follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 09-07-2017, 01:19 AM   #1
MyGT86Yas

Drives: 2017 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My experience with 86Speed and Jackson Racing

I had been researching and looking for a supercharger kit for my 2017 86 in this summer. Around mid July I contacted 86 speed (Malen was the sale representative) and he answered all the questions I had about the Jackson Racing supercharger kit, very informative and responsive. He responded to my emails the same day almost every time. So on July 21 I paid 2,500 as a deposit for the supercharger kit and about a week later I paid full amount for the oil cooler. I was told that the whole kit would take 2-3 weeks to deliver because Jackson racing was still finalizing the tune for the 2017 model. But I was very satisfied with their sale service...until my deposit was sent for the kit.

Two weeks after I placed my order (August 3rd) I emailed Malen asking for an update and he responded "I will check up on this for you". I didn't get a response from him so I waited until August 7th and emailed him again, still no response. I waited two more days and email him again on August 9 and still no response. I got anxious and decided to give them a call on August 11th, one of their sale representatives Christian told me that he spoke with Jackson Racing the day before and the last update was they were waiting for the blower from Rotrex. On the same day Malen responded to my email and said the kit was ready but they still needed to finalize the tune. I was confused because two people from 86 speed were giving me different answers so I called them again. And Christian confirmed that NEITHER the kit nor the tune was ready. Then I asked how much longer would it take. They told me they should receive the whole kit from Jackson Racing on August 31st.

I waited until today although I suspected something went wrong again and they just did not care to let me know. I called them and the reason they gave me this time is the inter-cooler pipes were rubbing against the front bumper on the Jackson racing test vehicles. The pipes will need to be re-designed and re-manufactured. I asked them how long will it take and Malen said THEY DON't KNOW I got pissed and the conversation got heated up. He basically said it's all Jackson Racing's problems and there was nothing that they can do to help me. But my point is they never intend to keep me update on my order, and both time they said they would call me back they DID NOT CALL BACK. And then he said "if you can't wait we can just refund you your money". I was like F you you hold my money for a month and half and now you tell me to get my money back and F off? I got so mad and he sent the ball to Jackson Racing and told their sale director Chris to call me on settling this, and he said maybe Jackson racing would give me a discount because of the situation.

So Chris called and apologized for the delay. And he told me the supercharger kit for the 2017 model is not released yet I was like why 86 Speed told me the kit would be delivered before mid August. And he answered they "expected" to finalize the whole thing by that time but it didn't happen. Then I started questioning him about the tune, the blower, and inter-cooler pipes issues, he admitted that they found out the problem with the pipes fitment back in July but they didn't release the information to anyone. And they "expect" to get the pipes re-manufactured in 2-3 weeks this time So basically at the time I placed my order, they didn't have a blower in stock, they didn't have the tune ready, and they knew the inter-cooler pipes would not fit our cars, yet they told 86 Speed and me to expect to get the kit in 2-3 weeks.
I then asked Chris if they can give me a discount if I continue to wait. He offered me THEIR t-shirt as a compensation for all the delay

I'm sure a lot of you had good experience with them, but my experience was F'king terrible with them. Just here to share my experience as I decided to ask them to refund my money.
MyGT86Yas is offline   Reply With Quote