follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 07-29-2014, 02:01 PM   #1513
gramicci101
Off Topic

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 4,243 Times in 2,170 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv@Openflash View Post
Currently on the bike dyno where I will be all day
And now I'm wondering if it would be possible to get a measurement from a bicycle. Could you spin the rollers? Would it even register?
gramicci101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:15 PM   #1514
CaptainSlow

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramicci101 View Post
And now I'm wondering if it would be possible to get a measurement from a bicycle. Could you spin the rollers? Would it even register?
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQlQt5_N1yk"]Bicycle On Mustang Dyno - YouTube[/ame]
gramicci101 (07-29-2014), Kronos (07-29-2014), Silver Ignition (07-29-2014)
Old 07-29-2014, 02:39 PM   #1515
gramicci101
Off Topic

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 4,243 Times in 2,170 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSlow View Post
Bicycle on a Mustang Dyno
Huh, where there's a will, there's a way.

I'm a bit disappointed they didn't show the resulting graph though.
gramicci101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:11 PM   #1516
mid_life_crisis

Drives: FR-S 10 #103 AT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv@Openflash View Post
Will try to do it within the next few days. Just need a little time. Currently on the bike dyno where I will be all day
While you're checking that, can you double check the rev limiter for stg 1 93 oct for automatics? It doesn't seem to be doing what is expected.
If I bring it up to the rev limit, it slowly drops down to 7000 then starts coming back up. Is that the intention?
mid_life_crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:49 PM   #1517
Thrustin

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited, 2013 Focus ST
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckrider View Post
The OFT doesn't use a glass screen. It uses a much older touch screen technology (no multitouch input) that also happens to be much more durable.
Well, my wife managed to crack the screen on my OFT today. It had been out of the box for less than 30 minutes, lol. I just hope it still works.

Last edited by Thrustin; 07-29-2014 at 07:17 PM.
Thrustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:04 PM   #1518
driftu

Drives: 13 FR-S: Raven
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Noob question

So I know by default OFT comes with A01C. Last night my OFM was showing A00C so I downloaded a couple 2.01 maps. Specifically, just flashed to EL 85 as I still have E85 in tank. For $2.55 a gallon over $3.88 with more power is a no brainer!

Prior to the flash my tablet was showing calibration code ZA1JB01C (not same as OFM). Decided to go ahead and flash the A00C maps anyway as that is the only file OFM would let me download last night. Upon completing the flash my calibration is now reading ZA1JA00C. As I sit here at idle about to go through relearn all my channels appear normal. Just don't quite understand the different cal figure readings between OFT and OFM. Sorry if this had been discussed, but there are way to many OFT posts to read through.

Last edited by driftu; 07-29-2014 at 07:06 PM. Reason: listed wrong file code
driftu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:38 PM   #1519
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftu View Post
So I know by default OFT comes with A01C. Last night my OFM was showing A00C so I downloaded a couple 2.01 maps. Specifically, just flashed to EL 85 as I still have E85 in tank. For $2.55 a gallon over $3.88 with more power is a no brainer!

Prior to the flash my tablet was showing calibration code ZA1JB01C (not same as OFM). Decided to go ahead and flash the A00C maps anyway as that is the only file OFM would let me download last night. Upon completing the flash my calibration is now reading ZA1JA00C. As I sit here at idle about to go through relearn all my channels appear normal. Just don't quite understand the different cal figure readings between OFT and OFM. Sorry if this had been discussed, but there are way to many OFT posts to read through.

As long as the last letter is a C its all good. The last letter is the overall rom type C is usa/canada G Europe/Australia and their are several others.

The previous 3 leters/numbers are the revision numbers 700,900,A00,A01,B00,B01 , your car may have come with any one of these as stock. The latest OFT maps are based on B01C roms but the internal calid is changed to match your original calid so the oft will load it as it wants to match calid,s, the 1.5x tunes were based on A01C maps.

So depending where you look the revision changes but not the overall rom type ie C in your case
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
driftu (07-29-2014), The Tengu (07-29-2014)
Old 07-29-2014, 07:55 PM   #1520
driftu

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
As long as the last letter is a C its all good. The last letter is the overall rom type C is usa/canada G Europe/Australia and their are several others.

The previous 3 leters/numbers are the revision numbers 700,900,A00,A01,B00,B01 , your car may have come with any one of these as stock. The latest OFT maps are based on B01C roms but the internal calid is changed to match your original calid so the oft will load it as it wants to match calid,s, the 1.5x tunes were based on A01C maps.

