follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southern California

Southern California SoCal

User Tag List

Old 10-25-2012, 03:48 AM   #1
PMok
Codename: Stitch

Drives: 91 MR2; 06 IS350; 16 BRZ; 18 CX-5
Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,307 Posts
Mentioned: 462 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
CA buyers: Buying your BRZ or FR-S out-of-state

Decided to start my own thread here with information about buying a BRZ or FR-S out of state and then bringing it to CA. Instead of constantly harping about it in the Norcal available cars thread, I think it's worthy of its own topic. Several of us have done it now, and I've been getting a couple of PMs asking about the process. So I thought I'd do this and share the info I have. I have quoted a few others who also provided info - hope you guys don't mind. PM if you would rather have your name or quote removed and I will take it off.

DISCLAIMER: I don't work for a dealership. I have no interest in selling you a car or getting you to buy one from a particular dealer. No guarantees you will save X dollars or get a car sooner than waiting in line at a local dealer or continually calling them. Just sharing the info and positive experience I had (as did others).

Read through this, and decide for yourself if you want to join the "CO>CA Cartel." :happy0180:

Here is a link to the CA DMV site, specifically the requirements for registering an out-of-state vehicle (i.e., you bring in a car from outside CA):
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/brochures/howto/htvr9.htm

I recommend reading through the whole thread if you are seriously interested in buying from out of state as there's a lot of info and advice here. But for the TL;DR version, here is a quick and to-the-point summary of the DMV process, provided by @mav1178

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
Since a lot of us are buying from out of state (especially BRZ), I figure I'd give everyone a heads up on what is needed to complete the process:

What you need to provide to the DMV:
  • Application for registration (usually the dealer will provide this)
  • Bill of sale (provided by dealer)
  • Certificate of Origin (provided by dealer)
  • Proof of financing/lienholder (if financing the car) (provided by dealer)
  • Smog check (you must do this)
  • Vehicle inspection report (can be done at the DMV, or at a local law enforcement agency that is qualified for vehicle inspection, aka any place that can write off a fix-it ticket, including CHP)
  • Statement of facts (you can fill this out at the DMV)

A few things to note:
  • The application for registration should be done by the dealer that's selling you the car, if they know how to sell cars out of state. However, some dealers might not send this to you, so you'll have to fill the form out yourself.
  • You must smog the car, there is no way around this. It's more of an outdated law that blanket-covers all "non-California compliant" cars, but in my opinion this law should be revised to exempt cars that meet California emissions (which some cars are, like mine).
  • Vehicle inspection report: you can print the form from the DMV site, and take the car to any police agency that can sign off on fix-it tickets. You can also do this at the DMV, but you will have to pull the car into the inspection lane and this takes longer. I did this at the LA County Sheriff's Industry station.
  • Statement of facts: the DMV employee will ask you to fill one out, but basically you're stating when and where you purchased the car, and for what price.
  • The registration date is based on the date you physically brought in the car from out of state. This date is provided as a fact on your application. Even though I registered the car today (7/15), my "entry date" was 6/30 and my registration states as such.
  • Make an appointment at the DMV... I had an 8AM appointment, was the first person for vehicle registration, and was in/out of the place in less than 15 minutes with all of my paperwork completed.

I know a lot of people hate the DMV, but I've never had any issues with going there. Having all of the paperwork ready saves a lot of trouble...

I paid no fees of ANY KIND in Colorado. The tax was forwarded to CA DMV via a Cashier's Check from Heuberger Motors, mailed to me, to be turned over to the DMV.

I had no CO RTD tax, no CO title/license fee, and temp CO plates good through 8/13.

Any dealer you buy from out of state that tries to charge you local fees, is not doing the paperwork correct.

Just an FYI.

-alex

---- original post for historical accuracy ----

So here's the setup. Back in July I was looking to buy a BRZ or FR-S. I quickly discovered that finding a car in the Bay Area was extremely difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMok View Post
I have called about 20 of the nearest Subaru dealers in the Bay Area over the last 3 weeks or so. ... For the most part the outcome is either 1) they sold at MSRP and are now sold out for all 2012 allocations, or 2) they are marking up between $1K - $5K. At this point I think my best bets are in Reno, NV or Colorado Springs. Both are taking orders at MSRP and do not seem to have long waitlists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norkoastal View Post
Good info guys... What hassle would we have buying out of state? Additional tax, doc fees? This is my first new car purchase, so obviously this is hilarious to be on the hunt for the golden goose along with a few hundred like minded folks... The elusive dark blue manual BRZ/FRS will be mine!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Guy View Post
I know that you would still be taxed at the California tax rate of where you live. Doc fee might be different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcalscionchamp View Post
Some states have a reciprocity agreement where you pay the tax in one state and it counts towards the other states taxes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcalscionchamp View Post
But yes in CA you will pay the tax rate of the city in which you reside regardless of where you purchase
Quote:
well, I officially gave up on the California Subaru dealers today and took my business elsewhere... placed an order at the Subaru dealership in Colorado Springs, CO. This is the largest volume Subie dealer in America, and they are taking orders and selling BRZs at BELOW MSRP. No joke. So even with the cost of shipping this car to CA I am saving money over what most of the NorCal Subie dealers are gouging for.

As of today this dealership in CO still have a SWP Limited 6MT with Pkg 1A and spoiler that is unsold and due to hit their lot later this week. I almost bought it but decided to wait and get a WRB Premium instead, so I've placed my order with them. I have been working with Karen in their Internet sales dept. and she has been awesome so far answering all my questions.

http://www.heubergermotors.com/new-i...ventoryListing
Quote:
that link I posted, lists what they are offering the car at. But I'll throw it out here because it will likely change or be removed when they sell that car.

MSRP on the SWP BRZ Premium 6MT + Pop 1A + spoiler = $27255. Their internet price is $26655, + $389 dealer handling fee. You will have to add taxes and any license fees on top of that (no avoiding that). So it's about $211 below MSRP before tax.

They told me they will honor that price for any car ordered as well, for instance if you want a barebones BRZ no packages or options. $600 off the MSRP then add the other fees.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud of BOXER View Post
Just picked up a white limited 6MT from Lithia Subaru in Reno for 500 under MSRP. No haggle, no problems. Great people to work with! PMok, thanks for the heads-up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86BRZ View Post
Hi PMOK,
How much are you paying for shipping the car from CO to CA?
Quote:
They will ship it for $650. Not 100% sure yet if I will ship or drive it back though. The cost of airfare, hotels, meals and gas would come out about the same, but at least I'd get a trip/adventure out of it.
Quote:
I found one in CO and ask them to ship...dealer charging $750 -$800. I just don't want to break-in a new car 15 - 18 hrs hard and immediate have 1000 miles on it when new...plus no time to do that.
Quote:
yeah i feel the same way... but I also have some reservations about having them ship the car sight unseen - basically you've bought the car without ever test driving it. I guess anything weird would just have to be resolved under warranty.

Quote:
I got my paperwork in Fedex today, after this step the car will be on the truck. I will ask them to take some pics before load the truck and I will put my insurance effective before loading, even there may be some cheap trucking insurance for the shipping. In this crazy BRZ shortage, I can only trust Subaru production line and their warranty, cannot ask for too much. I also noticed I have to pay a 1.1% RTD tax for State of CO and some unknown title/license fee ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones36 View Post
So I am ordering my brz in September and I can't find a dealer in the bay area selling at msrp. Is Lithia Reno Subaru my only hope?
Quote:
check out my previous posts in this thread ... Lithia or Heuberger in CO are selling at MSRP or slightly below. ... If you want to buy in Sept. or place an order, I'd put a deposit down now. You will have to be pretty lucky (sure, it happens) to just show up and buy one when you are ready.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike92 View Post
Thank you for the info PMok. Just reserved that black limited in CO. Has the options I wanted from the factory anyways and they did 600 under MSRP (and then added dealer handling etc).

