follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 02-27-2012, 04:15 PM   #855
jedichimp
OG <FR-S'less> Member

Drives: yes
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Agree to disagree, only presenting it as an option with more choices to a factory installed option. "Leather" type though, ha. Ah, well seem to fit pretty well. But if there was a factory option plain black leather that would be good.

panda cheez
jedichimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:21 PM   #856
Bristecom

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ PP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Yeah, I'm not saying that it's impossible for an aftermarket to do a good job with leather but I would not trust whomever the local dealer recommends to do it. And it would be a pain to go out of my way and spend big bucks just to have somebody very skilled with top quality materials to do it. I would rather just buy Recaros or something.
Bristecom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:55 AM   #857
ChrisH

Drives: Car
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_AE86 View Post
I like it! Sure we all want the bells and whistle that we see on other cars, start push button, dual climate control, heated seats, hid light etc. But Lets not forget what this car is all about an affordable rear wheel drive car. For someone who drives a AE86 on a daily basis this is more than i can ask for. My only issue, the badge!
Well, I personally would prefer to get less:
Less weight by a delivery without any climate control at all. As this weight is on the front axle.
And I don't need an "egg cozy" in my seat.
The push button looks nice - but actually makes a simple thing more complicated.
An I don't need any leather, it's cold in the winter and hot in summer. Fabrics or Alcantara are pretty fine - much less slippery than leather, so more lateral support.
ChrisH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:21 PM   #858
dwmilton

Drives: Optima
I agree with what many of you are saying re: styling/features BRZ vs FR-S.

The BRZ Limited has the features I want. The only thing I may like more on the Scion is the front bumper, and it's not even a big deal to me. Even if Scion offered the BRZ Limited features, I'd want to replace the fender inserts with BRZ ones w/ the optional chrome spear. Also, I'd rebadge it as a Toyota.

I've heard that the Scion interior won't even have the red stitching we've seen in most of the photos. The few photos I've seen without the contrast stitching really hit home what a difference a small detail makes; it looks too plain.

Having said all that, what I CAN see Scion doing is releasing an FR-S Release Series (RS) with the BRZ Limited features, probably in the red exterior color, to match the stitching etc.

Scion only carries one trim level to keep prices low, but seems to do a RS for nearly everything. An FR-S RS would be an obvious thing to produce. All the hardware is on the line; it's an extremely simple proposition.
dwmilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:51 PM   #859
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,939 Times in 11,376 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmilton View Post
...An FR-S RS would be an obvious thing to produce. All the hardware is on the line; it's an extremely simple proposition.
That would be a great option for everyone, and particularly those of us in the First 86 Club!
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:57 PM   #860
SioXie101

Drives: 2008 GMC Acadia, 2003 Nissan Altima
Im contemplating of sitting a year out and see what will happen aftermarketwise. But the HVAC controls are hideous in the FRS, although i pay less compared to the BRZ but the one in the BRZ limited should have been the standard at this price range for both models.