follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 11-04-2012, 11:23 PM   #29
R2RO

Drives: 2013 FR-S, 2013 FR-S(2JZ Build)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
No more updates?
R2RO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:15 AM   #30
GrimmSpeed

Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 WRX
Thanked 3,550 Times in 885 Posts
Mentioned: 218 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to GrimmSpeed Send a message via MSN to GrimmSpeed
Sorry, we've had the car in and out of the shop the last few months to use for R&D, so I'm not daily driving it anymore. I'll see if I can find the time to post an update this week, though. Thanks for reviving the thread! Here's a photo that a local photographer shot a month or two back!

Matt Beenen
Engineering
GrimmSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GrimmSpeed For This Useful Post:
SkAsphalt (11-05-2012)
Old 11-05-2012, 11:19 AM   #31
gmookher
Banned

Drives: VortechSC,BorlaEL,Perrin,GCRace
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
what are the upcoming items in R&D with you guys for our platform?
gmookher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:48 AM   #32
SUB-ZERO

Drives: GT86/GTR R35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimmSpeed View Post
So, by now, you probably recognize the GrimmSpeed name from our oil cap thread, our license plate relocation, or from the Subaru/Mitsu/Hyundai world. Well, I have the great privilege of working with the fine folks at GrimmSpeed day in and day out and I have the even greater privilege (sorry guys) of leading the engineering effort that'll help you guys take your BRZ/FR-S to the next level. As part of that, I assured Mr. Grimm that an engineer couldn't very well improve upon an already fantastic car without spending some time behind the wheel. It's just not fair to take an already well-engineered car and throw parts at it because they're available. That's like going to a nice restaurant and asking for salt and pepper before you even taste your food.

He went for it! So here I am on Friday morning, key in hand, ready to spend a couple weeks courting this beautiful lady. I think it's important to be on the same page as you guys as we all learn more about these cars and work together to come up with innovative solutions to the issues/shortcomings that we find. I'll be keeping a daily journal, with my experiences, thoughts, pictures, video, etc. You can expect that I'll keep the dry, technical talk to a minimum, but give an honest, open opinion of the car in a wide variety of environments. If you want more of one thing and less of another, let me know!

I suppose I can share a little bit about myself, so you know where these ramblings are coming from. Obviously, I'm an engineer at GrimmSpeed. I consider myself to be a true car guy. What I mean is that I don't have a burning allegiance to Toyota, Subaru, Honda, Nissan, etc (although the Subaru bug has certainly bitten hard recently). I love a great car, no matter it's origin and this car certainly falls under that heading. I typically substitute speeding for swinging through corners and around off-ramps, I won the MAC autocross series last summer in my BSP STI, I hate rush hour traffic like the rest of you and I enjoy long walks on the beach. Ok, enough of that. Here's my 'automotive resume'. Intentionally or not, I'll be drawing comparisons to all of these throughout the next two weeks.

1996 Toyota Camry
2000 VW Jetta VR6
2001 VW GTI 1.8T
2006 Subaru STI
1994 BMW 318is
1984 Porsche 911
2005 Subaru Legacy GT

Here are a few pictures that I snapped yesterday around the area. I created a flickr account just for this thread, so it should be a good way for folks wanting hi-res images to find them in one spot!

GrimmSpeed Engineering's Daily BRZ Journal Photoset

- Matt

is the license plate adjustable left and right because in our country uae we have to put the number on the driver side ( left ) your number plate relocation is instad of the tow huck can I ajust the number left and right pls reply urgent @GrimmSpeed
SUB-ZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:44 AM   #33
HunterGreene
Hail Magnet

Drives: Firestorm FR-S: "Artemis"
Thanked 3,195 Times in 1,633 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUB-ZERO View Post
is the license plate adjustable left and right because in our country uae we have to put the number on the driver side ( left ) your number plate relocation is instad of the tow huck can I ajust the number left and right pls reply urgent @GrimmSpeed
As far as the mounting is concerned, I believe it is only set up currently to work with the tow hook mount on the passenger (right-hand) side. There is no front tow hook on the left hand (driver) side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
It has priests in it?
HunterGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:02 AM   #34
SUB-ZERO

Drives: GT86/GTR R35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterGreene View Post
As far as the mounting is concerned, I believe it is only set up currently to work with the tow hook mount on the passenger (right-hand) side. There is no front tow hook on the left hand (driver) side.

I now but can I let the plate number face the left side ? that what I mean
SUB-ZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:09 AM   #35
HunterGreene
Hail Magnet

Drives: Firestorm FR-S: "Artemis"
Thanked 3,195 Times in 1,633 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUB-ZERO View Post
I now but can I let the plate number face the left side ? that what I mean
Sorry for the confusion. There is a U-shaped bracket that attaches to the tow hook mount, but I am not sure how far you can angle it towards the driver's side before you are in contact with the bumper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
It has priests in it?
HunterGreene is offline   Reply With Quote