follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 05-29-2012, 11:51 PM   #435
Frost
CASC-OR T.A. Director

Drives: '13 Prius, '22 BRZ
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Update!

I just rented out another 'Stang for work and the 2011 model is MUCH nicer on the inside than the old 2007 or 2008 model I had a while back. The auto tranny still sucks the life out of the otherwise fanstastic engine but it's still a great car. Didn't get it roll it on a track but I doubt half the crew here would anyways.

Daily driver? Mustang.

Race driver? BRZ/FR-S fo'sho.

Only had to pick one? Ooooh, tough cookie. That's why my other car is a shitbox.

Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:02 AM   #436
Capt Canuck

Drives: BMW E36 323is
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
^Think maybe you mean the 2013 models? Would hope none of the rental companies still have 2011's in their fleet.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:22 AM   #437
Tbomb 25
Balance over power...

Drives: 13 Hot Lava Frs, 88 Supra Turbo
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Just found out us service folks have a $1k rebate that pays for the bespoke in my eyes...the FRS is back on even ground with the Mustang as soon as i find a good dealer to drive 1.....outside of this Socal leather mark up fiasco going on....
Tbomb 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:21 AM   #438
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Drives: Attitude
Thanked 4,889 Times in 2,902 Posts
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbomb 25 View Post
Most of your fanboyism rants on this forum are crap...i bet you've never raced a day in your life. On another note your right the old 3.8 and 4.0 were crappy engines...but they always made impressive torque...and good horsepower with FI.
MY fanboy rants? Jesus christ... can't even call the old Mustang engines crap without being called a fanboy. Guess I'll login in another 5 days and see if anything's changed.
OrbitalEllipses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:31 PM   #439
Tbomb 25
Balance over power...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses View Post
MY fanboy rants? Jesus christ... can't even call the old Mustang engines crap without being called a fanboy. Guess I'll login in another 5 days and see if anything's changed.
Dude who cares about those engines....the 3.7 is the 1 thats on deck and its a gem with a better torque band than the other big bore N/A V6's on the market....Geesh what is with some people those motors are long gone and they have nothing to do with the current car...
Old 05-31-2012, 09:32 PM   #440
Tbomb 25
Balance over power...

Welp....a interesting development has happened i went and saw a FRS about a hour ago right before they took it back for delivery to the lucky owner it was asphalt.I got to sit in it and it took me straight back to my Miata and FC days and to top that all off the thought that it will actually be better than those cars in every concievable way..Just sitting in it with my hands on the wheel feet on the pedals and hand on the shifter and thats all it took im OFFICIALLY GONNA BE A FRS/BRZ OWNER.I still love the stang...but i felt like i was at home in this car i didnt even have to drive it to know i would be grinning everytime i turned the key....that was the best time i have ever had not drivinga car...
The Following User Says Thank You to Tbomb 25 For This Useful Post:
YukiHachiRoku (05-31-2012)
Old 05-31-2012, 10:01 PM   #441
fatoni

Drives: miata, mazdaspeed protege, ls430
Thanked 1,442 Times in 787 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost;[URL="tel:230687"
230687[/URL]]Update!

I just rented out another 'Stang for work and the 2011 model is MUCH nicer on the inside than the old 2007 or 2008 model I had a while back. The auto tranny still sucks the life out of the otherwise fanstastic engine but it's still a great car. Didn't get it roll it on a track but I doubt half the crew here would anyways.

Daily driver? Mustang.

Only had to pick one? Ooooh, tough cookie. That's why my other car is a shitbox.

funny i would have thought the other way around
fatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:39 PM   #442
Tbomb 25
Balance over power...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunzite View Post
OK, so you are absolutely certain the Mustang's handling could be drastically improved (BS, you have no clue) while the BRZ's is pretty much perfect, and that's an advantage for the Mustang?

By the way, you're using a troll's nick, and you're trolling. What should I believe?

From the video - maybe I'm wrong, but the BRZ seems much easier to control. Nice.
How is it perfect when it lost by 1.5 sec which is about 10 car lengths give or take on a small track (imagine a big track) out braked,lost on the skidpad,lost on the figure 8,lost by a full sec 0-60,and 1/4 mile? No car is perfect for $25k so get over yourselves....wow the fanboyism is certainly steering me towards the Stang. So is this how its gonna be everytime this car loses?It got walked by the Stang, a 350z and a S2000...but all i hear is negativity about the cars that beat it...statistically it hasnt beat any car yet but the Miata. I love this car to but the ricer excuses has to stop just because it loses im sick of hearing its the better drivers car every other car has inferior driver dynamics,you guys are gonna be the joke of the car forums if you keep this up. its a stellar track car but its not fast on the track against its peers, GTFOH what kind of bullshit is that? and every car thats faster than it on the track sucks on the track...jeesh!!!
xAgentzero13 (09-09-2012)
Old 06-07-2012, 03:49 PM   #443
Kimsey47

Drives: 2016 STI DGM
Thanked 1,460 Times in 662 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost View Post

Daily driver? Mustang.

