follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 06-13-2012, 01:45 PM   #29
Tbxgz

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinjiro n View Post
Huge blind spots (relatively) and the headrests are the only thing bothering me so far.
Right side blind spot is pretty bad but the small window and big side-view mirrors help a lot. This was a huge concern for me before I bought the car but it really hasnt been that bad, IMO.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:46 PM   #30
Hanakuso

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMrolla View Post
I hate that its a Scion and not a Toyota.
Actually badge wise I don't care but would prefer the Toyota name because I think the Scion logo is ugly. Dealership wise I was happy it's a Scion because of the true pricing but it doesn't seem to hold true anymore
Hanakuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:00 PM   #31
HunterGreene
Hail Magnet

Drives: Firestorm FR-S: "Artemis"
Thanked 3,195 Times in 1,633 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
I hate the chrome tails and the radio antenna.

I LOVE the fact that is has NO SUNROOF...leaky, creaky, weight and cost-adding nonsense is not what this car needs.
You make a good point with the sunroof, I hadn't considered that. Still nice to have that thing open on a warm summer night, next best thing to a convertible.

As far as the antenna is concerned, does anyone know if its the standard screw-in type? Would love to be able to just swap out the S2000 antenna I have in my car now.
HunterGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:01 PM   #32
M&M_Hwy9

Drives: Scion FR-S (AT) Asphalt
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
I dislike the strap that holds the seatbelt, when it comes undone it makes a ringing sound in my left ear.
M&M_Hwy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:04 PM   #33
DantKR

Drives: Subaru BRZ LT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
The factory radio/GPS in my BRZ, it's simply awful, the interface is so clunky, the gps doesn't get solid GPS locks and loses the signal and the bluetooth hands-free is basically un-usable as it's constantly disconnecting despite my phone being in the center console area so really close to the headunit, and the issue isn't my phone as I never had a single disconnect with my phone with the Kenwood headunit I had installed in my Dodge Magnum I had before the BRZ.
Sounds like an issue with your head unit. Mine works flawlessly. Connects to my phone every time. Phone calls come through perfectly. Have not lost a GPS single yet(except parking garages).
DantKR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DantKR For This Useful Post:
2pt5RS (06-13-2012)
Old 06-13-2012, 02:05 PM   #34
b.e

Drives: 2013 FR-S Hot Lava, 2007 Tundra
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
I'm a big guy. I enjoy getting onto the car, but not getting out. Of course, that could be just love of the car. Hard to say.

And a second thing: When using Bluetooth audio from my cell phone, I can't get the volume to turn up very loud. The volume is set by the phone volume control, and even maxed out the music isn't very loud.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:05 PM   #35
mattles
Proud of FR Layout

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Biggest hate is the Scion/Toyota dealership I had to deal with, but thats not the car's fault.

The car's biggest fault is that stupid clutch system. Dunno if its the actuator, the clutch slave cylinder, clutch pedal, clutch disc, pressure plate, or what causing it to be so light and lacking feedback, but whatever is causing it, I hate it.

The steering being a bit light at high speeds is somewhat annoying, but not enough to be hate-worthy since 99% of the time the steering feel and input is dead on the mark.

Its hard to find things about this car to hate, which reflects well on Subaru/Toyota.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:07 PM   #36
Spaceywilly
ZC6A2B82KC7J

Drives: 2002 WRX
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddar View Post
I love that when I locked my GTI it would honk the horn to lmk it's locked. the scion just beeps and I can't hear it from inside my house! lol
This is programmable by the dealer. Default level is 5 and it can be turned up to 7. Not sure how much of a difference it makes.

For me, only thing I hate is the headrests. It always feels like I am pushing my head forward. I found it was a lot better though after I reclined my chair back a few clicks. I haven't had any of the problems others are having with the radio, seat belt straps etc., so I guess YMMV. There are minor dislikes but hate is a pretty strong word.

Straights are for fast cars. Turns are for fast drivers.
Spaceywilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:08 PM   #37
Doji Style

Drives: 2014 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiont View Post
Honestly, the thing I don't like the most is the torque dip @ 3500. It really requires precise shift points which isn't a problem on the track, per se, but can interrupt the flow of city driving.
Ditto! I can't believe it took so long for someone to say it. I also dislike the interior map lights, you can't just click it on by touching the light, you have to find/slide the nob. I can't imagine this was a weight saving decision.
Doji Style is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Doji Style For This Useful Post:
F R YESS (11-02-2016)
Old 06-13-2012, 02:16 PM   #38
Kimsey47

Drives: 2016 STI DGM
Thanked 1,460 Times in 662 Posts
I think the only thingI could complain about not having is stupid really... I wish I had a better sunglasses holder somewhere! The US exhaust looks a bit "pussified" but I can live with it... Other than that I'M IN LOVE!
Old 06-13-2012, 02:19 PM   #39
Shizuma

Drives: 2015 Dodge Challenger SXT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DantKR View Post
Sounds like an issue with your head unit. Mine works flawlessly. Connects to my phone every time. Phone calls come through perfectly. Have not lost a GPS single yet(except parking garages).
I'm hoping that it's just a defective unit and they can swap it out and it will be fine, though I've read of several other people having the exact same problems, though I suppose it could be that they just had a bad batch of headunits. It still wouldn't solve the clunky interface, but it would make it bearable till the headunit i'm going to replace it with comes out later on this year.
Shizuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:19 PM   #40
Starscream15

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ - DGM
Garage
I love everything about the car but hate the "Engineer" that thought it was wise to put subs in the Doors. I mean, really?
Old 06-13-2012, 02:20 PM   #41
FRiSson

Drives: FR-S MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
My previous car had a rear wiper. Every car should have them.
FRiSson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FRiSson For This Useful Post:
yuicebox (07-10-2013)
Old 06-13-2012, 02:20 PM   #42
DantKR

Drives: Subaru BRZ LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
I'm hoping that it's just a defective unit and they can swap it out and it will be fine, though I've read of several other people having the exact same problems, though I suppose it could be that they just had a bad batch of headunits. It still wouldn't solve the clunky interface, but it would make it bearable till the headunit i'm going to replace it with comes out later on this year.
Yeah, it's by no means the best but mine moves along fairly well. I would prefer one that tethers to my phone.
DantKR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ha ha!, hate, playerhatersball, potatopants