follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 11-09-2012, 11:50 PM   #1
Calais

Drives: 2012 BRZ....finally
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Need For Speed: Most Wanted

I got it 2 days ago and have only played it for an hour seriously dissapointed with this game, i was giving the NFS series its last chance with this game and it failed the thing that killed the game for me was that you could not buy cars and have your own garage and the graphics werent as good as expected anyone else have any comments on this game?
Old 11-10-2012, 12:21 AM   #2
Suffa

Drives: Black GTS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I have it on vita and think its great!
Suffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:02 AM   #3
Shagaliscious
Banned

Drives: Firestorm FR-S (MT)
Thanked 2,478 Times in 1,166 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Yea...I can't decide if I want to trade it in when I pick up Black Ops 2. Since you get the 30% bonus, i'd get like $40 for it.

I don't like how you can't customize your cars set-up(like you could in the original Most Wanted), and the game is too easy/short. The original had what, 15 "blacklist" racers, in this one there is only 10 on the most wanted list. And I flew through the first six. I found myself thinking "wow, I wish there was a bigger gap in XP between each of the most wanted racers". It is a fun game, but I wish it was longer (that's what she said).
Shagaliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:06 AM   #4
ironchef

Drives: GLI
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I think their focus was more on multiplayer in this game. Hence the single player being shorter.

I miss the bullet time feature from the previous games, and the environment destruction. Hitting that donut sign and flattening the cops was awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
ironchef is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ironchef For This Useful Post:
M-17 (11-14-2012)
Old 11-10-2012, 08:26 AM   #5
Suffa

Drives: Black GTS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Yeah it is short if you just go for the most wanted. Got through the first few and then fully upgraded the LFA and finished the rest easy.
Suffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:39 AM   #6
Calais

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagaliscious View Post
Yea...I can't decide if I want to trade it in when I pick up Black Ops 2. Since you get the 30% bonus, i'd get like $40 for it.

I don't like how you can't customize your cars set-up(like you could in the original Most Wanted), and the game is too easy/short. The original had what, 15 "blacklist" racers, in this one there is only 10 on the most wanted list. And I flew through the first six. I found myself thinking "wow, I wish there was a bigger gap in XP between each of the most wanted racers". It is a fun game, but I wish it was longer (that's what she said).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffa View Post
Yeah it is short if you just go for the most wanted. Got through the first few and then fully upgraded the LFA and finished the rest easy.

yea im already at the third most wanted person, the no concept of ownership is what kills me with nfs games these days it doesnt feel like you've really achieved anything if all you have to do to get a better car is drive up to it and press a button and instantly its yours, then just go through and upgrade the mods from what you already have unlockded, where's the fun in just getting things without putting in the hard yards? oh and the lack of story line for motivation to finish the game, thats what is also missing there's no good story lines these days.

games are way too short now even the call of duty games are short, guess im just too used to not getting anywhere in GT5 because the game is sooo long
Old 11-14-2012, 12:20 AM   #7
bmxbandit

Drives: '96 Camaro SS & '99 Mustang
i rushed through the most wanted list and now lack motivation to even complete the races. no rewards for doing so. "mods" are lack luster. hoping for some really cool dlc. frs or brz maybe?!
'96 Camaro SS #1883 | '00 Mustang GT
'08 350Z | '15 FR-S Release Series 1.0 #670
bmxbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:49 AM   #8
wrxgoose
WUB WUB

Drives: 2013 Firestorm
Thanked 1,573 Times in 858 Posts
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
picked it up used, found there's no garage to edit/save your cars, traded it back in. didn't play for more than 30minutes. very dissapointing to me
wrxgoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:23 AM   #9
Spd229

Drives: Ultramarine FR-S AT
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
picked it up for $25. We'll see if it's worth even that with the way you guys are talking lol.

The whole garage thing is a bit of a bummer, I do like that they at least seem to make it easy to swap to a car you found while hauling it from the police though. It'd be a pain to try and find that car you flew by while evading.

I'll have to try the multiplayer eventually, I kind of like that it's short but I also remember all the ps2 games where it took a pretty good while to get through all the races and unlock all the cars. Hell, I remember the one where they finally had moving leaves after you flew through them; have to say I turned around and drove through them again lol.

I played it for all of about 10 minutes last night and had my gf continuously telling me where the cops were and that I was driving like a retard as she kind of got sucked into watching it. The cops must have me on their gps though, after shaking them and hiding out on the railroad tracks to only have them find me was ridiculous.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:42 AM   #10
Calais

Garage
im very happy i am not the only one not liking this, kinda cements my positioin, im not buying another NFS game again
Tanuki (12-18-2012)
Old 12-11-2012, 08:52 AM   #11
Spd229

Drives: Ultramarine FR-S AT
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
does seem rather short lived if you only go for the points and the most wanted cars, did you guys play through all the races for each car?

i do kind of hate how criterion has done away with the manual transmission.

keeps making me want to pick up gt5 or forza, and those do have the frs. and other forum members do play them....hmmmmm. ft86club racing series.