follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 04-11-2012, 10:36 AM   #15
CapnJay

Drives: 06 Honda Accord
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Does anyone know if you are able to combine the two? I am military and got my associates degree from the CCAF (Community College of the Air Force) in Oct of 11. $2000 off would be great
CapnJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:53 AM   #16
eikond
Wish Nissan made one

Drives: '13 WRB BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnJay View Post
Does anyone know if you are able to combine the two? I am military and got my associates degree from the CCAF (Community College of the Air Force) in Oct of 11. $2000 off would be great
The fine print of the top section of that link I posted above says, "one rebate per finance or lease transaction". So I'm sure they won't combine both college and military and give you the $2k.

However.. I wish they would.. You deserve it! Thank you for your service!!!
eikond is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to eikond For This Useful Post:
Username (06-11-2012)
Old 04-11-2012, 10:58 AM   #17
luxmn
First FR-S

Drives: Whiteout MT FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Silly me my phone browser can't see the popup no wonder I didn't see the footnotes. I have to jump on this offer soon, I graduated in May '10 the 24 months is ending soon
luxmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:09 AM   #18
andcas7

Drives: 2012 Lexus IS250 F-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laika View Post
Just yesterday my scion dealership told me the college rebate won't apply on this car...I also have a long history of finding this dealership to be useless though. Hmm
The site clearly says:
Quote:
Scion is giving qualified new and recent college grads a $1000 rebate on the purchase or lease of any new Scion to help launch you into the next chapter of your lives.
So either the dealer is not a participating dealership or false advertisement if they offer it on another vehicle (IMO).

Also, I would not say I want this rebate until AFTER I have a set "Out the door" price, otherwise they may just add that 1k somewhere.

Quote:
The Scion site says: One rebate per agreement, not sure if you can do both, being different offers, I thought I read somewhere you can combine with other offers, but it seems it is only one "rebate" per transaction.

Also, I would think this is a rebate from the financial institution, it is not the dealer's "loss" someone correct me if I'm wrong.
andcas7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:56 AM   #19
blur
ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Drives: E36 5.7 V8
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I've been thinking about the military rebate too since I'm going to BMT soon, I also found this tidbit on the college grad site...

Quote:
Waived security deposit (with lease agreements).
Cool!
Old 04-11-2012, 12:27 PM   #20
Hanakuso

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I'm going to give this a shot. The way I see it I have three chances but all don't really fall under the requirements.. I'm going to try to use my sister or GF and then later change the loan to me

1. I graduated from a 4 year university 2 years 3 months ago
2. My sister graduated from a PHD program 2 years ago but still did residence for 1 year after that
3. My GF will graduate with a Masters in 7 months
Hanakuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:45 PM   #21
marinjim

Drives: 2013 FR-S MT Firestorm recd 5/31/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laika View Post
Just yesterday my scion dealership told me the college rebate won't apply on this car...I also have a long history of finding this dealership to be useless though. Hmm
My son and I will be sharing the FR-S, probably a mistake on my part, but since he graduated Mar. '11 the graduate program has been of up-most interest to me, here is what I have found out so far:

The iQ took about 30 days to be "worked" into the "program" although if the terms state "any" new Scion the FR-S must be included.

You don't need to finance with Scion to get the discount, I'll be paying cash and got clarification on that right away.

Since the title will read son's name "or" my name both we can use his degree to qualify for the rebate.

If you are cutting it close to qualify (May 2010 grad) I'd suggest you get the financing application in hand and filled out before May and review it with the F&I (finance and insurance) rep. at the store you're buying through. The app. can take a week to 10 days and if every minute counts you want to have it done in advance of the car arriving. The dealer may tell you that as long as the app. is in the system you'll qualify but I personally wouldn't take the chance of missing out on $1,000 savings. Also they need a VIN for the app to be complete but can get that when the car arrives at the distribution center, possibly sooner.

Great that you posted this topic.

Firestorm Red MT FR-S received 5/31/12 at 11 AM Novato Ca. Novato Scion, so long 1993 Lexus SC300 MT, you served me well for 18 years
marinjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:53 PM   #22
Grip Ronin
The Mechanic

Drives: Civic Turbo,FR-S
The booklets handed out at the auto show support the 2 discounts and I intend to fight for them both lol
Grip Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:20 PM   #23
marinjim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grip Ronin View Post
The booklets handed out at the auto show support the 2 discounts and I intend to fight for them both lol
Go for it and I wish you the best of luck. An easy way to test the waters would be an online chat with Scion rep. If I were you I'd call or visit a dealer and inquire if they processed a double on a current car.

Better to get the news now instead of in the heat of battle when you've been called that the car is in port or on the dealers lot.

Firestorm Red MT FR-S received 5/31/12 at 11 AM Novato Ca. Novato Scion, so long 1993 Lexus SC300 MT, you served me well for 18 years
Old 04-11-2012, 10:03 PM   #24
dietz

Drives: Raven / 6MT FR-S
I asked about this back in Feb/ March time frame, before they renewed the offer. A couple weeks ago the dealer also told me it didn't apply to the frs, I will be following up some more though now that the offer has been renewed. Salesmen rarely know what they are talking about. My biggest problem is that I graduated may 10, 2010, so its getting down to the wire.
dietz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:22 AM   #25
Grip Ronin
The Mechanic

Drives: Civic Turbo,FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by marinjim View Post
Go for it and I wish you the best of luck. An easy way to test the waters would be an online chat with Scion rep. If I were you I'd call or visit a dealer and inquire if they processed a double on a current car.

Better to get the news now instead of in the heat of battle when you've been called that the car is in port or on the dealers lot.
thanx im planning to get it at the end of the year because im leaving for training for 4 months soon and i want to sell my s14 to make space, with that out of the way i can start harassing the dealerships lol
Grip Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:19 PM   #26
marinjim

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinjim View Post
You don't need to finance with Scion to get the discount, I'll be paying cash and got clarification on that right away.
I got bad info on the above needed to finance $5,000 the minimum for 90 days to get rebate for son.

Old 06-11-2012, 06:26 PM   #27
smallfun

Drives: '00 Corolla, Asphalt FR-S
My local dealership told me that I had to finance $5k through Toyota as well, that there was no grad discount for the FR-S and that the military discount was only $500. Granted I did ask this on 6/1 (the day it went on sale) when I put down my deposit. Has this changed since then, or were the sales and finance people at my local dealership a bit misinformed?
smallfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:56 PM   #28
motofan

Drives: 10 VW GTI
My friend got the $1000 graduate rebate. The process is smooth. Although the official website did not mention FR-S at that time. Financed 20k @ 3.04% through TOYOTA.
motofan is offline   Reply With Quote