follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires.

User Tag List

Old 05-07-2014, 01:44 PM   #57
TylerLieberman

Drives: '24 GR86
Thanked 3,341 Times in 1,575 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I guess this car doesn't meet the criteria either then, huh?

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fr_hwWJcHf4[/ame]
TylerLieberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 01:48 PM   #58
NemeGuero
Banned

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerLieberman View Post
I guess this car doesn't meet the criteria either then, huh?

OMG so UNSAFE!!
NemeGuero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 01:51 PM   #59
Ammonia

Drives: Whiteout FRS, Audi A4, 135i (sold)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
I'm usually not one to poke into threads like this, but the guys defending 'stance' and 'hellaflush' aren't posting pics of anything near what the OP posted up, for good reason I'd imagine.

Theres no problem with moderate stretch and tuck and flush, hell, my rears have some natural camber that I think looks badass. Its the guys with 2 inches of majorly stretched tire contact per wheel that practically ride on the sidewall that annoy me. Its dangerous and aggravating to see.

You cannot in good conscious argue that riding on a tire how you are meant to isn't more safe than riding on the shoulder of the tire. And to pass it off as 'to each his own' or 'stop hating' is a cop-out. It looks stupid, yes, but so do (in my opinion) many things that people do to their cars, like giant wings, brightly colored rims, stupidly large "Rally" mudflaps on a car that isn't even AWD, etc. But for those, it doesn't affect anyone else, thats their style, I'll respect it or hold my tongue and move on. Super stretch and extreme camber on the other hand is a whole different animal. I have a friend who works in roadside assistance, and he goes through cars every month that blow tires due to extreme camber and sidewall damage. At highway speeds, that is a recipe for disaster, and each and every one of you guys know this. You aren't alone on the roads.
8R6 (05-13-2014), ATL BRZ (05-07-2014), csworldfan (05-07-2014), HunterGreene (05-07-2014), mothespaceman (05-07-2014), SirBrass (05-09-2014), STV3 (05-07-2014), tahdizzle (05-07-2014), Tim_Asphalt_FRS (05-08-2014)
Old 05-07-2014, 01:58 PM   #60
TylerLieberman

Drives: '24 GR86
Thanked 3,341 Times in 1,575 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammonia View Post
I'm usually not one to poke into threads like this, but the guys defending 'stance' and 'hellaflush' aren't posting pics of anything near what the OP posted up, for good reason I'd imagine.

Theres no problem with moderate stretch and tuck and flush, hell, my rears have some natural camber that I think looks badass. Its the guys with 2 inches of majorly stretched tire contact per wheel that practically ride on the sidewall that annoy me. Its dangerous and aggravating to see.

You cannot in good conscious argue that riding on a tire how you are meant to isn't more safe than riding on the shoulder of the tire. And to pass it off as 'to each his own' or 'stop hating' is a cop-out. It looks stupid, yes, but so do (in my opinion) many things that people do to their cars, like giant wings, brightly colored rims, stupidly large "Rally" mudflaps on a car that isn't even AWD, etc. But for those, it doesn't affect anyone else, thats their style, I'll respect it or hold my tongue and move on. Super stretch and extreme camber on the other hand is a whole different animal. I have a friend who works in roadside assistance, and he goes through cars every month that blow tires due to extreme camber and sidewall damage. At highway speeds, that is a recipe for disaster, and each and every one of you guys know this. You aren't alone on the roads.
The OP doesn't understand the difference between stance and oni-camber, which is what is in the original post.

The two are very different. However, I agree with what you stated. I'm not a fan of most of what you listed there either, but I don't go around creating a thread talking about how much I hate it-when there's already numerous readily available. Nor do I go in to peoples' threads to tell them how stupid their cars look.
TylerLieberman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TylerLieberman For This Useful Post:
Ammonia (05-07-2014)
Old 05-07-2014, 01:59 PM   #61
NemeGuero
Banned

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammonia View Post

that's what "hella flush" is, tuck and flush. The mad camber isn't "hella flush" or stance for that matter.

and the ignorance to this fact is why these threads keep popping up.
NemeGuero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:00 PM   #62
Ammonia

Quote:
The OP doesn't understand the difference between stance and oni-camber, which is what is in the original post.

The two are very different. However, I agree with what you stated. I'm not a fan of most of what you listed there either, but I don't go around creating a thread talking about how much I hate it-when there's already numerous readily available. Nor do I go in to peoples' threads to tell them how stupid their cars look.
I don't either, which is why I'm loathe to contribute but I said my piece

Inb4lock
Old 05-07-2014, 02:17 PM   #63
executivekoala

Drives: fr-s
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I cant say "to each his own" is a cop out. I see people every day riding stock cars with messed up suspension that's deeply unsafe. Others, with tires with the wires showing. Duct taped doors and trunks and hoods. Rear tail lights out, people on their cell phones or tending to kids in the back seat. Fact is, I think there are bigger things to worry about on the road with normal cars than a honda with stretched tires.
executivekoala is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to executivekoala For This Useful Post:
sactownbwoy (12-26-2014)
Old 05-07-2014, 02:28 PM   #64
zooki

Drives: waiting on a 2021...
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by executivekoala View Post
I cant say "to each his own" is a cop out. I see people every day riding stock cars with messed up suspension that's deeply unsafe. Others, with tires with the wires showing. Duct taped doors and trunks and hoods. Rear tail lights out, people on their cell phones or tending to kids in the back seat. Fact is, I think there are bigger things to worry about on the road with normal cars than a honda with stretched tires.
Maybe we can start a few threads to hate on those people too. I'm game .
Although I bet if a couple of kids in Japan would have duct taped their doors shut, SOMEBODY over here would have picked it up as the "newest JDM style"...
Yo.
1999 Ford F250 Powerstroke, the tow rig
1969 Mustang, the fast car....(:
zooki is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zooki For This Useful Post:
SirBrass (05-09-2014)
Old 05-07-2014, 02:35 PM   #65
Ammonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by executivekoala View Post

None of those are okay either. The people doing so aren't trying to glorify it, they're just idiots.

There isn't a "Taillights Blown Nation" group out there. If there was it would be just as stupid.
carloverx (05-07-2014)
Old 05-07-2014, 02:49 PM   #66
lamptaco

Drives: 2014 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Why can't we all just get along
lamptaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:20 PM   #67
STV3
Seņor Member

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Thanked 1,322 Times in 645 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Now neither of these are something that I would personally do to my own car but this first one is flush and looks pretty sick IMHO

Now to this is just crap and screaming "Look at me! I want to be cool and different!"

STV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to STV3 For This Useful Post:
chas3wba0 (05-07-2014), hmong337 (05-08-2014), zdr93523 (05-07-2014)
Old 05-07-2014, 03:23 PM   #68
kevman_101

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
this thing ran almost 0 rear camber.

0 rear camber and no tire stretch.. Oh em gee.
I don`t think those are the problems cars. Those are perfectly fine, safe and still able to jam the brakes and have general grip.

These are the ones that scare me, and probably all of us. Those cars should never be on the road, and hopefully they are not if the owners are smart enough.
kevman_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:45 PM   #69
evomike

Drives: frs
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
and thats the argument flush cars are safe oni camber isnt
evomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:36 PM   #70
Kostamojen

Drives: 1993 Impreza w/ WRX Swap + FWD!
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by STV3 View Post
Now neither of these are something that I would personally do to my own car but this first one is flush and looks pretty sick IMHO

IMO that car looks "Cheap" IE the modifications make the car look less expensive.
Kostamojen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
howmanycangetinb4tehlock?