follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum

FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum All photos, videos and other media related to the Scion FR-S and Toyota 86

User Tag List

Old 12-10-2011, 12:21 PM   #15
TeckniX

Drives: Altezza
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Gushi is pretty good at what he does - I do like right before the 4:30 mark he flashes his brights to the guy in front of him so he can pass him.
You can tell others are rather enjoying watching him taking it around the track
TeckniX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:54 PM   #16
blur
ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Drives: E36 5.7 V8
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Best video I've seen yet.

I'm pretty much sold.
Old 12-10-2011, 02:20 PM   #17
jdmEGO

Drives: 07 Honda Civic Si
he make it look so easy to drift..with slight flip of the wrist the rear kick out.... o.o

Last edited by jdmEGO; 12-10-2011 at 02:32 PM.
jdmEGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:39 PM   #18
Longhorn248
Hook 'em

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I think the best reviews that this car could get were the smile and the laughs that he was letting out as he was driving it.
Longhorn248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:47 PM   #19
random

Drives: Multiple
I particularly like this quote shortly after the 1-minute mark in the video:

"It's not about the horsepower. It's not about the electronics. It's just you and the car."

Everyone's who's so interested in keyless entry, HIDs, LEDs, and other nonsense is totally missing the point and whining about things that are largely meaningless.
random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:56 PM   #20
blur
ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Drives: E36 5.7 V8
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Isn't it a testament of how clear the goal of the project was? After a single drive you "get" it.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:05 PM   #21
Yenadar
Rotorhead

Drives: 2005 WWP RX-8
The cheapest of the "FT-86" concept models, on the lowest grip tires, with a suspension deliberately set up to make it easier to drift, sold with a dealer badge that markets to new drivers...

Does anyone else see this turning out well for FR-S insurance rates?

Don't get me wrong, I love what they've done with the car as a whole, but the FR-s just has a lot of stuff being tweaked in favor of quite a few young driver accidents. And you can't rely on the stability control, since those young drivers are the ones most likely to disable it.

Edit:
I should note for those that might not see my sig, I've got an RX-8 and a Miata, and either the BRZ will replace my Miata or I will just add it as a 3rd car while my Miata goes under the knife for an engine swap. I TOTALLY "get it". It's one of the tag lines for the RX-8 community, generated from this review http://www.speedsportlife.com/2008/0...ght-is-enough/

Take a peek at the last few words of that review

Last edited by Yenadar; 12-10-2011 at 03:17 PM.
Yenadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 03:08 PM   #22
RRnold
2 wheel member

Drives: JZA80, 997.1, Taco
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Sums it up!

"I think anybody can have fun with this car...it's not about horsepower and electronics... its just you and the car"
Old 12-10-2011, 03:10 PM   #23
jonnois

Drives: 1993 R32 Gtst skyline mspec
looks like its lots of fun to drive
jonnois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 03:21 PM   #24
PAImportTuner
Turbo Mafia Presidente

Drives: U Mad?
LOL, Try doing that on a hot dry summer day and not a cold wet day. The car will not drift like that. Though I like the vid because it shows the balance of it in general. Also if the car had about 30hp more in stock form it could do that in any weather or conditions.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:24 PM   #25
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-

Drives: '17 BRZ CWP LMT.
Thanked 1,725 Times in 790 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yenadar View Post
The cheapest of the "FT-86" concept models, on the lowest grip tires, with a suspension deliberately set up to make it easier to drift, sold with a dealer badge that markets to new drivers...

Does anyone else see this turning out well for FR-S insurance rates?

Don't get me wrong, I love what they've done with the car as a whole, but the FR-s just has a lot of stuff being tweaked in favor of quite a few young driver accidents. And you can't rely on the stability control, since those young drivers are the ones most likely to disable it.

Edit:
I should note for those that might not see my sig, I've got an RX-8 and a Miata, and either the BRZ will replace my Miata or I will just add it as a 3rd car while my Miata goes under the knife for an engine swap. I TOTALLY "get it". It's one of the tag lines for the RX-8 community, generated from this review http://www.speedsportlife.com/2008/0...ght-is-enough/

Take a peek at the last few words of that review

I agree with you whole heatedly on what you posted,

I was looking forward on being 25 and seeing my insurance rate go down, It's such a dramatic change to when I was 18 ! When I was 18 it cost me close to 170$ to Insure my RX7, and $440 to Insure a Porsche Boxster.

Now it's 177$ to Insure a Boxster and about 70$ to Insure an RX7. Someone earlier said it cost them 25$ more to Insure a TC then a Corvette. I sure hope myself and a bunch of others don't have to pay so much for the FRS.

and I'm sorry but I don't understand what the link and the last few words mean.....

"The BRZ Section's fine wine" -Zgrinch
Zaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 03:27 PM   #26
Z_Rocks

Drives: Import
Excellent skills, but for dry track you need a lot more power to spin the tiers to get that effect. I saw a TT 350Z once that was drifting as if he was on ice. The whole time the rear tire was spinning like 6000 RPM.
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 03:31 PM   #27
WingsofWar
MODERATOR-SAMA

Drives: Swagtron Scooter
Thanked 1,561 Times in 524 Posts
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAImportTuner View Post
LOL, Try doing that on a hot dry summer day and not a cold wet day. The car will not drift like that. Though I like the vid because it shows the balance of it in general. Also if the car had about 30hp more in stock form it could do that in any weather or conditions.
yeah, i remember when i started to toss around my s14 for the first time in the summer of '03. I could not for the life of me break traction, granted the car only had like 140whp. It was dry and the tires were just gripping the road to much at low speeds even when i was at powerband lock to lock. In the rain though, that car wanted to slide everywhere, and it didnt take much to toss it.

So this video is kinda cheating being driven by a seasoned drifter in the rain.

But even so...that car control is reallly nice...Subaru and Toyota did a great job on that chassy.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:32 PM   #28
Yenadar
Rotorhead

Drives: 2005 WWP RX-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
and I'm sorry but I don't understand what the link and the last few words mean.....
I was adding that on in response to this from Blur:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blur View Post
Isn't it a testament of how clear the goal of the project was? After a single drive you "get" it.

The last paragraph of that RX-8 review is:
Quote:
If the purity of its driving experience, its flashy suit and its sensible, livable day-to-day demeanor all seem at odds with each other, that’s fine too – because it works. The RX-8 is a consistently polarizing figure in the world of enthusiast cars, and as a driver, you either get it or you don’t.

I get it.

I'm just constantly smiling at how similar the BRZ/FR-S/GT86 reviews are to the RX-8's. Same comments in pretty much the same tone. I'm glad another manufacturer rejected the power game to produce a car that is so fun to drive. ACTUALLY fun, not just "hey! you get mp3 and bluetooth! That's FUN!"

Tags
drift, exhaust, fr-s drifting, fr-s forum, fr-s forums, fr-s reviews, frs forum, frs forums, frs review, interior, ken gushi, ken gushi fr-s, ken gushi frs, ken gushi scion fr-s, scion fr-s drift, scion fr-s drifting, scion fr-s forum, scion fr-s forums, scion fr-s ken gushi, scion fr-s review, scion fr-s reviews, scion frs drifting, scion frs forum, scion frs forums, scion frs ken gushi, scion frs review, scion frs reviews, subaru brz drift, subaru brz drifting