So you're saying you'd have two Mustangs? "other car is a shitbox."
Old 06-07-2012, 03:55 PM   #444
Tbomb 25
Balance over power...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripjammer View Post
LOL! But it is so fun! I can't wait to smoke some Mustang's on the track in real life in my BRZ\FR-S!
Really how and what about when they see you on the street where you will be 99% of the time? what your gona hollar out the window and say i have the better drivers car? or sit there and be scared to look at them because you know they will blow your 86 emblems off?
xAgentzero13 (09-09-2012)
Old 06-07-2012, 04:03 PM   #445
Kunzite

Drives: Toyota Auris
Quote:
How is it perfect when it lost by 1.5 sec which is about 10 car lengths give or take on a small track (imagine a big track) out braked,lost on the skidpad,lost on the figure 8,lost by a full sec 0-60,and 1/4 mile? No car is perfect for $25k so get over yourselves....wow the fanboyism is certainly steering me towards the Stang. So is this how its gonna be everytime this car loses?It got walked by the Stang, a 350z and a S2000...but all i hear is negativity about the cars that beat it...statistically it hasnt beat any car yet but the Miata. I love this car to but the ricer excuses has to stop just because it loses im sick of hearing its the better drivers car every other car has inferior driver dynamics,you guys are gonna be the joke of the car forums if you keep this up. its a stellar track car but its not fast on the track against its peers, GTFOH what kind of bullshit is that? and every car thats faster than it on the track sucks on the track...jeesh!!!
You're taking my post out of context and using it as an excuse to call me/us names. That's not nice of you.
And looking closer (not an easy task, with your writing style) - you didn't even read it carefully; it was about handling improvement potential, not about performance, and I wasn't claiming anything but responding to some unsupported claims.
Kunzite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:04 PM   #446
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,955 Times in 11,382 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Quote:
....wow the fanboyism is certainly steering me towards the Stang.
That much is obvious... Oh wait, that isn't what you meant.

Quote:
....So is this how its gonna be everytime this car loses?It got walked by the Stang, a 350z and a S2000...but all i hear is negativity about the cars that beat it...statistically it hasnt beat any car yet but the Miata. I love this car to but the ricer excuses has to stop just because it loses im sick of hearing its the better drivers car every other car has inferior driver dynamics,you guys are gonna be the joke of the car forums if you keep this up. its a stellar track car but its not fast on the track against its peers, GTFOH what kind of bullshit is that? and every car thats faster than it on the track sucks on the track...jeesh!!!
All those cars have their fans, and rightly so. The 86 has it's fans for good reason as well. I participate in similar forums under a variety of subjects (aviation, gaming computers, cars, Newfoundlands, MILFs (oh wait scratch that last one)) Every one of them are going to have people defending their "brand" as the best regardless.

It just comes with the territory and it ain't bull uggm fertilizer, its just opinions amongst friends and folks of like mind. it would be no different in any other "enthusiast" forum. You're just fooling yourself if you think otherwise.
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:11 PM   #447
Spaceywilly
ZC6A2B82KC7J

Drives: 2002 WRX
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Well here's something... for the same price as a BRZ Premium you can now get a Roush Mustang V6

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/06/07/r...ang-to-lineup/

Quote:

Using the V6-powered Ford Mustang as a base, the RS offers up the same wheel and tire package from the Mustang GT with the Brembo package, Roush lowering springs, a subtle body kit, embroidered floor mats, billet pedals and the requisite Roush badging. Customers can also opt for items like upgraded leather seats or a classic cue ball shifter. The 3.7-liter V6 remains untouched, meaning 305 horsepower and 280 lb-ft torque are still on tap.

All of this can be had for $4,000, meaning you can get yourself a genuine Roush Mustang for around for a little over $26,000. Scroll down below to read the official release from Roush.
Is it the ultimate poser or the ultimate bargain? I can't decide.

Straights are for fast cars. Turns are for fast drivers.
Spaceywilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:23 PM   #448
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,955 Times in 11,382 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceywilly View Post
Well here's something... for the same price as a BRZ Premium you can now get a Roush Mustang V6

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/06/07/r...ang-to-lineup/

Is it the ultimate poser or the ultimate bargain? I can't decide.

Perhaps both, its a beautiful car. If it was a convertible MomHawk would be all over it.
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brz forum, brz forums, brz mustang comparison, brz versus mustang, brz vs mustang, subaru brz, subaru brz forum, subaru brz forums, subaru brz mustang, subaru brz review, subaru brz reviews, subaru brz video, subaru brz videos