Only down side is that they're telling me that SOA is not offering a lease on this car in August. I spoke to Jeff and he said they'd check again in September. I'm ok with financing it but would have preferred a lease.

I can't believe how hard this has been. I've been checking almost every dealership in CA for weeks and it seems like all the ones who have units are marking up like crazy, and the rest do first-come-first-serve.
I'm just glad to have it locked in for late September!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones36 View Post
I have been emailing Lithia Reno Subaru and they want a $1000 non refundable deposit.
Quote:
yeah, I was a little hesitant about that too, but hey if you have your mind set on buying a BRZ I truly believe they or Heuberger are your best bet. They will most likely get you the car this year, whereas otherwise you are hunting around in CA and *might* get one this year. These two dealerships are taking orders and not marking up. Sure you could get lucky and find one suddenly available locally that someone else flaked on, AND maybe it will be available at MSRP, but I took the "conservative" bet, I wasn't in a super rush anyways. If I was in a rush to get one, I probably would have just bought a FR-S, they are far easier to come by.
Quote:
I'll second this statement.. Heuberger has been pretty good with my blind purchase.. Car will be on a truck Monday en-route to my porch. About a month from first inquiry to signing paperwork
Quote:
My wait will be over soon. The truck will pick up the car this Thur/fri and deliver next Tue. The driving is only 2 days as you know but I guess they may have some other shipment to pick up or deliver in some other cities. Technically, the car is mine now, sitting in a showroom a few states away for another few more days.
Quote:
I like to peek in on Heuberger's site from time to time to see what they have coming... I am sure they will be selling these without markup. So if you are interested and contact them, ask for Karen in the Internet dept and tell them PMok sent you...

http://www.heubergermotors.com/new-i...ventoryListing
Quote:
Take the time to read thru this thread... You'll see most CA Subaru dealers are marking up or straight up gouging. NorCal and SoCal. The CO or NV dealers mentioned 1) get cars more frequently, 2) sell at or under MSRP, 3) will ship car to you. Getting mine at below MSRP, even shipped to me. I hope in a year people will look back and laugh at this because BRZs will be a dime a dozen and easily found on a CA dealer lot anywhere, but for now, it's your best chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilow View Post
The thing is, I plan on trading in my current car for a brz. Never traded in a vehicle before but I would assume I'll have to bring it to the dealership that has the car I want. Probably wouldn't make sense to bring my car to Colorado.
Quote:
Ah, yeah that's a complication. You could sell your car privately or go to Carmax... I think trading in your car for a new one is usually a weak bargaining position to go in with. Even when the price of the new car is negotiable, whatever deal you manage to get, they will just lowball you on the trade to get that money back. You should treat them like two separate transactions, because they won't really do you any favors if you try to make it one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverpike View Post
... if you buy a car from outside CA (even new), the 6-year smog grace period is voided. This means the car must be smogged every 2 years starting from the year you buy it.
Not worth an out of state purchase IMHO, unless you are desperate.
Quote:
source? or I call

I don't see anything about that here:

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/smogfaq.htm#BM2537
Quote:
but I don't think that means buying a new car out of state will be an exception. it sounds like it would be if you were a non-resident of CA but for whatever reason you were living in CA for a period of time and brought your car from out of state. If you are a resident of CA then I think you are OK. But it's not really clear.
Quote:
My car is arriving Sunday from CO, it takes 4 days because of stops, and will go to DMV next week to register. I will find out this smog thing for all of us.
Quote:
FINALLY!! My wait is OVER!! WRB MT Limited arrived

Saturday. One day sooner. The biggest on-line/mail order sight unseen no test drive purchase ever! Odometer just like the document - 5 miles only landed in my front door! The only thing I can be picky about is the bumper and windshield is full of bugs after travel 1000+ miles, and the body is stick with a thin layer of Nevada desert dust. It comes off from a 40 foot long car transporter truck/trailer. Needs a good hand wash, that's all. I can tell the driver is a Pro do this load/ unload cars everyday so many times. My worry about the car may got a ding or scratch is over (or I should not be worry at all). Price? I have it @ MSRP shipped, plus license/tax of course. CO dealer also provide a temporary plate (paper) and CO tag so I can drive 60 days in CA until registration.
"Someone" suggested me to register almost 60 day to get full use and save a couple months of CA registration fees. I will post the DMV process after my visit to them, soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vubaru View Post
I bought my BRZ in Portland, OR and drove it 600 mi to CA. Then I registered it with the DMV at 700 mi on the odo after getting it smogged and inspected, no problemo. I have tags, registration, etc.

