follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 07-29-2016, 01:43 AM   #57
An Amish Woman

Drives: '15 WRB Brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Got a few packages the other day. Had this 1st on for for about 3 days before I noticed it laying on top a pile of stuff we store in the back of the kitchen...apparently my family figured I'd see it.

Aimgain Roof Spoiler. Part 1/2 of my "1 year ownership celebration mod". Will probably be awile before I get to install it. Need to get it painted to match the car.

2 days later, I received theses 2 bits.
GrimmSpeed Hood Struts & Cusco Strut Brace w/ Master Cylinder Brace. Haven't opened or installed the hood struts. Hopefully get around to the soon.

'15 WRB BRZ Limited (Summer)
'93 Ford Festiva L (Work Horse / Race Project)

Last edited by An Amish Woman; 01-01-2018 at 08:31 PM.
An Amish Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 08:05 AM   #58
BigTuna

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
This is the first time I've seen your thread. I'm from the ol' 419 too! The car is looking good, and I love the Festiva.
Old 07-29-2016, 03:12 PM   #59
An Amish Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTuna View Post
This is the first time I've seen your thread. I'm from the ol' 419 too! The car is looking good, and I love the Festiva.
Oh yah? Guess I just updated it at the right time then! I was just in Cincy from Sun-Wed. for a little vacation with the family. Didn't have my car though. Might of seen like 3 Frs down there. Saw more in the Dayton area.

I love the Festiva too! Sadly, it's been pretty much at a stand still for like 2 years now. I need some guidance on what I need to do next, somethings always coming up or people are to busy. Way she goes.

Old 08-19-2016, 11:04 PM   #60
An Amish Woman

Decided to hit up a car show last Saturday after working a 12 hour shift and won another trophy! Now I need to make a shelf! "Top 40".

Last edited by An Amish Woman; 01-01-2018 at 08:35 PM.
Old 08-28-2016, 04:47 PM   #61
An Amish Woman

Finally my package part 2/2 of my "1 year ownership celebration mod" came in from Japan! 165 x 150 x 16.

Last edited by An Amish Woman; 01-01-2018 at 08:45 PM.
Old 09-11-2016, 10:22 PM   #62
An Amish Woman

Got a chance to upload some stuff. I should mention I bought an OFT off a member on here. I installed the 93 octane stage 2 tune. Need to read up more and learn how to add the launch control and no lift shift tunes.

After the install of the intake a few months back, I took video of a cold start and before/after of the intake.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SydW17a2ghw"]'15 Subaru Brz Limited: Cold Start & Before/After of Grimmspeed Intake - YouTube[/ame]

Then I edited video from my dash cam of the Auto-X event I attended. It's my very 1st time doing something like this in a car.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdwnouHokBc"]Ft. Wayne, Indiana SCCA Auto-X Event 7-10-16 - YouTube[/ame]

And lastly. Here are the pictures of what I got in the big package. Also installed the Grimmspeed hood struts.
As far as I know, I am the only person to have this hood in the United States.

S-Craft dry carbon fiber hood with fully functional hood vents and removable rain guards

Last edited by An Amish Woman; 01-01-2018 at 09:45 PM.
Old 10-16-2016, 10:39 PM   #63
An Amish Woman

Went to a local used car dealer to see about getting windows tinted. They come pretty highly recommended, but the guy that tints for them recently quit. So they are still looking for one. I probably won't get it done before I park the car for winter. Also asked them about painting my Aimgain roof spoiler. He said they could paint, cook and clear it for 300$. Seems kinda high, I just gotta shop around more.

I wasn't following JPM Coachworks on any forms of social media, but I saw somewhere that they were shutting down their store. I always enjoyed the interior parts they put out. Got on their site and saw the only thing that wasn't sold out was the alcantara shifter boots. I was luck enough to grab one before they were gone.
Now I'm torn...I'll have to rip apart the surrounding area of the shifter to install the JPM shifter cover... Might as well install a Kartboy short shifter with springs, wrap the center console with alcantra, & swap out the silver plastic trim with black plastic trim.

Last edited by An Amish Woman; 01-01-2018 at 09:55 PM.
Old 04-02-2017, 10:25 PM   #64
An Amish Woman

Been on a bit of a hiatus lately. So here's an update.

During the fall I mistakenly missed my "Guy's Trip" to the U.P. to watch the last Rally event of the year. Some of the members from the Ohio 86 group had a Halloween drive a few weeks after. So myself and a friend went down to that event in Hocking Hills. I clocked just over 1000 miles that day! And my back was absolutely killing me!! and did so for several days after.
Rolled over 10K miles on the way to the Ohio 86 drive, about 20 minutes after leaving my house. I had hoped to have had it parked at 10K, but it was worth the extra miles.
This was the only picture I took of the drive, and this was after most people took off. I don't remember who all went, so tag yourselves if you'd like.
I have a small video clips I'll try posting from my dash cam.

