follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 10-20-2016, 03:58 PM   #85
Mishimoto

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenex View Post
When are the black ones gunna ship? I ordered mine in June and received no word as to when I'll get it

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Hey!

They are almost all set - should be shipping very early November!

Thanks for your patience !
-Gardiner
Mishimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 03:48 PM   #86
Mishimoto

Hey Everyone,

We've officially got our products in, so once it's inventoried, shipping will commence! This means two things.

1. For those of you who have not ordered, you have a VERY limited time to get the your order in if you want to grab pre-sale pricing! Jump on over to our commercial thread to order.

2. If you've already ordered your fan shroud, it will be shipping very soon! Thanks so much for your patience.

Take care everyone, and thanks to those of you who have ordered already as well as those who have merely followed along!

-Gardiner
The Following User Says Thank You to Mishimoto For This Useful Post:
Bonburner (11-08-2016)
Old 11-11-2016, 12:04 PM   #87
Mishimoto

Hey everyone,

The pre-sale is officially over! Thanks so much to all of you who ordered - your shrouds will be shipping in short order.

Have a great weekend, and don't hesitate to continue to use this thread if you have any more questions you'd like to ask me.

-Gardiner
Old 02-10-2017, 02:28 AM   #88
Trueweltall

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishimoto View Post
Let me know if you've got any other questions!
Will this fit the Jackson Racing Dual Radiator/Oil Cooler? I am wanting to upgrade my cooling system and increase clearance for a future turbo build. I specifically want to use this dual unit so I have more room for a front mount IC.
Trueweltall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 10:54 AM   #89
Mishimoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueweltall View Post
Will this fit the Jackson Racing Dual Radiator/Oil Cooler? I am wanting to upgrade my cooling system and increase clearance for a future turbo build. I specifically want to use this dual unit so I have more room for a front mount IC.
Hi Trueweltall,

The Jackson Racing radiator states that it fits with OEM equipment; while we can't guarantee fitment with that radiator, it's a pretty safe bet that if the OEM fans fit on the Jackson Racing radiator, ours will too.

Thanks!

-Steve
Old 11-24-2018, 04:33 AM   #90
djezlee

Drives: 2017 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishimoto View Post
Hi Trueweltall,

The Jackson Racing radiator states that it fits with OEM equipment; while we can't guarantee fitment with that radiator, it's a pretty safe bet that if the OEM fans fit on the Jackson Racing radiator, ours will too.

Thanks!

-Steve
Has anyone actually ordered the fan shroud and checked the fitment against the JR dual radiator?
djezlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 05:40 PM   #91
Joveen

Drives: Bone stock
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Do you guys plan on making ones with Spal fans for FI guys @Mishimoto?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Joveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 08:26 PM   #92
AllThePeat

Drives: 2019 Autox BRZ & 2021 GTI (Daily)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by djezlee View Post
Has anyone actually ordered the fan shroud and checked the fitment against the JR dual radiator?
Resurrecting an old thread, but I purchased the JR radiator/oil cooler and mishimoto shroud today and will report back how it goes for those interested.

2021 GTI | Daily
AllThePeat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AllThePeat For This Useful Post:
Hawk77FT (09-19-2019)
Old 10-04-2019, 12:14 AM   #93
AllThePeat

Drives: 2019 Autox BRZ & 2021 GTI (Daily)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Installed the JR Radiator/Oil Cooler today with the Mishimoto black aluminum shroud and can’t say it didn’t have any hiccups, but nothing major. First, the driver side prong on the bottom of the shroud I had to cut off about 1/8” to allow it to pass under the AN fitting for the oil cooler. It also seemed to be a bit thicker on the drivers side where the cooler met the radiator since there is a weld there so the bracket that holds the shroud to the radiator was not flush against the radiator. Went to the hardware store and got a few washers — 4 per side I think — to bring the shroud off the weld and keep it level across to each side. Also grabbed slightly longer bolts since the supplied JR ones are not long enough with the washers added. There’s a slight gap now between the shroud and radiator. Might fill in with foam if needed.

The only other caveat would be I did not have to work around any of the AC parts as I am removing that along with this install.

If anyone wants fully installed or a specific shot, let me know and I’ll do my best to grab it.

2021 GTI | Daily
AllThePeat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AllThePeat For This Useful Post:
Joveen (04-22-2020)