follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 07-06-2017, 04:27 PM   #15
nikitopo

Drives: '15 BRZ RA
Thanked 1,944 Times in 1,261 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The pictures are original, I don't think it is fake.
nikitopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:32 AM   #16
leevanf

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited A/T
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD001 View Post
Fake car, fake post...
Its not fake. Why would I be asking so many questions that are all "fake"?

I'm just a kid who spent the past 8 years saving money to buy my dream subaru and also my first sports car.

I finally have enough to buy it without debt, so I am just making sure I get my past 8 years dream's worth by making sure i get the right one because this well may be my first and last sports car. (I do not foresee enough resources to devote to my family and regular car purchases sadly)

if you lived in my country you'd understand the twins aren't just "cheap affordable" sports cars unlike in first world countries - hence why I am trying to be sure about the car I get.
We earn probably just a third of what your basic salary is, and the car costs 33% more here than there because our government is what it is.

Last edited by leevanf; 07-07-2017 at 03:58 AM.
leevanf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to leevanf For This Useful Post:
JD001 (07-07-2017), new2subaru (07-07-2017), nikitopo (07-07-2017), Tcoat (07-07-2017)
Old 07-07-2017, 03:34 AM   #17
leevanf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhandle View Post
I'm honestly getting tired of your post with massavie amount of questions. like above said, you like the car that have no issues you buy it. how simple is that.
I am not sure if there is an unfollow thread so that you would not be forced to read my posts. I apologize if they are too lengthy for you.
There are issues - like the depreciation ratio vs american standards which i am curious about,
differences between market units that I am unsure of,
etc, all of which I'd like to learn about depending on the users who are gladly able to share information like TCoat and some others.

Last edited by leevanf; 07-07-2017 at 04:00 AM.
Old 07-07-2017, 03:35 AM   #18
leevanf

Quote:
Originally Posted by krayzie View Post
We need a legit check thread like with other goods forums.
and what is the definition of a legit thread?
from what i understand this is the "Subaru BRZ General Forum", and if you read the descriptor, it says - "All discussions about the Subaru BRZ coupe"
ALL (everything) about THE (not just yours, not just mine, but THE) BRZ Coupe.

My questions are all about not-just-MINE, not-just-YOURS, but THE few BRZ Coupes that pop out in my country that I am asking for information about.
Which I believe very well fits under the topic of "All discussions about the Subaru BRZ coupe". My Photos are legitimate, my information is legitimate, you may contact me to send you the photos as well if you want them for some reason. I post my questions here as well because the other thread groups are under "FT86" so i presume that refers to Scion/Toyota units. hence all my questions - even technical or financial, as long as about the BRZ Coupe - are here.

Now regarding the second point of "with other good forums" - what is the definition of that?
I actually think this forum is good because it allows people to share "All discussions about the Subaru BRZ coupe".
So I actually thought I can ask anything that I am generally curious about ""All discussions about the Subaru BRZ coupe" here.
Or am i mistaken?

Going back to your suggestion, yes a legit check would be great for a good forum.
But there may have to be a council to discuss on what constitutes "legitimacy" and what merits "a good forum".
For starters, I suggest legitimacy can be controlled by a back-end team of moderators who do background checks on people and maybe ask for social media accounts? Maybe there you can also find out how I am indeed actively searching of a unit in my country via ads and social media posts.
For "good forum", I think a "good forum" is one that is able to uphold its objective. In this case - it does. This is ""All discussions about the Subaru BRZ coupe", and I AM discussing about THE Subaru BRZ coupe - if the forum allows me to continue asking anything about the BRZ, then it is a "good forum" because it upholds its vision.

Last edited by leevanf; 07-07-2017 at 04:02 AM.
Old 07-07-2017, 03:38 AM   #19
leevanf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Other than asking us about every single Twin for sale in the Philippines I have not got a whiff of trolling from the OP. If he is then he is very dedicated to the topic and a true master.
Thank you TCoat. Learned so much here already. I hope this forum stays as a forum and not just a page to "showoff my latest car mods and dyno". even without the car I've learned so much already because of all the inputs given. Differences of trims, models, even between markets, effect of mods, etc.

Just give me some patience and once I get my car, I can finally contribute and give back to this forum by helping others who are in the same boat as me.

Last edited by leevanf; 07-07-2017 at 04:00 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to leevanf For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (07-07-2017)
Old 07-07-2017, 06:07 AM   #20
nikitopo

Drives: '15 BRZ RA
Thanked 1,944 Times in 1,261 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by leevanf View Post
If you lived in my country you'd understand the twins aren't just "cheap affordable" sports cars unlike in first world countries - hence why I am trying to be sure about the car I get.
We earn probably just a third of what your basic salary is, and the car costs 33% more here than there because our government is what it is.
This is true. These cars are not affordable in all the countries. Same situation exists in other countries and only some rich people or people with hard earned money can afford them. In my country (not where I live now), the official numbers are 15-20 sold cars for all the years.

People buying 2 or 3 times the same car, just because their mods didn't end as they liked, seem to us a bit spoiled.
nikitopo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nikitopo For This Useful Post:
JD001 (07-07-2017), Tcoat (07-07-2017)
Old 07-07-2017, 06:38 AM   #21
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitopo View Post
This is true. These cars are not affordable in all the countries. Same situation exists in other countries and only some rich people or people with hard earned money can afford them. In my country (not where I live now), the official numbers are 15-20 sold cars for all the years.

