follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 07-03-2013, 11:24 PM   #365
Dazza

Drives: Tornado Grey Toyota 86 GT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Not sure why, but I seem to get VW owners wanting to race me...Polo and Golf GTI's
Dazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:20 AM   #366
RurumariGhost

Drives: Dark Grey Metallic 2013 BRZ
had a civic si that I passed while on cruise control today rev and start riding my ass. I moved over a lane then let him fly, and used him as a meat shield for the fuzz
RurumariGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:34 AM   #367
BlueLeader

Drives: Ultramarine Blue Scion FRS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I sorta am immune to those now. 5 or so years ago anyone who wanted to go I'd go but really at 30 I just don't give a s@&# anymore :beer:

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
BlueLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:52 PM   #368
BRZBlack

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Garage
Had an M3 with some kid behind the wheel next to me for about 3 miles on a stretch of I-94 the other night when cruising with a friend (he had his own car). OBVIOUSLY his car was faster. Sounded great. looked good. I screamed "nice car" when i cought him staring at me. He continued to speed up, slow down. Rev his engine ect ect. Ok then. I just laughed and continued to cruise as the friend I was cruising with (vette with about 10k worth of work done) pulled on his other side. He didn't do anything after that, except slow down to get away from him. Rightfully so. He wouldn't have stood a chance. If you are gonna drive with your balls out, put up or shut up. On the other hand, I've had people pull up next to me in much faster and more expencive sports cars and still have the respect for automobiles in general to say "Nice car!" or "I love it!". They know what it is and what it was made for. Even my brother (V8's for life) has a certain respect for it. He is the only person I know that I let drive it.

I'll say, our cars look fast but as we all know, are not. People are gonna f*ck with us in everything under the sun.... and probably win from stoplight to stoplight. Whatever gives your ego a boost i guess.
I like most people on this forum, didn't buy this car to smoke everything on the road. I bought it because I want to drive. Do some modifications. Take it to autocross events/track days. Personally I could give 2 sh*ts if so and so car has more HP or torque. I have a huge smile on my face whenever I get behind the wheel. And that my friends, is what it's all about.
BRZBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRZBlack For This Useful Post:
Froylavin (07-12-2013), tinma (07-07-2013)
Old 07-07-2013, 12:44 AM   #369
Brzetto

Drives: 4 wheels
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazza View Post
Not sure why, but I seem to get VW owners wanting to race me...Polo and Golf GTI's

Those VW owners want their balls back so they think trying to race a sports car somehow equates to automatic balls replacement. Tough shit for them, they are in a VW. They will never get their manhood back.
Brzetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:07 AM   #370
ijuliusx

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS (ARGENTO)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
i just got someone pulled over tonight LOL

i was just driving normal on the freeway 70-80mph LOL and passed this blue civic SI,
he just smashed the gas for no reason and cut me off, and a cop chose to follow and pull him over instead of me hahahahah
ijuliusx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ijuliusx For This Useful Post:
Brently (07-07-2013)
Old 07-08-2013, 04:25 AM   #371
ein311

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S in Firestorm
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Central California, so it happens at least once every time I'm out driving.
First day I got the car I had an RSX rev hard next to me at a red light and the guy kept trying to signal me to race him.
Got the typical Charger/Challenger/Camaro dudes revving at lights trying to get me to race. Surprisingly haven't gotten a lot of crap from Mustangs, so I guess that's nice.

The occasional bro truck will try to race me or something...

Most of the time I just ignore it. If I know the guy's just trying to screw with me on the highway I'll tend to speed up and pass them and hold them to behind me just because a lot of people around here like to cut people off and slow down to below the speed limit and hold them. Bunch of jerks, really.

Although this one time I was driving on a route and got stopped at a light, next to a red Supra. Nice one, too. I kinda looked over at the guy since I really like Supras and I think he caught me. When the light turned green I was accelerating like I usually do and noticed the Supra was taking it suuuuper easy. Kind of felt like a jerk on that one. :P
ein311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:43 PM   #372
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synack View Post
There's virtually zero point in drag racing the FR-S/BRZ; unless you're heavily modified.
SO TRUE! Especially on a highway or straight street where it has no way to defend itself its under powered compared to the cars that rev at it.
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:17 AM   #373
fatoni

Drives: miata, mazdaspeed protege, ls430
Thanked 1,442 Times in 787 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ae86stunt View Post
Yes true, But its still fwd. And is pretty much at its peak out of the box.

Its proven by best motoring. FWD in same class will always loss...
so what if its fwd? that doesnt change how fast it is. and why do you care if its at its peak out of the box? if you want to be much faster than that, the frs is certainly not the answer. you should be looking at something along the lines of a corvette or at least the new mustang.

using best motoring as proof is not going to get you anywhere in a serious conversation. and even if you try, you should at least remember how the top setup k20 eg ends up being the winner around horsethief over some very serious cars (think nsx, s2000, gtr etc.).
fatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:07 AM   #374
track_warrior
Track Junkie

Drives: Faster than the Stig!
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by norsamerican View Post
mustangs, camaros, chargers, big lifted diesel trucks..they just rev and launch at the lights...then again im in west texas so its to be expected.

Its fun to rev back then when the light turns green jump off the line then just slip it into second and watch them tear off while i accelerate normally...not even worth my time.
Bro cars
Old 07-11-2013, 03:07 PM   #375
wrxgoose
WUB WUB

Drives: 2013 Firestorm
Thanked 1,573 Times in 858 Posts
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I was coming back from a meet on Monday, accelerate hard going down the entry ramp onto the highway (I prefer to get up to speed as fast as I can, so it's easier to merge in if there's traffic) and there was a Z car behind me (350 or 370, not sure). I pulled away on the slight bend in the ramp, then once I was up to speed on the highway (65-70mph) the Z pulls up next to me, then stomps it. Guess he thought because my car is so loud I would have wanted to race, but I much prefer to keep the racing on the track.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:44 PM   #376
6speed_Sam
Thumper

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ae86stunt View Post
Betting there are only a hand full who knows what this beast is...
That a GTO tri-power? .. looks like a Pontiac at least

Last edited by 6speed_Sam; 07-11-2013 at 11:57 PM.
6speed_Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:45 AM   #377
fang_gt86
FR Noob

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Got chased by a vette, cut-off by a Celica GTS and mocked by a Gene-coupe. All on the way to a meetup. Seriously, I'm started to think the twins are getting way too much attention on the road. Why can't my EP3 get this much attention?

6MT FR-S Whiteout:OFT- OTS V2 Stage 2 (93oct & E85), Tomei UEL, Invidia OP, JDL UltraQuiet FP, Ark Grip catback, GS hood struts, Perrin Inlet & K&N drop-in
fang_gt86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fang_gt86 For This Useful Post:
gt8613 (08-19-2013)
Old 07-12-2013, 10:04 AM   #378
enwave
That headunit though...

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited SSM
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Little turbo'd civic with purple wheels tried to blow by me yesterday, succeeded since I didn't return the challenge, and something obviously went wrong with his car. Really awkward single loud noise. Saw him pulled over on the side with his hood popped when I looped back around after dropping off my fiancée. Gave him a thumbs up and a smile and went on my casual way.
enwave is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enwave For This Useful Post:
Brently (07-13-2013), gt8613 (08-19-2013)