Did a oil change in the driveway. The shop has my uncles Hawk in it, so I couldn't use the pit. I did however get to use the low profile car jack for the 1st time. It didn't work so great in the stones, but it did the job, after some wrestling it. The Fumoto quick drain valve worked like a charm! Parked the car after that for the winter. 11,024 miles when I parked it. The oil wasn't black at all, just looks that way in the picture.

This was sort of an impulse buy, and turned into a huge headache! (Stuff I'd rather not talk about) Over the winter I felt I needed to buy an '04 STI. It ended up needing work and a crap ton of money has now made me completely hate it and ready to get rid of the damn thing.... Drove it twice after getting it, that includes driving it to the shop. 3 months later still needs some work, but it works fine. My dad got in a car wreak and totaled his car. I decided that I would give him the Grand Am so he could save some money.
I even bought a whole roof rack system for the thing....I don't even want to install it anymore So it's all sitting in boxes

Bought one of them pop-up car ports and got it up right before it froze. Something I would never buy again! It might be ok if it was put on a cement pad, but it is so fidgety and doesn't like to be on uneven ground at all! I leveled out the legs but the bottom lets in the elements. and it even drops in water from the roof. Not sure what I expected though. Guess it's better than nothing.
I start the car once a week and let it run. This is how it's currently setting

And over X-mas I picked up a pressure washer, a Chemical Guy's Foam Cannon, and a Bucket Dirt Trap.

Just last month Subaru accepted my app to be a Subaru Ambassador. So that's really neat.

That is all I've got for now.

Last edited by An Amish Woman; 01-01-2018 at 10:09 PM.
Old 06-25-2017, 12:22 AM   #65
An Amish Woman

3 weeks ago I went to my 1st car show of the year. This was the 1st time getting to use the GrimmSpeed Hood Struts for an extended period of time. It was just a tad bit windy, but apparently it was a strong enough wind to push the hood down. After installation wile opening the hood for maintenance/whatever else, I felt like the strut had felt somewhat weak.

So what kind of hood strut is everyone using. And is it strong enough to hood up the hood without it falling.

Old 06-25-2017, 12:59 AM   #66
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,586 Times in 2,928 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Amish Woman View Post
3 weeks ago I went to my 1st car show of the year. This was the 1st time getting to use the GrimmSpeed Hood Struts for an extended period of time. It was just a tad bit windy, but apparently it was a strong enough wind to push the hood down. After installation wile opening the hood for maintenance/whatever else, I felt like the strut had felt somewhat weak.

So what kind of hood strut is everyone using. And is it strong enough to hood up the hood without it falling.
I've been using the Rexspeed struts and they seem just fine for the price tbh.

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to weederr33 For This Useful Post:
An Amish Woman (07-23-2017)
Old 07-23-2017, 09:46 PM   #67
An Amish Woman

Please bare with me wile I switch over my years worth of thousands of pictures to Imgur,
since Photobucket completely shit the bed and dropped the ball. This will take a very long time!

The Following User Says Thank You to An Amish Woman For This Useful Post:
weederr33 (07-23-2017)
Old 07-24-2017, 03:38 PM   #68
NINE

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Hurry up, I just came for the pictures! lol

Past: 2008 BMW M3, 1976 Datsun 280z, 1998 240sx, 1990 180sx, 2005 RSX-S, 2003 IS300, 2001 Civic.
NINE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NINE For This Useful Post:
An Amish Woman (12-19-2017), dattran86 (07-25-2017)
Old 08-20-2017, 03:09 AM   #69
An Amish Woman

Right now I'm slowly working on getting all the photos fixed from everyones favorite image hosting site, PhotoBucket. Mostly done now. I'll have to go back through and reread and dig for some other obscure pictures I hope I still have.

I've picked up a couple of new parts for the car. Currently researching and shopping around for wheels and suspension bits. Since the GrimmSpeed dampers failed me, I took @weederr33 suggestion (thank you weederr33) and picked up the Rexspeed's Carbon Fiber Hood Dampers.
It's a shame that the GrimmSpeed dampers aren't strong enough to hold up a full carbon fiber hood.

Diode Dynamics Always-On light kit:

Rex Speed Hood Dampers

The Following User Says Thank You to An Amish Woman For This Useful Post:
weederr33 (08-20-2017)
Old 08-24-2017, 03:31 AM   #70
An Amish Woman

I recently got a little package from Japan. I have them installed, but I'm going to have to do some modifications to my Cusco Strut brace. I still have yet to do close up pictures of them installed. I've always been a sucker for the burnt titanium look. I need to get some new muffler tips made to go along with the engine bay.
Millie the Weiner Dog makes another appearance

Sadly, the Carbing frame braces and the Cusco Strut bar won't fit together of course. Why would they....they are both super duper expensive. So I'm goin to try and modify the Cusco bar to fit properly into the Carbing braces. I'll take pictures of what I mean sometime soon

Carbing Titanium Front Upper Frame Brace: