follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Mid-Atlantic

Mid-Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA, WV

User Tag List

Old 03-04-2012, 10:12 PM   #155
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Drives: Attitude
Thanked 4,889 Times in 2,902 Posts
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt86mods View Post
The fact is, US production of the BRZ has not begun yet. That is what my rep told me, he stated anyone who said their BRZ has been ordered and is in production is bullshitting. Those were his words. Now take that as you will, but I take it as those who think their car is in production are misunderstanding what a sold-order or pre-order is. This whole discussion stemmed from a couple people misunderstanding what my rep was telling me and assuming he was lying to me. That is not the case.

What he told me is 100% true and I have absolutely no reason to not trust these people. Their online ratings are superb, I had a great discussion with an employee there about the technical aspects of the car and the future of sports cars from Toyota, and my rep has done everything she is allowed to to up to this point. I appreciate your guys' concern and I'm not upset or anything, I'm just trying to get on the same page and defend what I see is a trustworthy dealer.
This is where I sign out. Trust nobody.
OrbitalEllipses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:17 PM   #156
gt86mods
Toyobaru Obsessed

Drives: 97' Civic Coupe
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
This will be my 7th car purchase...I've dealt with more shady dealers than I'd care to remember. From them damaging my cars while removing them from a truck and trying to cover it up with a shody buff job, to sliding accessories in I didn't ask for, to selling me a car then calling me a week later telling me I need to pay them 1k more or they will repo the car. I've been there done that. This dealer has a 5 star rating on dealerrater and yelp, and having gone in there and spoken with these people face to face I don't see the harm in doing business with them. I don't understand what the problem is. All the information they have given me is correct and perfectly credible.

I'd like to have a constructive mature discussion about this but if that's too much to ask I'm rather disappointed. Oh well. Thanks for your input.

Canon Photographer - My Website - Flickr Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86'd View Post
That's it. I'm cancelling my pre pre-order.
gt86mods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:19 PM   #157
Tbxgz

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Ya Im done as well. The pre order, sold order semantics are irrelevant. My original post wasn't meant to bash them, rather explain the situation I went through.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:29 PM   #158
gt86mods
Toyobaru Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbxgz View Post
Ya Im done as well. The pre order, sold order semantics are irrelevant. My original post wasn't meant to bash them, rather explain the situation I went through.
As I mentioned previously, I appreciate your insight and I'm sorry your experience wasn't pleasant. I didn't take it as you bashing them just being honest about what occurred. I never assumed or insinuated you were being unreasonable. Thanks again.

Quote:
Old 03-06-2012, 09:18 PM   #159
Lighting Red
Habitual Line Crosser.

Drives: ^ Two of my favorite things.
Not to throw a little fuel on this smoldering fire, but... :splash:

I had a horrible Fitzgerald Subaru experience as well back in 2004. Old man Fitz will never see another cent of mine, and I can dissuade other people from dealing with that syndicate, I will not hold back.

I was basically sold a dealer test car (WRX), in which I was assured it was inspected, and good to go. In Fitz's eyes because their mechanic gave the car a once over, they would not go down on the price since it was "new." 45,000 miles later I had to replace the short-block on my dime. Fortunately Beyer Subaru helped me out with an incredible deal on an 2006 STi short-block. Guess who is getting my business now? I personally hope the cars on Fitz's lot sit there so long they grow mushrooms.
Lighting Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:26 PM   #160
gt86mods
Toyobaru Obsessed

EDIT: Nevermind, seems nobody wants to discuss this anymore so I'll just simply thank you all again for your insight and experiences!

Quote:

Last edited by gt86mods; 03-06-2012 at 11:45 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:52 AM   #161
kanundrum

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S
Thanked 3,016 Times in 1,711 Posts
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
I gave fitz $500 for a deposit for a White FRS. No Regrets. Although come April/May If the car is already out and there is a month or 2 waiting list i may pull it back.
kanundrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:04 AM   #162
gt86mods
Toyobaru Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanundrum View Post
I gave fitz $500 for a deposit for a White FRS. No Regrets. Although come April/May If the car is already out and there is a month or 2 waiting list i may pull it back.
Interesting, nobody there would take my deposit because they said they were unable & Scion hadn't given the green light yet.

Quote:
Old 03-07-2012, 10:05 AM   #163
kanundrum

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S
Thanked 3,016 Times in 1,711 Posts
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Interesting, nobody there would take my deposit because they said they were unable & Scion hadn't given the green light yet.

Weird I had talked to the manager in Feb and basically told them what I wanted and they said when ordering does become available they will try to get it from their allocation or what have you.

Odd indeed
kanundrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:09 AM   #164
Grimlock

Drives: BRZ and NA
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Back before Christmas I was talking to the Scion sales manager at Bown's Toyota/Scion (in Glen Burnie, MD) about the FR-S. He had already taken two $500 deposits for the car, one even far back as August.
Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:12 AM   #165
gt86mods
Toyobaru Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanundrum View Post
Weird I had talked to the manager in Feb and basically told them what I wanted and they said when ordering does become available they will try to get it from their allocation or what have you.

Odd indeed
I definitely didn't speak to a manager, perhaps he felt more comfortable taking deposits. I was told by Lisa there that she isn't able to take my money however she has my contact information and my color, trans preference. Said she would call me as soon as pre-ordering opens up for a deposit & slot in line. I'm sure I'll find out before she does, so I'll most likely swing by the day of and bug her in case she doesn't call me right away.

She and another rep told me there is no list yet, the only one in line is their one customer who won the first 86. Both of them said until they get pricing and the okay from Scion they aren't allowed to take deposits. Not complaining, since there isn't an official waiting list yet I'd rather not give them my deposit just yet. Keep us updated on how your experience goes!

Quote:
Old 03-07-2012, 10:22 AM   #166
gt86mods
Toyobaru Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
Back before Christmas I was talking to the Scion sales manager at Bown's Toyota/Scion (in Glen Burnie, MD) about the FR-S. He had already taken two $500 deposits for the car, one even far back as August.
I don't know anything for certain, just what I was told. I'm sure dealers who take deposits won't get in trouble or anything but taking names and money from people when there is no pre-order system or waiting list seems a tad irresponsible to me. However they are going to do what they want to try and secure a sale, and taking a deposit in their mind probably seems like they are sealing the deal even though it's refundable and all.

Just like we all knew about the BRZ pre-order opening on March 1st, I'm sure we will all hear about the FR-S pre-orders opening up and I'll be able to swing by and put my deposit down the day of, I'm not counting on a call the day of or for these people to wait on me.

Quote:
Old 03-07-2012, 11:06 AM   #167
Tbxgz

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
The fact that were having this conversation is already a red flag. There should be no confusion, and no mis understandings. I got a call from a Scion guy nearly a month ago asking for a deposit for the FR-S.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:01 PM   #168
gt86mods
Toyobaru Obsessed

I'm not confused at all, I'm not giving anyone a deposit until there is an official waiting list end of story. Until Scion North America announces they are officially taking pre-orders no dealer is going to see a cent of mine. That's the careful way to do business.

Handing someone a check and assuming they are going to do what you ask is a risk I'm not willing to take, everyone and their grandma knows dealers are scam artists, putting yourself in a situation where they can screw you is something you should blame yourself for. You don't blame a tiger for mauling someone, you blame the guy who put himself in that situation. If you let these people walk all over you and take advantage of you, they are going to take the invitation.

Quote: