follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 05-16-2023, 12:19 PM   #1
nwgabrz

Drives: BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anybody installed GReddy Brake Ducts for the FR-S?

Hey,

I bought the GReddy FR-S brake ducts from GReddy and I am trying to install them on an FR-S bumper. Supposedly "light" trimming required, but it seems like I have to cut out the entire turn signal/fog light assembly?

I thought I just had to trim the parts where the concave of the brake ducts intersect the turn signal/fog light bumper assembly, and you just install them from the outside-in (insert into the cutout), but it seems like you insert them from the inside-out (from behind the cutout), which means I need to trim out the entire assembly part from the bumper, or else the lip will be visible on the exterior (seems like the lip should be tucked behind the cutout, meaning install from the inside-out).

Does anyone who has installed these have any photos, tips, or directions? There seems to be absolutely no install guide on these.

Here are some photos.

Before trimming (left side):

After trimming (right side):

Test fit:

The lip is on the outside so it seems like the brake duct needs to be inserted from the other side, meaning the whole assembly needs to be trimmed off:

Edit: link to gallery because it the images look small the way the forum lays it out.

I am thinking I need to trim off the whole assembly, so much for "light" trimming?

Additionally, I got maybe 8 or 10 screws with this but no instructions on where they go. If anyone has instructions for install, then that would be helpful.

Thanks,
nwgabrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 06:22 PM   #2
Corbu

Drives: Raven Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
I'm in the same boat. I'm thinking of JB Welding the thing in from the back. Just nervous about trimming too much! I'm guessing the screws are for connecting something at the end of the duct, not for install.
Corbu is offline   Reply With Quote