follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 02-14-2013, 11:56 PM   #1
zohare

Drives: '13 Firestorm Base AT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Custom interior/Soft touch ideas or compilation?

OK So this is loose. Looking for ideas or if we can make this a compilation. I have seen different bits and pieces here and there with custom upholstery soft touch leather alcantara suede etc. My goal is no more hard plastic surfaces. Silver plastic--> Carbon or texallium, and the doors, handles etc, recovered in nice pieces of fabric. Sound deadening eventually to go with if the weight isn't too excessive. The pillars, headliner, everything. Helpful info:
Airbags. Where can I NOT cover?
How much is too much? Like tacky 90's pimped Cadillac quilted EVERYTHING tacky
Should I try and match the colors that exist already, or cover ALL the blacks (like the top of the doors that already have a nice cover) or what? Because trying to find matching black suede to go with a mostly vinyl interior on my 4G Eclipse was a pain in the ass...

Compilation would be awesome and helpful just for ideas. I'd like to see a lot of people here throw some stuff around and maybe we'll end up with a solid idea. There are some NASTY (in a good way) interiors I saw at SEMA, but I want to retain the factory shape and design elements. IE, largest changes to be maybe color and or perforation instead of solid or visa versa. Thanks!

Also- I searched. It doesn't work. EVER. SO TIRED OF IT. Most of the pictures I've seen are in random threads on tapatalk that I saved for this thread... then lost my phone. *doh*
zohare is offline   Reply With Quote