follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northern California

Northern California NorCal

User Tag List
finch1750, go_a_way1, undefindedt

Old 03-02-2017, 12:55 PM   #8527
overlookedx

Drives: 2015 WRB Limited
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatFlip View Post
So we've been living in our new neighborhood for the last 6 mos and in that span I've had 3 packages stolen off my front porch and I'm pissed. I've tried to put special notes on my shipping requests to throw the package over my driveway gate (where the dog hangs out) but that's hit or miss. I've gone ahead and ordered security cameras but is there such a thing as a service that can receive packages for me? I know some UPS/FEDEX/USPS packages can be "intercepted" to be "will-called" at a location and Amazon has lockers but I can't do that for other packages. I used to just have stuff shipped to my work, but that's not really an option now with my current employer.

Can PO boxes take packages? I didn't think they could. I know at least UPS requires a street address to ship to.

I hate people sometimes... Which is why I'm moving to the woods when I retire so I can drive twisties all day and hang out and shoot MF'ers on my property... /rant
Dude that sucks, that is happening everywhere now. I see it posted on Nextdoor all the time and have been seeing videos of it all over youtube. Guess I should consider myself lucky that UPS/Fedex never delivers to my place because of my gated entrance so I have all my packages directed to the UPS/Fedex store. Not sure what I'd do if I didn't have that option, though.
BigFatFlip (03-02-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 01:13 PM   #8528
driggity

Drives: Silver Coupe with a Boxer
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatFlip View Post
So we've been living in our new neighborhood for the last 6 mos and in that span I've had 3 packages stolen off my front porch and I'm pissed. I've tried to put special notes on my shipping requests to throw the package over my driveway gate (where the dog hangs out) but that's hit or miss. I've gone ahead and ordered security cameras but is there such a thing as a service that can receive packages for me? I know some UPS/FEDEX/USPS packages can be "intercepted" to be "will-called" at a location and Amazon has lockers but I can't do that for other packages. I used to just have stuff shipped to my work, but that's not really an option now with my current employer.

Can PO boxes take packages? I didn't think they could. I know at least UPS requires a street address to ship to.

I hate people sometimes... Which is why I'm moving to the woods when I retire so I can drive twisties all day and hang out and shoot MF'ers on my property... /rant
Quote:
Originally Posted by finch1750 View Post
Man, sorry to hear. Some places have PO Boxes with street addresses so anyone can ship. I think the Arco storage here does so maybe look around online.

Also, for UPS and FedEx create an account online and you can set it to always be held the the hub iirc. That way you don't have to worry about catching every package.

I think Postal Annex also lets you setup a PO Box with street address so you can have packages delivered there. No idea on what the cost is though.

This puts my lazy delivery driver gripes into perspective. I keep grumbling because we get deliveries that go straight to our apartment office instead of even trying to deliver to our apartment. So if you don't know the package is coming you have no indication that it was delivered. Last week Amazon Logistics got there after the apartment office closed and didn't even try to deliver it to the apartment even though I was there. They just said it was undeliverable that day because the "business was closed". But all of that is way less shitty than having things stolen.
driggity is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to driggity For This Useful Post:
BigFatFlip (03-02-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 02:39 PM   #8529
finch1750
Undisputed El Presidente

Drives: Zenki 37J ZN6
Thanked 9,397 Times in 5,261 Posts
Mentioned: 374 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by driggity View Post
I think Postal Annex also lets you setup a PO Box with street address so you can have packages delivered there. No idea on what the cost is though.

This puts my lazy delivery driver gripes into perspective. I keep grumbling because we get deliveries that go straight to our apartment office instead of even trying to deliver to our apartment. So if you don't know the package is coming you have no indication that it was delivered. Last week Amazon Logistics got there after the apartment office closed and didn't even try to deliver it to the apartment even though I was there. They just said it was undeliverable that day because the "business was closed". But all of that is way less shitty than having things stolen.
The property hates it just as much. A friend of mine is a property manager and always has to deal with people bitching since the office closes at 5 and if people work they can never get them. She lives on site too so if they happen to see her they always ask her to go open the office real quick

"Just like how a strut bar somehow enables you to corner 20MPH faster around a cloverleaf on-ramp, when the reality is, you can do it already but you just don't have to balls to do it." - CSG David
finch1750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 03:42 PM   #8530
driggity

Quote:
The property hates it just as much. A friend of mine is a property manager and always has to deal with people bitching since the office closes at 5 and if people work they can never get them. She lives on site too so if they happen to see her they always ask her to go open the office real quick

I'm sure it sucks for them. I would hate that job so much.

Fortunately at my apartment they're open until 6 and I go to work early so I'm usually home in time to pick stuff up. Especially nights like tonight when I know something good is getting delivered.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:56 PM   #8531
Pish
#teamswagoi

Drives: 2014 Raven FR-S Monogram
Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Paging @Pish to the discussion as well
LOL.
Pish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 05:58 PM   #8532
Pish
#teamswagoi

Drives: 2014 Raven FR-S Monogram
Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Go Sharks kekekekek #trollpost
Pish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 06:34 PM   #8533
finch1750
Undisputed El Presidente

Drives: Zenki 37J ZN6
Thanked 9,397 Times in 5,261 Posts
Mentioned: 374 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
@Clipdat Dell gets the start tonight. Lets hope it starts a string of them

"Just like how a strut bar somehow enables you to corner 20MPH faster around a cloverleaf on-ramp, when the reality is, you can do it already but you just don't have to balls to do it." - CSG David
finch1750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 06:39 PM   #8534
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

Drives: Subaru Boxer
Thanked 6,845 Times in 3,675 Posts
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Nice, should be a good game!

Quote:
@Clipdat Dell gets the start tonight. Lets home it starts a string of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy
Clipdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 01:05 PM   #8535
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,471 Times in 3,207 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Anyone doing anything this weekend? Weather should be nice.

edit:

wait wtf, just checked Wunderground and now they're forecasting some rain both tomorrow and Sunday, so I take back the "Weather should be nice" bit. :\
spike021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 01:15 PM   #8536
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

Yeah, not happy about more rain. I was planning on vacuuming out my car and installing my floor mats, but not if it rains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post

edit:

wait wtf, just checked Wunderground and now they're forecasting some rain both tomorrow and Sunday, so I take back the "Weather should be nice" bit. :\

Quote:
I'm old and lazy
Old 03-03-2017, 01:25 PM   #8537
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,471 Times in 3,207 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipdat View Post
Yeah, not happy about more rain. I was planning on vacuuming out my car and installing my floor mats, but not if it rains.
Yeah.. the weather's been so nice this week but I've been stuck in the office every day. Was looking forward to a nice weekend.

At least there is spring training baseball to listen to on the radio if I stay inside, I suppose.
spike021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 02:05 PM   #8538
BigFatFlip
sleep, drive, eat, repeat

Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 Outback
Thanked 3,796 Times in 1,981 Posts
Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post

edit:

Gonna watch some soggy 86cup
BigFatFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 02:39 PM   #8539
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

What the fuck is this? $32k?!? 28,836 miles?!

http://www.autonationmazdaroseville....d04da27f30.htm

Quote:
I'm old and lazy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clipdat For This Useful Post:
My Key (03-04-2017), thecarfilmer (03-03-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 02:58 PM   #8540
driggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipdat View Post
What the fuck is this? $32k?!? 28,836 miles?!

Well, you can definitely say that ESX has a look to their cars. I was instantly reminded of their old WRX drag car when I saw those pictures and before I read that actually was an ESX BRZ. Honestly I hadn't even thought of them or heard their name in a long, long time.