatLuk View Post
Wow that's the kind of honesty rarely seen with dealers! How much did they offer to sell it to you? I still haven't been able to replicate the deal that someone from Houston got ($26.3k) over a month ago. I don't know if SoCal dealers are greedier or the cost of doing business in CA is really that much higher.

At this point, what would you guys do? Get a great deal on a Series.Yellow or order a MY18 WRB/CWP Limited with PP? The only thing I like about MY18 is Carplay.
They 28.8k over the phone as the initial offer, but I'm sure you can walk in and haggle pretty easily. These cars aren't moving off the lots anytime soon, so I would just wait a month or two longer. I personally don't care for the '18 model changes, since I'm going to be using a phone mount anyways. No HU is going to be as fast/convenient as my phone, and I prefer Waze to any built-in car navigation for LA traffic.

CA just has stronger demand for this kind of car if I had to guess, so dealers here seem to be a bit more stubborn. Here we have lots of good roads (PCH, canyons, etc.), good weather, and a decent number of track events in the states, so it make sense that demand would be stronger here.
NeverInTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 01:47 PM   #47
iluvdrt

Drives: 2017 Series.yellow
Im in SoCal and got my Series.Yellow in April. I saw it had to have it. The yellow paint with the red Brembos makes it look like a much fancier car than it is. It draws a lot of attention every where it goes, and we really enjoy driving it. Even bone stock at Cars and Coffee meets it gathers a crowd.

As far as resale goes, we never intended on reselling it, but I imagine if you live in an area where everyone has to have flashy things and be ahead of the Jones, I think it will do quite well.

I love everything about mine (except the yellow door handles) and we have almost 7,000 miles on it now. Its a super fun car to beat on, and people definitely notice it. If I am behind them, lots of people pull over to let me pass, even though I am not speeding or anything lol. Only car I have ever had where people just pull over LOL
iluvdrt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iluvdrt For This Useful Post:
BaatLuk (08-29-2017), Drambeenie (08-28-2017)
Old 08-28-2017, 02:21 PM   #48
Nakioki

Drives: 2017 BRZ WR Blue - Performance
I was just at Timmon's Subaru on Saturday getting my first brz maintenance. They had a series yellow sitting in the showroom ...

Before I ordered my wrb perf. package I was looking into the yellow at same price. At that time I haven't seen the actual color in person. So I was torn between the color I really wanted WRB or the series yellow cause I did dig yellow and it's a color I've never owned.

In the end, as I always tell myself "stick to the plan" (cause whenever I don't I always regret it in which I never learned). I stuck with WRB and being my 4th subie I've always wanted to own WRB and stay to the true subaru color lol.

Although when it was time to pick up my wrb. The dealer told me they had the series yellow in the lot...
Nakioki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 07:28 PM   #49
MincerRay

Drives: 2017 BRZ Series.Yellow
Funny - I went the opposite way. I had s deposit on a WRB with PP for a really great price. I went and looked at the Series.Yellow at a different dealer (they had 4 at the time!). I immediately loved the yellow color with black accents. I decided to stick to the plan, but the yellow kept speaking to me (I had taken pictures so kept looking at them!). I went in two more times to look at the yellow car. One of the times I got the dealer down to $1700 below invoice, which was a good deal, but not as good as the WRB I had on order.

About a week before the WRB was due to come in, I said hell with it and decided to go with the yellow, and I'm glad i did! I do LOVE the WRB color, but I love this yellow combo and the rarity of it. I also love the yellow accents in the interior.

-steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakioki View Post
I was just at Timmon's Subaru on Saturday getting my first brz maintenance. They had a series yellow sitting in the showroom ...

Before I ordered my wrb perf. package I was looking into the yellow at same price. At that time I haven't seen the actual color in person. So I was torn between the color I really wanted WRB or the series yellow cause I did dig yellow and it's a color I've never owned.

In the end, as I always tell myself "stick to the plan" (cause whenever I don't I always regret it in which I never learned). I stuck with WRB and being my 4th subie I've always wanted to own WRB and stay to the true subaru color lol.

Although when it was time to pick up my wrb. The dealer told me they had the series yellow in the lot...
Old 08-29-2017, 01:19 PM   #50
Nakioki

Drives: 2017 BRZ WR Blue - Performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by MincerRay View Post
Funny - I went the opposite way. I had s deposit on a WRB with PP for a really great price. I went and looked at the Series.Yellow at a different dealer (they had 4 at the time!). I immediately loved the yellow color with black accents. I decided to stick to the plan, but the yellow kept speaking to me (I had taken pictures so kept looking at them!). I went in two more times to look at the yellow car. One of the times I got the dealer down to $1700 below invoice, which was a good deal, but not as good as the WRB I had on order.

About a week before the WRB was due to come in, I said hell with it and decided to go with the yellow, and I'm glad i did! I do LOVE the WRB color, but I love this yellow combo and the rarity of it. I also love the yellow accents in the interior.

-steve
there are no wrong choice between the two. Congrats on the yellow. I've always thought about "what could have been" ... how knows, if i got the yellow I would probably kicking myself for wrb... either way, I'd love to own both colors at once.
Nakioki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 01:39 PM   #51
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,587 Times in 2,929 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I have no regrets on the Yellow. I almost bought red as well, but the Series.Yellow that was there had all the accessories checked off... so yeah.

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 02:05 PM   #52
Veloist

Drives: ‘93 MR2, ‘22 GR86, ‘23 GR Corolla
Thanked 1,713 Times in 668 Posts
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Last week I checked the nationwide inventory...there are about 54 Series.Yellows left so 90% have already been purchased, which is pretty good considering it came out 6 months ago.

Compared to the HyperBlue, 6 months after first hitting the lots, there were less than 10 available.
Old 08-29-2017, 05:59 PM   #53
BaatLuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakioki View Post

You live in Torrance, any particular reason you go to Timmon's instead of Pacific?

On the other hand, it seems now the Series.Yellow can be had for about the same or less as a MY17 Limited w/ PP even though MSRP for the Series.Yellow is about $700 more. I am debating whether to pull the trigger on a Series.Yellow now or wait to order a MY18 Limited w/ PP. Goal is to get the best deal and timing is a non issue as I don't need a car right now. Thoughts anyone?
Old 08-29-2017, 06:24 PM   #54
imnotsureaboutbrz

Drives: between cars...
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaatLuk View Post
On the other hand, it seems now the Series.Yellow can be had for about the same or less as a MY17 Limited w/ PP even though MSRP for the Series.Yellow is about $700 more. I am debating whether to pull the trigger on a Series.Yellow now or wait to order a MY18 Limited w/ PP. Goal is to get the best deal and timing is a non issue as I don't need a car right now. Thoughts anyone?
Frankly speaking unless yellow is your favorite color, I would get the MY18 Just so I could have Apple Car Play from the factory. Next spring I'm changing the Head unit on my car and its gonna cost me $800 or so. So it depends on your preference.
imnotsureaboutbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 09:36 PM   #55
BaatLuk

Quote:
Frankly speaking unless yellow is your favorite color, I would get the MY18 Just so I could have Apple Car Play from the factory. Next spring I'm changing the Head unit on my car and its gonna cost me $800 or so. So it depends on your preference.
Great point! Carplay is actually the reason I haven't pulled the trigger on a MY17. I knew it'd be on MY18 about 2 months ago, so I held off my shopping. But then the yellow started to grow on me...
Old 08-29-2017, 10:24 PM   #56
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,587 Times in 2,929 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
I was thinking about doing the same and buying one of the MY18 head units too

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote