follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 07-31-2013, 08:19 PM   #85
sprintertrueno86

Drives: 2018 BMW M2
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chee-Hu View Post
I'm just not the type to really care about sound quality as long as there is sound to be heard.
Same here, but the sound quality is pretty crappy in the BRZ and it's not like I came from nice audio systems in my previous cars. 91 Corolla, 95 Altima, 01 2.5RS, 06 LGT all sound better than the BRZ.

Even messing with the EQ posted in another thread, it still doesn't sound right.
sprintertrueno86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:46 AM   #86
a2cpc

Drives: WRX
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU-BRZ View Post
Revised badging? Putting Subaru badges on all the FRSs, because really... Why keep up this Scion charade?
It was Toyota's idea in the first place. It was Toyota's prototype car. It was Toyota's money that financed it. Yea, so it's a charade on Toyota/Scion's part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericmpena View Post
Hmm, maybe I'm just not that picky with sound then..which is weird because I'm a musician. :/
Not that weird. Maybe you realize that at speed that the BRZ is producing 62.5dB and any stereo is going to sound bad with that much background noise. A good stereo might be great at a stop light, with the engine off and no other cars around you.
a2cpc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to a2cpc For This Useful Post:
ericmpena (08-01-2013)
Old 08-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #87
thill

Drives: 2020 SS1LE (previous 13 BRZ owner)
Thanked 1,463 Times in 802 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by a2cpc View Post
It was Toyota's idea in the first place. It was Toyota's prototype car. It was Toyota's money that financed it. Yea, so it's a charade on Toyota/Scion's part.

Not that weird. Maybe you realize that at speed that the BRZ is producing 62.5dB and any stereo is going to sound bad with that much background noise. A good stereo might be great at a stop light, with the engine off and no other cars around you.
Much of that is the pumped in sound coming from the sound tube which can be fixed easy enough.

I sit in a lot of stop and go traffic in both directions, so for me, it is worth doing the speaker upgrade since for almost 2 hours out of the day it is just me, the car, and the radio

Not that I am complaining...
thill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:19 AM   #88
AznBRZer

Drives: 16 CBS WRX Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thill View Post
Much of that is the pumped in sound coming from the sound tube which can be fixed easy enough.

I sit in a lot of stop and go traffic in both directions, so for me, it is worth doing the speaker upgrade since for almost 2 hours out of the day it is just me, the car, and the radio

Not that I am complaining...
Same deal for me. Personally, I miss the simplicity of just having treble and bass settings.
AznBRZer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:59 PM   #89
driftartist
Kurenai Samurai

Drives: Red and manual
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchy View Post
you're clearly single and don't have a wife who sits in your car banging her knees everywhere as you toss the car around corners in a jovial fashion.
i am married. i just didnt get married till i found a chill one with an easy-going vibe. all im saying is knee pads are not a "mind-blowing" improvement. for lame old me that is
driftartist is offline   Reply With Quote