People buying 2 or 3 times the same car, just because their mods didn't end as they liked, seem to us a bit spoiled.
This is one of my major pet peeves. People take the cost in another country, apply the currency exchange rate and say "oh that only cost you this" or "that is to much money". The simple exchange to US dollars just doesn't work unless you convert the entire economy to the same thing. Great if the rate says the car only cost $20K someplace if the average income there is $18K a year it may as well be a new Porsche to many.
new2subaru (07-07-2017), nikitopo (07-07-2017)
Old 07-07-2017, 07:53 AM   #22
krayzie
Drive From Home

Drives: BRZ STI Performance
Thanked 3,111 Times in 2,007 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
and what is the definition of a legit thread?
from what i understand this is the "Subaru BRZ General Forum", and if you read the descriptor, it says - "All discussions about the Subaru BRZ coupe"
ALL (everything) about THE (not just yours, not just mine, but THE) BRZ Coupe.

My questions are all about not-just-MINE, not-just-YOURS, but THE few BRZ Coupes that pop out in my country that I am asking for information about.
Which I believe very well fits under the topic of "All discussions about the Subaru BRZ coupe". My Photos are legitimate, my information is legitimate, you may contact me to send you the photos as well if you want them for some reason. I post my questions here as well because the other thread groups are under "FT86" so i presume that refers to Scion/Toyota units. hence all my questions - even technical or financial, as long as about the BRZ Coupe - are here.

Now regarding the second point of "with other good forums" - what is the definition of that?
I actually think this forum is good because it allows people to share "All discussions about the Subaru BRZ coupe".
So I actually thought I can ask anything that I am generally curious about ""All discussions about the Subaru BRZ coupe" here.
Or am i mistaken?

Going back to your suggestion, yes a legit check would be great for a good forum.
But there may have to be a council to discuss on what constitutes "legitimacy" and what merits "a good forum".
For starters, I suggest legitimacy can be controlled by a back-end team of moderators who do background checks on people and maybe ask for social media accounts? Maybe there you can also find out how I am indeed actively searching of a unit in my country via ads and social media posts.
For "good forum", I think a "good forum" is one that is able to uphold its objective. In this case - it does. This is ""All discussions about the Subaru BRZ coupe", and I AM discussing about THE Subaru BRZ coupe - if the forum allows me to continue asking anything about the BRZ, then it is a "good forum" because it upholds its vision.
Humm I wrote goods as in goods and services aka. products. You should Google on what exactly is a "legit check thread". This must be a language / jargon barrier that you are not understanding while experiencing confusion with what is known as a tongue in cheek comment (very typical with strategic outsourcing where a western company outsources a function to a seemingly English fluent country like the Philippines, where in practice they really have no idea what we are talking about most of the time due to a lack in grammar).
krayzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 08:01 AM   #23
leevanf

Prospecting a Low Mileage BRZ!

Quote:
Humm I wrote goods as in goods and services aka. products. You should Google on what exactly is a "legit check thread". This must be a language / jargon issue that you are not understanding while experiencing confusion with what is known as a tongue in cheek comment (very typical with strategic outsourcing where a western company outsources a function to a seemingly English fluent country like the Philippines, where in practice they really have no idea what we are talking about most of the time during work).

Yeah I know what that means. Like in most sneaker forums where they have a thread dedicated to "legit checks". I must have taken the alternate meaning as seemingly people are implying the same tongue in cheek meaning. Anyway, on your definition of a check thread, Thats actually a good idea - but this forum doesnt have one now so I dont see any other place than the title that states "General Discussion on BRZ".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to leevanf For This Useful Post:
krayzie (07-07-2017)
Old 07-07-2017, 08:16 AM   #24
krayzie
Drive From Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD001 View Post
Fake car, fake post...
Wanker.
The Following User Says Thank You to krayzie For This Useful Post:
JD001 (07-07-2017)
Old 07-07-2017, 08:31 AM   #25
krayzie
Drive From Home

Quote:
Yeah I know what that means. Like in most sneaker forums where they have a thread dedicated to "legit checks".
Yes like on NT with Jordan and Yeezy LC threads.

Just make one and stick with it otherwise ol' @Tcoat will blow a blood vessel.
Old 07-07-2017, 08:40 AM   #26
leevanf

Quote:

Lol Tcoat is the boss!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-07-2017, 08:45 AM   #27
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:

Meh. Compared to some of the crap floating around out there lately his threads are perfectly reasonable. If he had all the cars in one thread then people would only read the first post and respond even though that was 3 cars back. That would get confusing as hell. As he moves to each new prospect then the old thread just moves down the list and dies anyway.

Oh and contrary to how people read what I say I am no where near blowing a blood vessel even at the worst of times. It is a car forum not the international congress on world peace and there is nothing important enough gets said that actually upsets me in any way.
krayzie (07-07-2017)
Old 07-07-2017, 02:27 PM   #28
krayzie
Drive From Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Oh and contrary to how people read what I say
I just come here to brush up my English on a daily basis.
The Following User Says Thank You to krayzie For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (07-07-2017)