My dealer did not take care of sales tax. The DMV did that when I registered the car, although they apparently f***ed something up so I need to go back, but I think it had something to do with my paperwork rather than an issue with the laws. I'll go back and handle it without an issue, most likely. Just a FYI.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaineWasHere View Post
ANY car that is not purchased in CA needs to be smogged to be registered.
Quote:
I just got my car from CO last week.. Maybe I should wait too... hhhmmmm.. Now I need to look for CO temp tags in my paperwork.
Quote:
The little business card like tag is to put inside the car. The paper plate with a big hand written expire date is to display from the rear window inside.
Quote:
Today visit DMV, easy! No trouble but need to go back to provide the smog cert and real CO registration to complete it.

Here is a summary:

1. Yes, need to do a smog check, even the car is brand new. Say $50.
2. No re-smog every 2 years. It is a 5 years after this one, just like any new car.
3. Pay a $292 CA registration fee, just like buying in CA. Registration starting today. So It make sense to use the CO temp registration to the last day, because I walk out with a CA temp registration with today's date.
4. CA Sales tax collected in CO is all credited. My CO dealer hit me with Santa Clara rate, so I owe nothing. Otherwise pay the difference. Will end up the same anyway.
5. The CO RTD tax for 1.1% collected, it is paid to CO, no refund, no credit. $310 is wasted. [not every dealer charges this]
6. The CO title / license Fee collected and paid to CO, $267 is another waste, cannot credit to CA fee. [not every dealer charges this]
7. Misc: Waiting for the car for a 1 week or so after paid....(say cost $100 on car payment?)
8. Take my time off from work to wait in line in DMV...(pay rate @??)

My car is MSRP shipped. The fee wasted is about $727 in the process of bringing in the car. I would say I will go for MSRP + $1000 if there is a car available in CA, if I can go back and do this again. (It does not means I agree with this MSRP + practice)

(Bonus: I can go back to CA dealer and refund the lemon car if the CEL issue pop up and cannot be fix. Now I only limit to warranty repair.)

Quote:
I just signed my paperwork this weekend which was super simple - they FedExed it to me, I signed it and sent it right back with the provided FedEx envelope. Easiest car buying transaction I've ever had. My car arrived in CO on Thursday, I should receive my car here sometime this next week.

Just trying to help others get the car they want. Doesn't seem like shopping the Bay Area dealers will get you a car anytime soon (without markup).
Quote:
I will echo these comments... This is the way to get a BRZ to CA within a month end to end without BS CA markups or add ons.. Once the car has landed in CO its basically 2-3 days paperwork and then a 4 day transport wait to your doorstep ($600). HB use's a good truck company, but try to ask for the front placement (I got lucky as the car wasn't protected or wrapped anymore).
Quote:
they just let me know that it's going to be a little while longer before they can deliver it. The truck won't be available to pick my car up until next Monday, so then a few days beyond that to get my car. They said another company could do it sooner for $100 more but I am ok to wait a little bit more. Oh well, in the meantime while it sits there at the dealership this week I am going to get window tints applied at a nearby place, saves me the trouble of taking it somewhere later on my own time.
Quote:
Mine probably get at the front at one point, because the bumper and windshield are full of bugs and sxxt when she arrived. I belielve those cars will change spots on the truck bed depending on pick up and drop off, and I believe these trucking guys, moving cars daily, will try hard to think the best way to work less to move cars up and down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike92 View Post
Thanks for the update. I'm taking mine in soon and I was pretty bummed about possibly losing the 5 year exemption.
I know when mine got off the truck from CO it was in the front bottom position and completely covered in a fine layer of brown dust. No bugs luckily but the dust was everywhere.
Quote:
Same here, my car just arrived today! mine was the last drop off for the truck so it was in frontmost spot. Spots of dirt/dust everywhere, unfortunately I had to get to work so no time for more than a quick rinse that didn't help that much.

Meanwhile, in the Bay Area...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86_ZN6 View Post
Subaru Marin ... 2 BRZ's in stock and ready to go. 1 is a Limited Dark Grey Metallic with a 6 speed manual trans. *The other is a Satin White Premium with a 6 speed transmission.

The White one is MSRP + $3995 and the Grey one is MSRP + $4995.

so let me know whos stupid enought to buy this cars

So there you have it. Anyone else who has had experience buying a BRZ or FR-S in a nearby state and bringing it into CA, please chip in with your experiences.

Last edited by PMok; 12-19-2013 at 02:50 PM. Reason: updated with DMV process summary
PMok is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to PMok For This Useful Post:
86BRZ (10-25-2012), 86_ZN6 (10-25-2012), bdbx18 (11-23-2012), davesbrz (11-16-2013), Fly Guy (10-26-2012), Giccin (04-11-2013), gunmetal5 (10-25-2012), kludger (10-31-2012), Silverpike (09-17-2013), Sugi (12-22-2014), Tenino (10-20-2016), Tigranakert (11-02-2012)
Old 10-25-2012, 12:40 PM   #2
gunmetal5

Drives: FRS - MY13
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Good post man! well done
gunmetal5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:14 PM   #3
SkullWorks
Banned

Drives: SSM LT MT BRZ
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
HAHAHA I orriginated this process, I flew to Denver to buy my car in Centennial CO, on July 2nd,

Spent the next 2 days driving it back to SoCal, including a break in trip to the top of pike's Peak with less than 100mi on the ODO.

I opted to pay no tax in CO and defer the tax to California, this was no problem at all with my dealer, and I got a half sheet of paper for the back window with a 60day registration and the aforementioned business card sized slip of paper.

When i got ta cali (and the registration period mostly elapsed) i went to the DMV and played their games.

1.) VIN verification,
2.) Smog
3.) $2797 registration and tax

I highly recommend not shipping the car several reasons.

1.) my flight to denver was ~$204.00 and gas was about $180 (1200mi/27mpg*~$4.00 (gas is actually cheaper but this will give safe number))
I stayed in hotels 2 nights at about $85 each so...204+180+170=$554.00

2.) no better way to bond with your new baby than taking the long way out of colorado then leisurely driving through beautiful Utah and Nevada.

3.) California expects (requires) you to register within 10 days of the vehicle entering the state. if it arrives on a bill of lading from a trucking company... well that's your game to play i guess...i wanted to use all of the Colorado reg time I could.

4.) you are buying this car to drive it right?.........so drive it already quit mucking around....
SkullWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SkullWorks For This Useful Post:
Fly Guy (10-26-2012), PMok (10-25-2012)
Old 10-25-2012, 01:31 PM   #4
helloimgil

Drives: 13 Whiteout / 09 R6 [BRZ is gone!]
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
I drove my SWP BRZ back from Utah. was fun! Would've done it again in a heartbeat had I not been able to get a white FRS locally.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8525
helloimgil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:30 PM   #5
Norkoastal
Never on Time Always Late

Drives: #silenced crickets
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Some of us.....(me)...... were foreign to manuals for a few years prior to this purchase and might not treat the car ideally on first drive.. Add to that the sleepless nights with your brand new car parked somewhere you've never been before, rock chips from long drive, eh.. i'll take the shipping option and have 1k more miles to play.. (new sig is born)
Old 10-25-2012, 04:22 PM   #6
SkullWorks
Banned

Drives: SSM LT MT BRZ
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Some of us.....(me)...... were foreign to manuals for a few years prior to this purchase and might not treat the car ideally on first drive.. Add to that the sleepless nights with your brand new car parked somewhere you've never been before, rock chips from long drive, eh.. i'll take the shipping option and have 1k more miles to play.. (new sig is born)

really?

I thought we were buying these cars to drive them.

Road trips are a wonderful part of living in America, I highly suggest you get over whatever phobia you have and start driving your car outside your home city....ASAP, and as often as possible,

No one is going to steal a car you can't sell parts off of yet, and you have full coverage i assume, so, go drive...paint chips happen...it's not gold plated DRIVE IT
SkullWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:33 PM   #7
Norkoastal
Never on Time Always Late

Drives: #silenced crickets
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullWorks View Post
really?

Road trips are a wonderful part of living in America, I highly suggest you get over whatever phobia you have and start driving your car outside your home city....ASAP, and as often as possible,

No one is going to steal a car you can't sell parts off of yet, and you have full coverage i assume, so, go drive...paint chips happen...it's not gold plated DRIVE IT
After having the car a couple months I completely agree with you (driven the PCH and Lake county pass), but those first few lights and hills hit the nerves until I felt comfortable with the clutch... I was just about to pull the ticket to fly but the cheap trucking cost was way less than expected.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:09 PM   #8
PMok

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullWorks View Post
really?

I totally agree with you, and I really wanted to drive it home, but I got busy with work and it just made sense to ship it. Wish I could have done Pikes' Peak...
Old 10-25-2012, 05:10 PM   #9
PMok

Quote:
(new sig is born)
Awwww yeah! joining the Cartel!
Old 10-25-2012, 05:22 PM   #10
Shinji2787

Drives: '85 AE86 Sprinter Trueno
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Heyo. I bought mine from Lithia Reno Nevada. Great experience over all. I was planning to road trip back down the PCH to get home but timing didn't work out .

Main things to worry about are having to smog the car again for initial registration and then getting the car registered at a DMV within the 14 day temporary permit.
Shinji2787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:29 PM   #11
Re~Mix

Drives: 13' Scion FRS MT
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Have you tried some of the more obscure dealers? Say Berkeley, Novato, up towards Sacramento etc.?

I'm surprised to hear the shortage and markups are still rampant.
Re~Mix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:01 PM   #12
PMok

I think an FR-S would be easier to get in CA and avoid all this hassle. But finding a BRZ without markups right now is like catching a unicorn.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:30 PM   #13
RYU

Drives: really slow...
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
It's been about 6 wks of happily driving a CO BRZ here in CA You can add me to the CO>CA Cartel.

Find a good dealer who will help you thru the process. My dealer sucked and was not knowledgeable when I asked about requesting the paperwork, etc. You'll need the "Certificate of Origin". It's a very important document and it was like pulling teeth to get this from the original dealer. This is a certificate that follows the car from the Port of Origin and comes from Subaru.

I also paid the CA tax at the Subie dealer (Arapahoe Go Subaru, near Denver). They miscalculated the tax which is an easy mistake to make so I don't mind.. but i'm still going thru the refund credit process because I ended up paying about $170 too much. Have no idea if i'll ever see this refund. Sales people there are great. Their Finance and Admin staff... Whole different story!

Btw.. not sure if this was mentioned. Evidently they require a smog every 2yrs instead of the first 5 year waiver.

Regardless.. couldn't be happier w/ the car. Thank god I didn't settle for a FR-S

This was during the drive home passing thru Moab in the wee morning hours with my bro.
RYU is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RYU For This Useful Post:
Fly Guy (10-26-2012), NorCalRider (03-12-2013), PMok (10-25-2012)
Old 10-25-2012, 06:43 PM   #14
likebutter

Drives: CBS BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
I was very fortunate to find the exact trim and color BRZ from Lithia Subaru up in Oregon City, OR. It was painless and I received my car shipped via truck to a nearby Home Depot for pick up. I negotiated with the dealership to help chip in for CA taxes and they sent me a check right after I got the car registered here.
Don't wait 6-8 months out just to get a "no-go" from your CA Subie/Toyo dealership.
likebutter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to likebutter For This Useful Post:
PMok (10-25-2012)

Tags
brz, buying, california, colorado, msrp