So depending where you look the revision changes but not the overall rom type ie C in your case
Really appreciate it sir! This forum is awesome and I'm thankful for it. Everyone has commented plenty on the new tunes so I'll keep it simple and say I love Vishnu Tuning! Didn't get much relearn time since this WRX (non sti turbo) kept egging me on. Long story short, I pulled on him thru 4th gear. We talked after and he couldn't believe how fast I was. Guess I couldn't either It was a 2012 with BOV and 3" downpipe back. I'm rocking the new EL 85 2.01 w/ stock header and 2.5" full exhaust (no 2nd cat), drop in filter and k&n drop in. We are going to run again after my UEL install, but I think we know how that will go down. Vishnu 1, Cobb license plate bracket WRX 0
The Following User Says Thank You to driftu For This Useful Post:
Triumphrider (07-29-2014)
Old 07-29-2014, 07:59 PM   #1521
Triumphrider

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS in white out
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
@driftu you'll love the uel header, alot more grunt down low.
driftu (07-29-2014)
Old 07-29-2014, 08:02 PM   #1522
driftu

Quote:
Really appreciate it sir! This forum is awesome and I'm thankful for it. Everyone has commented plenty on the new tunes so I'll keep it simple and say I love Vishnu Tuning! Didn't get much relearn time since this WRX (non sti turbo) kept egging me on. Long story short, I pulled on him thru 4th gear. We talked after and he couldn't believe how fast I was. Guess I couldn't either It was a 2012 with BOV and 3" downpipe back. I'm rocking the new EL 85 2.01 w/ stock header and 2.5" full exhaust (no 2nd cat), drop in filter and k&n drop in. We are going to run again after my UEL install, but I think we know how that will go down. Vishnu 1, Cobb license plate bracket WRX 0
*inlet tube
Old 07-29-2014, 09:00 PM   #1523
driftu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumphrider View Post
@driftu you'll love the uel header, alot more grunt down low.
Looking forward to it! Was going to buy one prior to the OFT, but I'm glad I got the OFT first. Now I can't even force myself to stop using E85! It is over $1 less per gallon with over 20 stations in my area to choose from. Love it when fate deals you a good hand
Old 07-29-2014, 10:46 PM   #1524
steve99
Banned

Quote:
The fuel trim relearning is dependant on how far out you maf scaling is and the E% of you fuel mix.
It appears its set up for around 75%E so if you fuel mix is close to that and your maf scaling is fairly good (stock intake) their is not much to learn so its quick.

just keep an eye on the ltft throughout the rpm range there are about 4 bands from low to high (it actually maf flow rates) so you may see a change in ltft between idle and mid and high rpm, as long as its less than about 10% in all ranges you good to go.
The Following User Says Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
driftu (07-29-2014)
Old 07-29-2014, 11:18 PM   #1525
driftu

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
The fuel trim relearning is dependant on how far out you maf scaling is and the E% of you fuel mix.
It appears its set up for around 75%E so if you fuel mix is close to that and your maf scaling is fairly good (stock intake) their is not much to learn so its quick.

just keep an eye on the ltft throughout the rpm range there are about 4 bands from low to high (it actually maf flow rates) so you may see a change in ltft between idle and mid and high rpm, as long as its less than about 10% in all ranges you good to go.
Not many miles on the new tune yet and no data log thus far, but I want to say it was around +/-4% maybe a little less. The first flash (old tune) was much worse at first maybe 7-8% max. Got paranoid and reflashed/relearned again, but never saw over 5% after that. Think I didn't run the tank low enough the first time as I was too impatient! The new tune felt much smoother from the jump. Btw we have a minimum rating of 70% at all locations here (allegedly) with most showing 105 octane. I'm in the process of finding out more detailed specs of each station's E85 since they get it from different suppliers.

Stupid ? For NA, what data channels should I be focusing on in terms of logging. Also, if I enable the wideband AFR channel is itaccurate? The numbers appear to be within the desired ranges I've read about. Assuming the readings are legit...or do I need aftermarket O2? Keep in mind I'm going UEL soon too. Gracias
Old 07-29-2014, 11:49 PM   #1526
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Not many miles on the new tune yet and no data log thus far, but I want to say it was around +/-4% maybe a little less. The first flash (old tune) was much worse at first maybe 7-8% max. Got paranoid and reflashed/relearned again, but never saw over 5% after that. Think I didn't run the tank low enough the first time as I was too impatient! The new tune felt much smoother from the jump. Btw we have a minimum rating of 70% at all locations here (allegedly) with most showing 105 octane. I'm in the process of finding out more detailed specs of each station's E85 since they get it from different suppliers.

Stupid ? For NA, what data channels should I be focusing on in terms of logging. Also, if I enable the wideband AFR channel is itaccurate? The numbers appear to be within the desired ranges I've read about. Assuming the readings are legit...or do I need aftermarket O2? Keep in mind I'm going UEL soon too. Gracias
Have a read of the links below should answer most logging questions
The wideband should be more acurate than stock sensor but you need to buy the required sensor and it probably best if headers are catless for most acurate readings as its the sensor after the header cat that you replace.
If your just logging your tune wideband probably not needed but if you want to tune to the limits its probably a good idea, the stock one get a bit inaccurate at higher rpm according to shiv
The Following User Says Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
driftu (07-30-2014)

Tags
#lolwut, divinecomedy, dopeandcashcabinet, free shiv now, goddamitimissedit, golden cage, i missed the show, looks good, missed the fun, omgbbq, shiv 2016, thefatandthefurriest