follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List
go_a_way1, MisterSheep

Old 12-06-2018, 11:35 PM   #20133
Ashikabi

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 4,542 Times in 2,947 Posts
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impureclient View Post
I had the rocket bunny kit with wing, wider wheels and tires, etc. all in the cart online ready to buy to fix this trunk light problem but then I just bought the switch instead.
I am disappoint.
Ashikabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 05:48 PM   #20134
RickyBobby

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S AT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fx1mark View Post
Nice Install. Have you had a problem with leaving your trunk open?
you could have just installed a led bulb and it should easily burn all night without draining the battery.
I got tired of recharging the battery after hitting the open trunk button on my key FOB.
Installed this LED bulb: https://www.amazon.com/SYLVANIA-Dayt.../dp/B01A77S8TU If you need a 2 pack it's $15.99 at O'Reilly.

No problems now starting the car after leaving the trunk open ON or longer.
RickyBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 06:39 PM   #20135
Impureclient
Banned

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Thanked 2,903 Times in 1,282 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyBobby View Post
I got tired of recharging the battery after hitting the open trunk button on my key FOB.
Installed this LED bulb: https://www.amazon.com/SYLVANIA-Dayt.../dp/B01A77S8TU If you need a 2 pack it's $15.99 at O'Reilly.

No problems now starting the car after leaving the trunk open ON or longer.
This is what I have in there that does kill the battery overnight(maybe 2-3 nights since I wasn't paying attention to exact how long the car sat for). Sometimes I don't drive it for a couple days at a time.
They are in the trunk and dome light and very bright but downside is if left on the battery drain thing.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Impureclient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 10:59 PM   #20136
Face_Plant

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
In celebration of finally getting my license back after being screwed by my doctor and the DMV, I gave my car a nice thorough wash, wax, and vacuuming, then finally aligned my HIDs.

The cutoff on these is amazing
Face_Plant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Face_Plant For This Useful Post:
Conman (12-09-2018), RToyo86 (12-09-2018)
Old 12-09-2018, 02:03 PM   #20137
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,816 Times in 16,425 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face_Plant View Post
In celebration of finally getting my license back after being screwed by my doctor and the DMV, …...
Congratulations on getting your license back -

I missed your story, what is it? -

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
Face_Plant (12-10-2018)
Old 12-09-2018, 05:05 PM   #20138
RToyo86

Drives: 17 Asphalt 86
Thanked 2,214 Times in 1,131 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
I picked up a car wash pass for winter season. I found a nice salt colored 86 today.

RToyo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 08:14 PM   #20139
Face_Plant

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Congratulations on getting your license back -

I missed your story, what is it? -

humfrz
What story? Story of why they took it?
Old 12-09-2018, 10:46 PM   #20140
humfrz

Quote:
What story? Story of why they took it?
Well, yes, why they took it, if you feel like sharing - if not, that's OK -

humfrz
Old 12-10-2018, 12:15 AM   #20141
Face_Plant

Garage
Quote:
Well, yes, why they took it, if you feel like sharing - if not, that's OK -

humfrz
I have partial complex seizures. They're not the kind where you fall on the floor and wiggle around. I just sort of "space out" for a minute or two and have no recollection of the event. I had one of those back in March, which was especially frustrating because it was about 2 or 3 weeks after getting my FR-S, so I only got to drive it a few times before having to park it in the garage

Here in Maryland if you have any kind of medical condition that could hinder your ability to drive "safely" you have to report to the Medical Advisory Board when/if you have any incidents. I saw my doctor to get my meds adjusted, so he automatically did it for me. After they get the report they mail you an intimidating letter telling you to go to the MVA immediately to hand in your license. If you're incident free for 3 months, then you can have the doctor fill out a form and the Medical Advisory Board will review your case and let you know if they've approved you to drive again or not.

I was fine until the two month mark when I had another one around the end of May, so my 3 month requirement started all over again. I was finally 3 months seizure free at the end of August and my doctor happily agreed to fill out and fax the paperwork to get my license back. While discussing an upcoming appointment he flip floped and decided that he wanted to wait an extra 3 months before faxing in my paperwork, which REALLY pissed me off. After arguing with him for almost 2 weeks he finally faxed in the form.

3 more months go by and I still hadn't heard anything from the Medical Advisory Board. I called them a few times to see what was up since I usually get a letter in about 3-4 weeks, but this time it was taking much longer than usual (probably because they're an evil bureaucracy that gets off on making people suffer). I finally received a call this past Tuesday notifying me that I was cleared to drive again, so I went up to the MVA on Saturday and got my license back. I have a feeling my scumbag doctor had something to do with the extra time it took since he's a jerk.

The problem with the Medical Advisory Board is they lump people who get DUI's and stuff into the program. The MVA's thinking is if someone decides to drive home drunk, they must be addicted to alcohol, and since the general consensus is that addiction is a disease, these people have medical condition too and need to be approved by the board. The board only meets when they feel like it (usually once or twice a month) and there's probably hundreds of alcohol related cases and only a few actual medical related ones, so I get screwed pretty bad if I have to get reviewed. I can understand making alcoholics wait the extra 3 months since they're genuinely putting people at risk, but why me? I think it's unfair since I wasn't driving home after drinking 13 beers or smokin' dope with my homies. I've never had a seizure while driving and my only accident was 8 years ago when I hit a patch of ice driving home from school in a snowstorm, so I'd say I'm a pretty low risk driver.

Background about me: I'm very involved with the whole hardcore gym meat head/bodybuilding lifestyle stuff and like anyone else who's at least semi-serious about going to the gym I was using dietary supplements from GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, etc. I'd been using the same supplements for years without problems, but I guess one of them must have changed their formula or added something naughty because my seizures stopped completely after throwing them away. Dietary supplements aren't controlled or tested by the FDA, so manufacturers can put whatever they want in them without mentioning it in the ingredients list with no legal repercussions.

Being driven around by my parents, friends, and co-workers is very embarrassing and it sucks having to live your life around someone else's schedule. It's hard to have the confidence to do stuff like go up to that attractive girl at work and ask her out because she'll probably ask, "What time are you picking me up?" and my response would have to be, "My mom will drive me over to get you around 6".... Hopefully I'll never have to deal with this shit again.

Last edited by Face_Plant; 12-10-2018 at 02:40 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Face_Plant For This Useful Post:
Clipdat (12-10-2018), ermax (12-12-2018), humfrz (12-10-2018), RallySport (12-10-2018), RToyo86 (12-10-2018)
Old 12-10-2018, 01:32 AM   #20142
humfrz

Quote:
I have partial complex seizures. They're not the kind where you fall on the floor and wiggle around. I just sort of "space out" for a minute or two and have no recollection of the event...
Oh, that's too bad -

Well, I sure do hope your condition can be successfully treated and/or managed.

humfrz
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
Face_Plant (12-10-2018)
Old 12-10-2018, 02:25 AM   #20143
Face_Plant

Garage
Quote:
Oh, that's too bad -

Well, I sure do hope your condition can be successfully treated and/or managed.

humfrz
Thanks! Medication can be been successful as long as I get enough sleep, don't buy any risky supplements from GNC, etc.

While I'm here I might as well share what I did to my car today: I flashed the OFT v2.076 stage 2 UEL 93 tune. I've seen a few posts where people preferred the v2 tunes over v4, so I wanted to see how it compared to what I was using. I've only put about 15 miles on it, but so far I prefer it over the v4.03 stage 2 plus tune.
The Following User Says Thank You to Face_Plant For This Useful Post:
humfrz (12-10-2018)
Old 12-10-2018, 08:21 AM   #20144
StraightOuttaCanadaEh
Wes

Drives: Artisan Spirits '17 86
Thanked 1,674 Times in 994 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Thanks! Medication can be been successful as long as I get enough sleep, don't buy any risky supplements from GNC, etc.

While I'm here I might as well share what I did to my car today: I flashed the OFT v2.076 stage 2 UEL 93 tune. I've seen a few posts where people preferred the v2 tunes over v4, so I wanted to see how it compared to what I was using. I've only put about 15 miles on it, but so far I prefer it over the v4.03 stage 2 plus tune.
What supplement were you suspecting?
Old 12-10-2018, 10:55 AM   #20145
Stephen W.

Drives: 1993 Caterham HPC Evo
Thanked 2,448 Times in 964 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
I have partial complex seizures. < snip >

They also call these, focal impaired awareness seizures. I thought your screen name may have been linked to "Drinking" but now I see the real humour in it. Welcome to the club! In the spring of 1986, after decades of being misdiagnosed, I suffered a grand mal seizure at work. I bounced my face of a large, heavy wooden crate and then the wooden pallet it was on before hitting the floor. My face still hurts when I think about that day.
Back then in Ontario I had to be seizure free for two years on the same medical program. If they changed the prescriptions, dosages or anything else the clock started over.
I too had just taken deliver of a new vehicle, a 1986 Honda NS400R that I prepped for production class road racing. Funny part of it was that I didn't need my driver's licence to race, just my race license.

I was lucky in that I walked or bicycled to work as part of my personal training regime. When we moved out of town in 1988 I road in and home again with the wife. I had a second round of heal-n-toe express in the early 90's when the doctors were playing with my dosages. However, my doctor reported it as a slight hiccup and I was back driving in less than six months.
I've been seizure free ever since. Although, I have to have regular blood work done to verify my med levels and see my doctor every three months to keep my license.
I have mixed feelings about the medical profession as well as the government run systems here. Some are good, some are far from it. But, I've had multiple surgeries for cancers, heart disease, I'm on about a dozen different meds and... I'm still here enjoying life. I guess I shouldn't bitch too much, eh?
Stephen W. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephen W. For This Useful Post:
Face_Plant (12-10-2018), humfrz (12-10-2018)
Old 12-10-2018, 12:49 PM   #20146
Face_Plant

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanadaEh View Post
What supplement were you suspecting?
I suspect it was the pre-workout. They're known for having insane amounts of caffeine (300+ mg per serving) which could have been a trigger. Quite a few have been pulled from the market for being downright dangerous or having illegal/dangerous secret ingredients. Now I just drink a cup of coffee instead and that's good enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen W. View Post
They also call these, focal impaired awareness seizures. I thought your screen name may have been linked to "Drinking" but now I see the real humour in it. Welcome to the club! In the spring of 1986, after decades of being misdiagnosed, I suffered a grand mal seizure at work. I bounced my face of a large, heavy wooden crate and then the wooden pallet it was on before hitting the floor. My face still hurts when I think about that day.
Back then in Ontario I had to be seizure free for two years on the same medical program. If they changed the prescriptions, dosages or anything else the clock started over.
I too had just taken deliver of a new vehicle, a 1986 Honda NS400R that I prepped for production class road racing. Funny part of it was that I didn't need my driver's licence to race, just my race license.

I was lucky in that I walked or bicycled to work as part of my personal training regime. When we moved out of town in 1988 I road in and home again with the wife. I had a second round of heal-n-toe express in the early 90's when the doctors were playing with my dosages. However, my doctor reported it as a slight hiccup and I was back driving in less than six months.
I've been seizure free ever since. Although, I have to have regular blood work done to verify my med levels and see my doctor every three months to keep my license.
I have mixed feelings about the medical profession as well as the government run systems here. Some are good, some are far from it. But, I've had multiple surgeries for cancers, heart disease, I'm on about a dozen different meds and... I'm still here enjoying life. I guess I shouldn't bitch too much, eh?
Wow, 2 years is a ridiculous amount of time to go without driving. I'm sure glad I don't live in Canada! My username actually came from that show Top Gear (the UK version with Jeremy Clarkson). They had an episode where they brought in fans from their forum to help them with some of their antics and one of their usernames was "faceplant". Since this is a car forum it makes me think of Top Gear and that scene came to mind while making my account. The name seemed fitting since I did quite a few faceplants into the snow when my buddy was teaching me how to snowboard.

I do agree that being under the government's thumb is not fun, but luckily here in Maryland if you remain seizure free for a few years then they sort of "forget" about you and stop sending paperwork, threatening letters, etc.

Tags
:popcorn:, :popcorn: funny tags, nsfc, rice rice baby